CDZ Should firearm training be free for the poor, or at least have a government program for free trainin

I'm not aware of any anti-rights people unless you are talking about homophobes, but that would be off subject.
Go look in a mirror. You're in favor of restricting, if not denying, Americans their rights of self-defense, rights of privacy and any other rights that get in the way of the Democratic agenda.

Yes I'm all in favor of denying Goober the right to accidentally kill me or my loved ones because he needs a gun to make him feel like a man, and he doesn't have the sense to know when to not use it. Are you comfortable watching your kid play on the slide at McDonald's when an idiot has an ar15 laying on the table pointed at the playground?

Goober? What about Tyrone or Jamal?

I'm not aware of any anti-rights people unless you are talking about homophobes, but that would be off subject.
Go look in a mirror. You're in favor of restricting, if not denying, Americans their rights of self-defense, rights of privacy and any other rights that get in the way of the Democratic agenda.

Yes I'm all in favor of denying Goober the right to accidentally kill me or my loved ones because he needs a gun to make him feel like a man, and he doesn't have the sense to know when to not use it. Are you comfortable watching your kid play on the slide at McDonald's when an idiot has an ar15 laying on the table pointed at the playground?

I don;t care who it is. Nobody needs to be armed 24/7 unless they are military in a war zone.

I don;t care who it is. Nobody needs to be armed 24/7 unless they are military in a war zone.
No doubt you believe Americans don't need their Freedom of Speech rights, Freedom of Assembly rights and any other rights 24/7 either since that's what Authoritarians do; control the rights of others.

Re the Op, literacy tests as a requirement for voting are not unconstitutional; that's a myth. Using them to discriminate against a minority is an abuse, and Congress can suspend them if they are used to discriminate, but the tests themselves are perfectly constitutional.

http://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3041&context=wmlr

Most states simply avoid the issue as it would flood the court system with case-by-case appeals and frivolous suits from stupid and illiterate people, like Democrats.

If a school system wants to offer a course, and offer it for free, more power to them. They shouldn't be forced to offer them just because right wingers want a welfare program for one of their pet ideological favorites. They should be more concerned about letting any idiot vote, regardless of whether or not they know what they're doing or even if they're criminal illegal aliens, which is a far more pressing issue for the country than firearms training; most people poor enough to need free training can't afford to buy a legal firearm in the first place, much less afford a carry license, so it's a moot issue, suitable for fantasy politics.

Re the Op, literacy tests as a requirement for voting are not unconstitutional; that's a myth. Using them to discriminate against a minority is an abuse, and Congress can suspend them if they are used to discriminate, but the tests themselves are perfectly constitutional.

http://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3041&context=wmlr

Most states simply avoid the issue as it would flood the court system with case-by-case appeals and frivolous suits from stupid and illiterate people, like Democrats.

Yes...requiring training...which costs money, and time........ discriminates against minorities and poor people......the same as Literacy tests did when democrats used them to keep blacks from voting.

There are neighborhoods in democrats controlled voting districts that have more killings than Iraq does.......

If a school system wants to offer a course, and offer it for free, more power to them. They shouldn't be forced to offer them just because right wingers want a welfare program for one of their pet ideological favorites. They should be more concerned about letting any idiot vote, regardless of whether or not they know what they're doing or even if they're criminal illegal aliens, which is a far more pressing issue for the country than firearms training; most people poor enough to need free training can't afford to buy a legal firearm in the first place, much less afford a carry license, so it's a moot issue, suitable for fantasy politics.

Buying the gun isn't the problem...there are guns available in many different price ranges.....but you are right......the license to carry does discriminate against the poor...and that is why Constitutional Carry, carrying a gun without needing a permit is so important.....

if you really loved your kid you wouldn't take him to McDonalds

should the government offer free training programs for gun owners...

The government does offer free firearms training. It's called military service.
Funny, but not quite true since it requires a commitment. Some states offer "free medical training", but it requires a commitment to serve in some shithole part of their state so it's not really free.

A scholarship with no strings attached except grade level is "free".

https://www.usnews.com/education/bl...ore-new-options-to-repay-medical-school-loans

Still, for aforementioned reasons, I support a program where citizens receive firearms safety training even if it was an afterschool program paid for by the NRA and taught by volunteers. Of course you know that the fucking anti-gun folks would have a conniption over it.

I agree completely. There is a constitutional right to own a gun if you so choose, so the government should pay so that constitutionally granted right can be enjoyed as safely as possible. Of course, that means that the right to an abortion, which is also a constitutional right if the woman so chooses, should also be paid for by the government so that constitutionally granted right can be practiced as safely as possible too. This is fun. What other constitutional rights do you want the government to pay for? Mark this day down. We are finally in agreement.

We all have the right to smoke cigs, right?

The gumnt already subsidizes big business, 1% owner/growers so to be fair, they should buy cigarettts for the poor.

And booze? Absolutely.

This article brings up an interesting idea....since owning a gun is a Right, and any Poll Tax or Literacy Test on a Right is unConstitutional.....if those opposed to gun ownership are worried about guns....should the government offer free training programs for gun owners.....not as a mandate, but as a free courtesy to help those too poor to get the training on their own?

The laughable arguments against constitutional carry - Hot Air

We’re not talking about a privilege which is granted to you as some sort of gift by the government and can just as easily be taken away. It’s a fundamental right which was built into the Constitution and it can only be removed in extreme situations where you have proven that you are too dangerous and/or unstable to be trusted with the right.

--------

All the states should be making sure that education and training for gun safety are available to all their citizens for a reasonable price (if not for free).

But we should also remember that liberals continually try to treat firearms as if they are some mythical totem which is somehow different from every other potentially dangerous tool crafted by the hand of man.

Frankly, I don’t think you should be using a chainsaw in your back yard until you’ve had at least some level of training on how to employ one safely and effectively. But the responsibility for that falls on you. And if you wind up injuring yourself or others or causing property damage when you drop a tree on your neighbor’s house, you’re the one stuck paying the price.

Here's an idea for you ... one of the RWNJs posted elsewhere that the poor were an inconvenience or some such garbage as that.

How about we get the NRA to assign this guy to "train" them? One by one, he'd "accidentally" kill them. Two problems solved - firearm training AND no more poor people.

A National Rifle Association employee accidentally shot himself while doing firearms training at the organization's headquarters, according to police.

The 46-year-old man's pistol accidentally discharged Thursday afternoon as he holstered the gun in Fairfax County, Virginia, police said.

The accidental shooting happened at the NRA's National Firearms Museum at 11250 Waples Mill Road in Fairfax.

:eusa_dance:

This article brings up an interesting idea....since owning a gun is a Right, and any Poll Tax or Literacy Test on a Right is unConstitutional.....if those opposed to gun ownership are worried about guns....should the government offer free training programs for gun owners.....not as a mandate, but as a free courtesy to help those too poor to get the training on their own?

We’re not talking about a privilege which is granted to you as some sort of gift by the government and can just as easily be taken away. It’s a fundamental right which was built into the Constitution and it can only be removed in extreme situations where you have proven that you are too dangerous and/or unstable to be trusted with the right.

--------

All the states should be making sure that education and training for gun safety are available to all their citizens for a reasonable price (if not for free).

But we should also remember that liberals continually try to treat firearms as if they are some mythical totem which is somehow different from every other potentially dangerous tool crafted by the hand of man.

Frankly, I don’t think you should be using a chainsaw in your back yard until you’ve had at least some level of training on how to employ one safely and effectively. But the responsibility for that falls on you. And if you wind up injuring yourself or others or causing property damage when you drop a tree on your neighbor’s house, you’re the one stuck paying the price.

Here's an idea for you ... one of the RWNJs posted elsewhere that the poor were an inconvenience or some such garbage as that.

How about we get the NRA to assign this guy to "train" them? One by one, he'd "accidentally" kill them. Two problems solved - firearm training AND no more poor people.

A National Rifle Association employee accidentally shot himself while doing firearms training at the organization's headquarters, according to police.

The 46-year-old man's pistol accidentally discharged Thursday afternoon as he holstered the gun in Fairfax County, Virginia, police said.

The accidental shooting happened at the NRA's National Firearms Museum at 11250 Waples Mill Road in Fairfax.

:eusa_dance:
Too slow, too expensive and too complicated. Just put them all on Obamacare and release a deadly avian flu bug.

--------

Certainly free safety training. Perhaps include some minor marksmanship training, to cut down on innocent bystanders.

Only open to people with clean criminal records. And that includes juvie files.

--------

Certainly free safety training. Perhaps include some minor marksmanship training, to cut down on innocent bystanders.

Agreed to all except the comment about "innocent bystanders" since lawful shootings of innocent bystanders are so rare as to be insignificant. Most are done by criminals and even those are rare.

Gun Facts | Gun Control Facts Concerning Accidental Gun Deaths
Myth: Innocent bystanders are often killed by guns
Fact: Less than 1% of all gun homicides involve innocent bystanders.

Murder Rates Don’t Tell Us Everything About Gun Violence

--------

Agreed to all except the comment about "innocent bystanders" since lawful shootings of innocent bystanders are so rare as to be insignificant. Most are done by criminals and even those are rare.

I worry about criminals/future criminals taking the class.

should the government offer free training programs for gun owners...

The government does offer free firearms training. It's called military service.
Funny, but not quite true since it requires a commitment. Some states offer "free medical training", but it requires a commitment to serve in some shithole part of their state so it's not really free.

A scholarship with no strings attached except grade level is "free".

https://www.usnews.com/education/bl...ore-new-options-to-repay-medical-school-loans

Still, for aforementioned reasons, I support a program where citizens receive firearms safety training even if it was an afterschool program paid for by the NRA and taught by volunteers. Of course you know that the fucking anti-gun folks would have a conniption over it.

I'd think twice about the NRA...

NRA Employee Accidentally Shoots Himself at Group's Range

I'm a staunch supporter of the right to bear arms, but I wouldn't join the NRA if it were free. Don't get me wrong, I know what they have done to protect the 2nd, they're just not my cup of tea...

Seriously though, I see nothing wrong with paying back for "free" training or education, be it medical aid in clinics or teaching school in the inner city. If you can pay for it, great, do what you want. But if it's given to you, pass it on then do what you want.

I realize this isn't exactly a conservative point of view, but I've always called myself a moderate anyway... I hold views both camps find offensive to their delicate natures.

--------

I worry about criminals/future criminals taking the class.
Do you also worry about "criminals/future criminals" taking driving, math or chemistry classes? What about medical classes so they can secretly patch each other up after major shootouts without having to go to a hospital? How about accounting classes so they can learn how to launder their money? How about firefighting classes so they can learn how to commit arson?

Forum List

Back