CDZ Should firearm training be free for the poor, or at least have a government program for free trainin

Yes, but the right to vote is even more important than the right to be a gun nut. No training restrictions for carrying a gun = no ID requirement for voting. Isn't this fun buddy?

The Right to vote is protected by the Right to own and carry a gun.

When is the last time a person had to pull a gun to be able to vote?

It was called the Civil WAr....when the Republicans had to use guns to free the slaves. And after the war when free blacks and Republicans needed guns to fight off the democrats in the kkk who were hanging freed blacks and republicans...

The technical term for what you just posted is "unmitigated bullshit"

No...that is the truth...the democrats owned the slaves....Republicans freed the slaves...democrats used their terrorist wing, the kkk, to murder freed blacks and their republican allies to keep them from exercising their Rights...and the democrats in government used their power to create Poll Taxes and Literacy tests......

You point out any of the current Democrats that participated in any of that, and I promise not to vote for them. I'm pretty sure most died more than a century ago.

You might want to note that the examples you gave have already been fulfilled by right wing gun nuts, and the NRA is fighting daily to protect the rights of crazies to buy all the guns they want.

And of course you have to lie in order to push your argument...since the truth isn't on your side.....The ACLU and the NRA both support the concept that you can't take away the Rights of an American without due process and actual cause....you, being a left winger, just want power....so stripping citizens of their Rights because you don't like what they do is good for you...

Great idea ARM THE CRAZIES!! THE NRA SUPPORTS THE RIGHT FOR ALL CRAZIES TO BE ARMED TO THE TEETH!!!!

That is, of course, a lie.......the ACLU and the NRA want due process Rights observed before AMericans are stripped of a fundamental Right....you disagree with this?

Due process doesn't always mean a court hearing. We fulfill due process obligations every day without going to court. That phrase means nothing more than following defined procedures. Paying the cashier at the store for a gallon of milk is due process.

Getting a drivers license is different than taking away fundamental Right.....and no....paying for milk is not due process...

Sure it is.

I agree completely. There is a constitutional right to own a gun if you so choose, so the government should pay so that constitutionally granted right can be enjoyed as safely as possible. Of course, that means that the right to an abortion, which is also a constitutional right if the woman so chooses, should also be paid for by the government so that constitutionally granted right can be practiced as safely as possible too. This is fun. What other constitutional rights do you want the government to pay for? Mark this day down. We are finally in agreement.

Abortion is not a Constitutional Right.....the ability to murder a defenseless human is not a Right, that is a crime.

Clearly abortion isn't a crime- now you are just making more nutty extremist claims.

abortion is a crime....it is the murder of an innocent human being....you can rationalize it all you want...but murder is murder no matter how small the human.

Which law is that?

Absolutely right. I was a member for decades until they changed their focus from gun safety to political activity to help gun manufacturers. That's when I quit sending in my money.
Funny. I was a member off and on for several years until the Democrats made a serious move to infringe on gun rights in 2013. Then I signed up until 2021.

The NRA became more political in defense against Democratic overreach. It's one thing to enact "common sense" gun laws, but it's another to use those supposedly "common sense" gun laws as a springboard to deprive honest, law abiding citizens of their right to self-defense. Obama's anti-bill presumed every gun-owner as guilty until proven innocent.

Remember this? That's why people are leery of any Democratic plan to "register guns".

Newspaper sparks outrage for publishing names, addresses of gun permit holders - CNN.com
An interactive map showing the names and addresses of all handgun permit holders in New York's Westchester and Rockland counties has infuriated many readers since it was posted Saturday on a newspaper's website.

The map, published by The Journal News, allows readers to zoom in on red dots that indicate which residents are licensed to own pistols or revolvers. It had prompted more than 1,700 comments as of Wednesday morning.

Blue dots indicate permit holders who "have purchased a firearm or updated the information on a permit in the past five years."

"So should we start wearing yellow Stars of David so the general public can be aware of who we are??" one commenter wrote.

"This is crazy!" wrote another.

Absolutely right. I was a member for decades until they changed their focus from gun safety to political activity to help gun manufacturers. That's when I quit sending in my money.
Funny. I was a member off and on for several years until the Democrats made a serious move to infringe on gun rights in 2013. Then I signed up until 2021.

The NRA became more political in defense against Democratic overreach. It's one thing to enact "common sense" gun laws, but it's another to use those supposedly "common sense" gun laws as a springboard to deprive honest, law abiding citizens of their right to self-defense. Obama's anti-bill presumed every gun-owner as guilty until proven innocent.

Remember this? That's why people are leery of any Democratic plan to "register guns".

Newspaper sparks outrage for publishing names, addresses of gun permit holders - CNN.com
An interactive map showing the names and addresses of all handgun permit holders in New York's Westchester and Rockland counties has infuriated many readers since it was posted Saturday on a newspaper's website.

The map, published by The Journal News, allows readers to zoom in on red dots that indicate which residents are licensed to own pistols or revolvers. It had prompted more than 1,700 comments as of Wednesday morning.

Blue dots indicate permit holders who "have purchased a firearm or updated the information on a permit in the past five years."

"So should we start wearing yellow Stars of David so the general public can be aware of who we are??" one commenter wrote.

So a nespaper did something dumb. You think non gun extremists had a meeting and assigned that paper to represent them? I remember lots of newspaper reports on death panels, Obama being a Muslim, and the census being a way to identify and assign people to FEMA prisons. Those were pretty dumb too.

So a nespaper did something dumb. You think non gun extremists had a meeting and assigned that paper to represent them? I remember lots of newspaper reports on death panels, Obama being a Muslim, and the census being a way to identify and assign people to FEMA prisons. Those were pretty dumb too.
Yep, dumb, but now you should have a better understanding of why those who support rights of self defense don't want anti-rights people to have their names and addresses.

The only reason they want to register guns is so that when they have the power to do it, they can ban guns and know who hs them before they do......that is the only reason.....

And it is insane because only normal, law abiding people would be required and punished by law with gun registration...since in Haynes v. United States, it was stated that actual felons...with illegal guns...do not have to register those guns on the grounds that that would violate their 5th Amendment protection against self incrimination.....

Yep, dumb, but now you should have a better understanding of why those who support rights of self defense don't want anti-rights people to have their names and addresses.

I'm not aware of any anti-rights people unless you are talking about homophobes, but that would be off subject.

According to islam obama is a muslim...his father was a muslim and according to islam that means he is a muslim.....

And the newspaper actually did post the names....it wasn't theory, it actually happened...

The only reason they want to register guns is so that when they have the power to do it, they can ban guns and know who hs them before they do......that is the only reason.....

And it is insane because only normal, law abiding people would be required and punished by law with gun registration...since in Haynes v. United States, it was stated that actual felons...with illegal guns...do not have to register those guns on the grounds that that would violate their 5th Amendment protection against self incrimination.....

Still spouting the same hysterical crap you always spout.

According to islam obama is a muslim...his father was a muslim and according to islam that means he is a muslim.....

And the newspaper actually did post the names....it wasn't theory, it actually happened...

Don't care.

How is the truth hysterical crap? I can see you have no actual reply to the truth......tell me how Haynes v. United States is not what I have posted......

I'm not aware of any anti-rights people unless you are talking about homophobes, but that would be off subject.
Go look in a mirror. You're in favor of restricting, if not denying, Americans their rights of self-defense, rights of privacy and any other rights that get in the way of the Democratic agenda.

How is the truth hysterical crap? I can see you have no actual reply to the truth......tell me how Haynes v. United States is not what I have posted......

I've learned that I can't tell you anything. Your mind is closed. Enjoy your alternative reality.

I've learned that I can't tell you anything. Your mind is closed. Enjoy your alternative reality.

You can't actually dispute anything I have posted...since I have linked to the facts and the data......so now you pout, stomp your feet and leave......typical left winger.....I guess I am lucky this is in the CDZ.....otherwise I would have been called racist and all the other names you guys use when you can't actually refute the facts...

my high school provided an obligatory course in Typing and Driving (cars) -----
use of guns ------would be consistent

My middle school (public) had the last class of the day be one each kid could choose. Swimming, track, even chess. I picked the firearms safety class. The class was taught by our geometry teacher, a passionate hunter and enthusiast.

How times have changed.

Go look in a mirror. You're in favor of restricting, if not denying, Americans their rights of self-defense, rights of privacy and any other rights that get in the way of the Democratic agenda.

Yes I'm all in favor of denying Goober the right to accidentally kill me or my loved ones because he needs a gun to make him feel like a man, and he doesn't have the sense to know when to not use it. Are you comfortable watching your kid play on the slide at McDonald's when an idiot has an ar15 laying on the table pointed at the playground?

Yes I'm all in favor of denying Goober the right to accidentally kill me or my loved ones because he needs a gun to make him feel like a man, and he doesn't have the sense to know when to not use it. Are you comfortable watching your kid play on the slide at McDonald's when an idiot has an ar15 laying on the table pointed at the playground?
Thanks for making my point about people like you.

Have a good day, sir.

And yet....you don't know what you are talking about....more Americans now own and carry guns...15 million Americans carry guns for self defense....and from the 1990s to 2016...the gun murder rate went down 49%...showing you are wrong...the violent crime rate went down 75%...showing you are wrong...the accidental death rate from guns went down, showing you are wrong......

Nothing you say about American gun ownership is based in truth, facts or reality.....

And also...those people carrying guns...are more law abiding than other citizens and even sworn police officers....research, actual research shows this to be true....

Forum List

Back