Should Gabrielle Giffords Resign?

Not a PC question but i understand why some would ask it. If she can't do the job with any kind of real mental competence,her resignation should be considered. So that has to be determined first before i can recommend her resignation. So far i'm not hearing anything on that so i just don't know. If she is mentally competent,i see no reason for her to resign though. This stuff is probably TBD.

and yet, no one is asking bachmann to reseign. She has not done her job for at least 4 years now. Interesting.:eusa_whistle:

Asshole.

The tragedy that brough about her current situation truly sucks. But let's look at reality. She isn't in a position to represent her district currently. The people of her district aren't getting a say at all in the House. Should she resign to allow her district a chance to be represented?

Isn't this sort of what the right wanted all along?

Considering I havent heard a single person on the right call for it, my guess would be no.

It's not like the Republicans are hurt politically because Ms Giffords is holding the seat. She isn't voting for or against anything. It's a Democrat district so I doubt it would end up going to the GOP if she were replaced.

It seems like the people who are hurt by it are the Democrats and the people themselves who no longer have representation.

Not a PC question but i understand why some would ask it. If she can't do the job with any kind of real mental competence,her resignation should be considered. So that has to be determined first before i can recommend her resignation. So far i'm not hearing anything on that so i just don't know. If she is mentally competent,i see no reason for her to resign though. This stuff is probably TBD.

and yet, no one is asking bachmann to reseign. She has not done her job for at least 4 years now. Interesting.:eusa_whistle:

You don't usually ask for people who are competant and who have been doing their job spectacularly well to resign.

But i think you knew that.

The tragedy that brough about her current situation truly sucks. But let's look at reality. She isn't in a position to represent her district currently. The people of her district aren't getting a say at all in the House. Should she resign to allow her district a chance to be represented?

Isn't this sort of what the right wanted all along?

Considering I havent heard a single person on the right call for it, my guess would be no.

It's not like the Republicans are hurt politically because Ms Giffords is holding the seat. She isn't voting for or against anything. It's a Democrat district so I doubt it would end up going to the GOP if she were replaced.

It seems like the people who are hurt by it are the Democrats and the people themselves who no longer have representation.

You must remember all these assholes on the left blaming the shooting on the people on the right? Do you think they've changed their asshole minds? I don't.

Should Michelle Bachmann resign? Seriously, they have been in their perspective offices as much. One was shot in the face and one is a media whore "running" for the presidency knowing full damn well she cant win because of her crazy past.

Who is more honorable?

Then big 0 should not have run and resigned as well. B/c he had no chance and as little time in as Bachmann.

Didnt he win or something? My point is, if there is no one asking for her to resign, why would this question even come about...

Oh and how many days has Bachmann spent in office doing her damn job since 2008? Seriously?

Ever hear of a conversation starter? damn, do you lack these basic social skills in real life? :lol:

How many times has she voted "present'?

Yes/No is doing your job. "Present" is being a punk with no desire to serve his people.

So despite the fact that she can't currently cast any votes for her constituents, it looks like a majority seem to think she should hold her job.

I'm surprised. She represents a Democrat district. I would have thought the Dems would want a candidate who could actually support their issues.

Of course, there is a possibility that a Republican could pick up a seat. I suppose if you want to avoid risking a loss there, youd want her to keep her seat. But I dont really see how her holding the seat moves your agenda either way.

Personally, I think the people should have the opportunity to be represented. No matter what party represents them. It's not an issue of Republican/Democrat it's an issue of people being represented. And she can't do that right now.

I do not recall, but did they make Brady resign when he was shot in the head during the assassination attempt on Reagan?

So despite the fact that she can't currently cast any votes for her constituents, it looks like a majority seem to think she should hold her job.

I'm surprised. She represents a Democrat district. I would have thought the Dems would want a candidate who could actually support their issues.

Of course, there is a possibility that a Republican could pick up a seat. I suppose if you want to avoid risking a loss there, youd want her to keep her seat. But I dont really see how her holding the seat moves your agenda either way.

Personally, I think the people should have the opportunity to be represented. No matter what party represents them. It's not an issue of Republican/Democrat it's an issue of people being represented. And she can't do that right now.

I do not recall, but did they make Brady resign when he was shot in the head during the assassination attempt on Reagan?

which congressional district did Brady serve?

You must remember all these assholes on the left blaming the shooting on the people on the right? Do you think they've changed their asshole minds? I don't.

No. I don't think those who are dishonest have changed their minds.

It's ironic but it doesn't hurt the Republicans here. it hurts the Democrats for her to retain the seat since they have a member not voting.

As long as she's capable of doing her job and wants to continue, why should she resign?

That is the point. She is not capable.

If that's the case, then republicans should have her declared incompetent. Until then, she was wounded serving her constituents and deserves as much time as is needed to recover

Why would the GOP do that?

It would seem smarter for the DNC to do so, so they probably have one more vote going thier way.

bad analogy;

They are shooting themselves in the foot by not getting someone in her seat.

No idea. I was 2 at the time.

Also, they propped up these old senators like Strom and Byrd just for their votes. They keep supreme court justices until they're ancient. Gabby can stay until she decides she can't do it. Sane people in AZ need her..

Brady was unable to continue as Ronald Reagan's press secretary, but he retained that title for the duration of Reagan's presidency, with Larry Speakes and Marlin Fitzwater performing the job on an "acting" or "deputy" basis.

James Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a yes and no.

Yes he got to keep the title, no he had no input.

Last edited:

Brady was unable to continue as Ronald Reagan's press secretary, but he retained that title for the duration of Reagan's presidency, with Larry Speakes and Marlin Fitzwater performing the job on an "acting" or "deputy" basis.

James Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a yes and no.

Yes he got to keep the title, no he had no input.

Was it the right that forced this to occur? How long after the shooting before they "replaced" Brady?

Forum List

Back