Should Muller's investigation include Trump's financial history?

Sean Spicer...the first rat off the ship.

Now Trump has his lawyers trying to figure out how to stop Mueller's investigation...and if Trump's power to pardon will allow him to pardon himself!

More obstruction of justice AND abuse of power!

Things are not looking good in Trumpville!

I'm including on this thread the letter that appointed Muller as special counsel and the scope of Mueller directives stated in that letter.....mindful that Rosenstein IS a Trump appointee.....

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3726381/Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.pdf

Not according to the authority given to him by the letter. The investigation is into any campaign activities related to coordination with the Russians, anything outside the campaign is beyond the scope of his authority.

Thats completely untrue. Read the entire scope of Mueller authority. He is able to investigate anything that comes along.

I did, this is the authority given him:

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

and (ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation;

and (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a) allows for prosecution of very specific matters related to the investigation. Primarily attempts to deceive or obstruct the investigators. Other than that there is no underlying crime, unless a conspiracy to enable Russia's cyber campaign against the DNC can be demonstrated. To my knowledge no one in authority has alleged that happened, in fact they've said the opposite.

§ 600.4 Jurisdiction.
(a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

So the investigation is limited to the campaign and people associated with it in connection with coordination with the Russian government.

Let me add just another tidbit that points out WHY Trump should NOT have pissed off Sessions (who is not resigning.)

In Rosestein's letter, he cites 28 CFR 600.4 ......(how do you think Sessions or Rosenstein would react to Mueller's request?)

(b)Additional jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel concludes that additional jurisdiction beyond that specified in his or her original jurisdiction is necessary in order to fully investigate and resolve the matters assigned, or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General, who will determine whether to include the additional matters within the Special Counsel's jurisdiction or assign them elsewhere.

I've got a better question. Why hasn't there been a special investigation into the Clinton Foundation Money Laundering Scheme which has never had a single audit and has been protected by the very agencies / people who should have called for an investigation! What I see is a diversion being led by the very people who have a history of protecting criminals while accusing the innocent!

It isn't as if there isn't a money trail to follow. The last known words from Seth Rich was .....follow the money! Considering that Haiti publicly outed Clinton Foundation as robbing the poorest of their poor of over 1 billion dollars in money donations allocated to them, I'd say it is high time we get to the bottom of this. Why are we allowing these people to falsely accuse the very man who is capable of exposing the real corruption and putting them all on trial!
What does the Clinton foundation have to do with Trump? Hopefully the trump foundation will also be investigated.
Everything. The wrong person is being investigated. It should be Hillary Clinton and her husband. This is nothing more than a diversion to keep the spotlight off the real criminals. The same ones that President Trump said he would go after once elected. The American people are not stupid. We see what is going on here.
How the Clinton Foundation Got Rich off Poor Haitians
"Clinton Foundation Is Charity Fraud Of Epic Proportions", Analyst Charges In Stunning Takedown | Zero Hedge
So what hasn't Trump gone after the Clintons ? He has had 6 months to do something, anything. Is it possible that he is lying to you once again?
Have you read the latest news?
EXCLUSIVE: Convicted Clinton Indonesian Financier Returns To The US
So what?
It is just one more piece of evidence as to what the Clinton foundation is all about. Interesting that Mueller never wanted to investigate the Clinton's, isn't it? Yet he has time to investigate our President with zero evidence or reason to do so. Very interesting considering that President Trump said that he would go after Hillary Clinton and now Mueller and Clinton's lawyers make a blatant attempt to go after him before he can do it. There is a reason President Trump won the election against all odds. He's known for winning. As for Hillary? Not so much.......

Once Mueller gets his hands on Trump's financial records...Trump is T-O-A-S-T!!!!!!
I notice you made no mention of this investigation being about "Russia." Without any evidence of collusion? There is no investigation. The only thing Mueller is going to get his hands on is a piece of paper that reads "You're fired."

I'm including on this thread the letter that appointed Muller as special counsel and the scope of Mueller directives stated in that letter.....mindful that Rosenstein IS a Trump appointee.....

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3726381/Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.pdf

Not according to the authority given to him by the letter. The investigation is into any campaign activities related to coordination with the Russians, anything outside the campaign is beyond the scope of his authority.

Thats completely untrue. Read the entire scope of Mueller authority. He is able to investigate anything that comes along.

I did, this is the authority given him:

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

and (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a) allows for prosecution of very specific matters related to the investigation. Primarily attempts to deceive or obstruct the investigators. Other than that there is no underlying crime, unless a conspiracy to enable Russia's cyber campaign against the DNC can be demonstrated. To my knowledge no one in authority has alleged that happened, in fact they've said the opposite.

§ 600.4 Jurisdiction.
(a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

So the investigation is limited to the campaign and people associated with it in connection with coordination with the Russian government.

See post 154.

What does the Clinton foundation have to do with Trump? Hopefully the trump foundation will also be investigated.
Everything. The wrong person is being investigated. It should be Hillary Clinton and her husband. This is nothing more than a diversion to keep the spotlight off the real criminals. The same ones that President Trump said he would go after once elected. The American people are not stupid. We see what is going on here.
How the Clinton Foundation Got Rich off Poor Haitians
"Clinton Foundation Is Charity Fraud Of Epic Proportions", Analyst Charges In Stunning Takedown | Zero Hedge
So what hasn't Trump gone after the Clintons ? He has had 6 months to do something, anything. Is it possible that he is lying to you once again?
Have you read the latest news?
EXCLUSIVE: Convicted Clinton Indonesian Financier Returns To The US
So what?
It is just one more piece of evidence as to what the Clinton foundation is all about. Interesting that Mueller never wanted to investigate the Clinton's, isn't it? Yet he has time to investigate our President with zero evidence or reason to do so. Very interesting considering that President Trump said that he would go after Hillary Clinton and now Mueller and Clinton's lawyers make a blatant attempt to go after him before he can do it. There is a reason President Trump won the election against all odds. He's known for winning. As for Hillary? Not so much.......
Trump told us months ago that Clinton would not be investigated. Whine all you want.

Once Mueller gets his hands on Trump's financial records...Trump is T-O-A-S-T!!!!!!
I notice you made no mention of this investigation being about "Russia." Without any evidence of collusion? There is no investigation. The only thing Mueller is going to get his hands on is a piece of paper that reads "You're fired."

Any investigation about Trump's ties to Russia should include investigating his financial records - that's obvious.

It's obvious that Mueller hasn't found anything in his Russian investigation. That's why he wants to go outside that investigation into financials long before Trump ever ran for office. If he finds nothing there, he'll go back further, or further even after that.

Who knows, maybe they'll find out about a haircut Trump gave a classmate in high school. They did it with Romney.

It's obvious that Mueller hasn't found anything in his Russian investigation. That's why he wants to go outside that investigation into financials long before Trump ever ran for office. If he finds nothing there, he'll go back further, or further even after that.

Who knows, maybe they'll find out about a haircut Trump gave a classmate in high school. They did it with Romney.

If you think that investigators file charges the second they find cause, you have no idea how investigations work.

Mueller may have already found cause to indict Trump, but he's going to continue to investigate until he feels that his investigation is complete.

That maximizes the possible charges and usually exposes supporting evidence of the charges.

Can you say:

T R U M P I S T O A S T ! ! !

Easy said:
Mueller was not originally tasked to find evidence of any wrong-doing during the course of his life.

Absolutely partisan and wrong.
So you think Mueller should be allowed to expand his investigation to find criminal activity as far back as he wants? I disagree.

I see no problem, though, with looking at finances that had anything to do with Russian transactions, though.
The White Water witch hunts led to sex between two consenting Adults!!!! Why are conservatives bitching and crying now.......bunch of PUSSIES.

Easy said:
Mueller was not originally tasked to find evidence of any wrong-doing during the course of his life.

Absolutely partisan and wrong.
So you think Mueller should be allowed to expand his investigation to find criminal activity as far back as he wants? I disagree. I see no problem, though, with looking at finances that had anything to do with Russian transactions, though.
Then we agree. Any events or happenings to do with Russia is fair game. Anything that arises from that investigation that goes elsewhere is fair game.

The special counsel law requires Mueller to follow up on any crime he finds in the course of the investigation.

Then we agree. Any events or happenings to do with Russia is fair game. Anything that arises from that investigation that goes elsewhere is fair game.

Russia is about money. The number one way the russians get secrets or influence is by cash, the second is blackmail.

Nope. That is a gross expansion of his original order, and leads me to believe he truly has nothing so is now willing to break laws himself in an effort to find something. Now we are entering into coup territory and that bodes ill for this Republic.
That is a deflection.

If the remit is for Russian connections, then finances are part of the remit. Any connections revealed by the original remit becomes fruit of the lawful search.

Once the tax returns are revealed as they will be, the hammer falls on Trump.

Forum List

Back