Should Obama be included on Mt. Rushmore?

Not for nothing, Ravi...but when your Presidential motto is "Leading from behind!" you're really not deserving of memorials to your greatness! I would say that Obama will be judged by history to be someone who was overwhelmed by the position that he held and totally unprepared by life experience to deal with that.
Well, of course you would say that. Not one of you can disprove the accomplishments in the op.

With all due respect, Ravi...if Barry is such a wonderful President...why is it that Democrats don't want to be seen on the same stage as him as they are running for office? The truth is...he's overseen the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression and his Administration is beset with scandal after scandal. Hardly the type of performance you reward with a spot on Mount Rushmore!

To be honest, he's got two years left to try and salvage some sort of legacy and it's not looking good. When you've got Jimmy Carter coming out of political hibernation to tell you what you're doing wrong...it's NOT a good sign!
Sadly, democratic politicians are stupid. Instead of pointing to the great jobs listed in the OP, they run scared from Republican talking points.

They aren't running from Republicans, they are running from Obama. Maybe he merits an action figure, but not a place on Mt. Rushmore.

Those Democratic politicians who are trying to distance themselves from the President are unworthy of his support. Ravi calls it stupidity. I call it cowardice.

Of course, I realize the place on Mt. Rushmore is only rhetorical. Despite my support for the president, I don't think President Obama merits a place there either. His place in history is still being written. I think he will go down as a President who was handed a huge mess, obstructed at every turn, and then criticized for not fixing everything quickly enough.

He's one of the best presidents we've had in decades.

Under his leadership we've recovered from the worst recession of all time and he avoided a depression despite a worldwide financial meltdown. In that, he is right up there with FDR, who got us out of the depression.

Under his leadership the terrorist that was responsible for the worst terrorist attack on the US was brought to justice.

His calm leadership on the recent Ebola crisis was a refreshing breath of fresh air compared to hysterical calls from the right to take excessive and authoritarian control of the country.

There are more accomplishments and examples of leadership but these things alone make him eligible to take a place of honor in American history.
Wow....Just wow..
You Obama sycophants are going down swinging.
Gee, how are you people going to occupy yourselves once Obama becomes a political footnote?

Under his leadership we've recovered from the worst recession of all time and he avoided a depression despite a worldwide financial meltdown. In that, he is right up there with FDR, who got us out of the depression.

Under his leadership the terrorist that was responsible for the worst terrorist attack on the US was brought to justice.

His calm leadership on the recent Ebola crisis was a refreshing breath of fresh air compared to hysterical calls from the right to take excessive and authoritarian control of the country.

There are more accomplishments and examples of leadership but these things alone make him eligible to take a place of honor in American history.

You're kidding....right? In answer to your question though, the answer is not just no, but HELL NO!

mt. rushmore should be left alone. Not obama... not bush..not harry reid.....not jesus...just leave the damned sculpture alone.
this thread is just trolling.
A shit thread by a shit poster.
I used to think Ravi had credibility. Until this POS thread. Ravi is just another Obama worshiper

Wow....Just wow..
You Obama sycophants are going down swinging.
Gee, how are you people going to occupy yourselves once Obama becomes a political footnote?

He could have been one of the great presidents...the first black president...the history books were ready to crown him, but you're right. He will be nothing but a footnote.

No! Mount Rushmore was completed long ago. If you want to do something for your idol, put a statue of him in your yard or maybe Chicago will erect a monument for him.

He already has another mountain named after him.

screen_4f44f45dddbae.gif

mt. rushmore should be left alone. Not obama... not bush..not harry reid.....not jesus...just leave the damned sculpture alone.
this thread is just trolling.
A shit thread by a shit poster.
I used to think Ravi had credibility. Until this POS thread. Ravi is just another Obama worshiper

It's standard operating procedure...I've dealt with it/her in another forum..Same thing

He already has a shrine there, It's the public restroom. Slap his name on every toilet and let the people piss on him as needed.

Weak thread for a weak president.

obama has had things in his favor and the economy is limping along, still. Bush had a hostile Congress, Katrina, 9/11, bank collapse, housing market crisis, etc. And I never heard him snivel about the other guy or blame others.

Huh? Bush inherited peace and prosperity, a budget surplus, had a Republican congress 6 of his 8 years, and a Repug majority on the USSC in his back pocket. Most of the bad things that occurred during his watch were due to his own incompetence. You don't hear him snivel about the other guy, because he couldn't. The blame was clearly his.
Republicans sniveled on his behalf.

Lucky for us Obama has done a decent job of cleaning up Bush's disasters.

What "disaster" has Obama "cleaned up", Ravi? He's run up trillions in debt while overseeing the worst recovery from a recession since FDR. We've got ISIS cutting the heads off Americans while they take over a huge part of the Middle East. Russia is invading it's neighbors. Iran is even closer to making their first nuke. We've got Ebola in the US for the first time. Am I missing what Barry's cleaned up?

1) US economy. Gone from losing 750K jobs a month at end of Bush regime to where we are slowly gaining jobs. Stock market trending up.
2) Iraq quagmire. If McCain had won in 2008, it would probably still be a hot war today. ISIS? There wouldn't be a fuckin ISIS if Bush hadn't invaded Iraq in the first place.
3) Osama Bin Laden dead after being ignored by Bush.

"Slowly" gaining jobs is the operative word, Borillar! The economy and unemployment typically bounce back following a recession. The one that Barry inherited ended five YEARS ago and both economic growth and job creation is best described as "tepid" under this President despite trillions being spent to stimulate both. The stock market recovery is the result of non-stop Quantitative Easing by the Fed...something that has made the money in your and my pockets worth less and less.

Blaming Barack Obama's complete failure to grasp the danger of ISIS on W. is laughable. That total lapse was just the latest example of a President who's generally asleep at the switch when it comes to foreign policy.

Bin Laden is dead. Of course he's probably dead because of intel we obtained using the information water boarding which led us to his whereabouts. Bush didn't "ignore" Osama...he simply pointed out that the struggle against Islamic terror wouldn't be won or lost by the killing of one man no matter who he was. Barry didn't quite grasp that concept. After the Seals killed OBL, Obama did his touchdown dance and declared the terrorists on the run. So tell me who had a better understanding of the situation...W...or Barry?

Those Democratic politicians who are trying to distance themselves from the President are unworthy of his support. Ravi calls it stupidity. I call it cowardice.

Of course, I realize the place on Mt. Rushmore is only rhetorical. Despite my support for the president, I don't think President Obama merits a place there either. His place in history is still being written. I think he will go down as a President who was handed a huge mess, obstructed at every turn, and then criticized for not fixing everything quickly enough.

Even if that were true, the criticism would be just. He promised to fix things and didn't. And to hear Leftists whine about how he was "obstructed at every turn" when he had Congress for his first term is hilarious. Why can't you accept that your little boy president didn't fill the man sized pants like you thought he would?

Open another Mount for them...Holder, Obola and Biden...

Rushmore is closed.

1) US economy. Gone from losing 750K jobs a month at end of Bush regime to where we are slowly gaining jobs. Stock market trending up.

An intellectually honest person would wonder how well the stock market would do if it weren't artificially inflated by billions of dollars printed by the Fed.

There should be an award for most moronic thread of the month.
Much like Moonglow wins loser of the month every month, Ravi would easily win this one.

Forum List

Back