Should people who self identify as having a mental condition associated with high rates of suicide be denied firearms purchases?

If a mental illness professional diagnoses someone as such, then I think it would be prudent to deny that person a firearm purchase. That person should have the right to appeal the denial and get a 2nd opinion.

Question 21h on federal form 4473 currently reads:

Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

It could be expanded to include a medical diagnosis of a dangerous psychiatric condition that is often violent, such as schizophrenia or sociopathy, or a mental disorder that often results in suicide, such as gender dysphoria, clinical depression, or bipolar disorder.

Widely reported where?

First you'd have to produce evidence that it's true, not the other way around.
Why would I have to do that?

Keep in mind that my posts are primarily directed at people who keep up with the news. I believe that by now, even people who exclusively get their news from CNN know about it.

Why would I have to do that?

Keep in mind that my posts are primarily directed at people who keep up with the news. I believe that by now, even people who exclusively get their news from CNN know about it.
"an uptick in gender dysphoriacs using mass shootings as their means to commit suicide by cop.?" Sounds like you made this up.

put it in search engine and guess what? NADA

even accounting for your seriously poor use of English.

"an uptick in gender dysphoriacs using mass shootings as their means to commit suicide by cop.?" Sounds like you made this up.

put it in search engine and guess what? NADA
You have to keep up with the news while it is still news, if you want to recognize such trends. After the fact, the search engines are tweaked to keep you from putting two and two together.

You have to keep up with the news while it is still news, if you want to recognize such trends. After the fact, the search engines are tweaked to keep you from putting two and two together.
GO AWAY WITH LIES. STAY IF YOU CAN DISCUSS RATIONALLY AND HONESTLY.

check

It's my thread, my dude.

But thanks for playing.
Why did you just reply?

And it's not YOUR thread. You are the OP, but that means as much as your opinions do/don't.

go away = no reply needed, if you you choose as you have evidently done so, to refuse to DISCUSS RATIONALLY AND HONESTLY.

Why did you just reply?
Felt like it.
And it's not YOUR thread. You are the OP, but that means as much as your opinions do/don't.
I'm the OP, so it would be silly for me to abandon my thread because a rando told me to.
go away = no reply needed, if you you choose as you have evidently done so, to refuse to DISCUSS RATIONALLY AND HONESTLY.
I, and I alone, decide when a reply is needed.

Felt like it.

I'm the OP, so it would be silly for me to abandon my thread because a rando told me to.

I, and I alone, decide when a reply is needed.
you're wrong. You have no control. You're not a school high monitor anymore.

I didn't tell you what to do. I offered you a choice.

If you have legally purchased a firearm in the recent past you have to be aware that a box on the registration form askes if you are currently undergoing psychiatric counseling. What does that mean?

I have complete control over whether I reply or not.

You can't seem to control yourself and stop replying.

I don't need you to offer me a choice, I have all the choice I need.
please. I'm not baiting you. You seem to have become obsessed with replying, having to have the last word.

If a mental illness professional diagnoses someone as such, then I think it would be prudent to deny that person a firearm purchase. That person should have the right to appeal the denial and get a 2nd opinion.

With legal counsel provided by the state for free

Forum List

Back