🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should people without kids pay more in Taxes?

Do you consider it a benefit to society for married couples to have children?

Is this a trick question?

Guess it depends on whether or not you want the society to continue or not.

You planning on living forever?

As to whether there is societal benefit for the couples raising children to be married, I think that there is a benefit.

Is there another follow up trick question?

Childless people in particular will depend on future taxpayers to support them in their dotage. Why do you want people who shirk the most basic responsibility of our species to get a free ride?

But then the young will say "hey I'm not old so why should I pay for that old fuck" then someone will remind them they live in a community...:mad:

That's a slogan, not an argument. How does living next to someone obligate me to pay their bills?

It doesnt being part of a community does tho

Where? Dumbledoor?

Some examples already given, Sherlock

No it wasnt despite you and someone else keep saying "there are places" but those places dont seem to have a name. Instead of typing "its been done already" can you use the same number of keystrokes to name the places that have this awesome flat tax?

I guess Diamond got too busy all of a sudden and he became so busy that his examples disappeared with him.

Do you consider it a benefit to society for married couples to have children?

That isn't a yes or no question. It all depends on the circumstances of each child.

Regardless, even if the answer was yes it's not a valid reason to unfairly tax those who choose not to have them.

But then the young will say "hey I'm not old so why should I pay for that old fuck" then someone will remind them they live in a community...:mad:

That's a slogan, not an argument. How does living next to someone obligate me to pay their bills?

We aren't a nation of communal people. We are a society of individuals with individual liberties. If you want communal living go live in Cuba.

How is it materially different when a corporation deducts operating costs from revenue to determine taxable income than when an individual gets a standard exemption to cover the cost of a dependent?

I'll tell you how, the corporation gets to deduct ALL of the costs while the deduction the individual gets barely covers diapers"

Yes. If a flat tax is the answer then zero corporate tax breaks. Stick it to em just like we get it stuck to us.

We aren't a nation of communal people. We are a society of individuals with individual liberties. If you want communal living go live in Cuba.

Damn I don't know what country you grew up in but it wasn't the same one I grew up in. I grew up in a community. All that sharing of times good and bad. All those people interested in your well being. Looking out for each other, helping each other out. It was a blast.

Bet you live on an island. Right?

Damn I don't know what country you grew up in but it wasn't the same one I grew up in. I grew up in a community. All that sharing of times good and bad. All those people interested in your well being. Looking out for each other, helping each other out. It was a blast.

Thats typical for many trailer parks. Everyone is pretty well in the same economic strata, and they live close together. Sometimes, too close.

Wrong.

The mere fact that you managed to get born and live in the same general vicinity as me entitles you to absolutely nothing from me.

So when did you pay your neighbor's bills?

Regardless, even if the answer was yes it's not a valid reason to unfairly tax those who choose not to have them.

If the answer is yes, your "fair" ceases to be an entirely legitimate argument.

You're the one favoring certain people over others. Proof yet again how conservatives don't believe in equality or limited government.

And how does that negate anything I said?

Maybe, instead of just complaining about parents.. you should maybe complain about those who have no career gumption and pay nothing in income tax on their earnings of a lower level... maybe you should complain about those who deduct medical expenses or COLLEGE expenses

Flat tax.. no deductions.. no exceptions.. no ceiling.. no floor.. no exemption... for every single dollar earned by every citizen
THERE is your solution

You know why that doesnt work? Because it has never worked anywhere ever.

Where has this been attempted? Facts only...
Have at it.....

This was the bullshit question on Fox News this morning. The "me me me" crowd was making the point that single people shouldnt have to pay "more" in taxes than people without kids. Because people with kids receive more tax breaks than those without Fox News says that that isnt fair. They say that single people are treated unfairly because they contribute to the success of the next generation. THE HORROR!

I say its bullshit. If we live in a society we all pitch in to things that we dont get to use or benefit from personally and or directly. Stop being a stingy callous fuck

Some of us consider that aspect of our society to be an errant one.

Why -should- anybody be forced to pitch in on something to which they have no access?

Thats how a society / community works. I might not ever use your playground but to whine about it when we all benefit in some way is some only child shit.

Most highway funds come from taxes at the gas pump. Most of us agree that this is as it should be: people who aren't driving on the roads and creating a need for maintenance shouldn't have to pay for those roads to be maintained, right?

So if I don't have anything to do with your kids, and I certainly didn't tell you to have kids, why is it my responsibility to pay extra so that you can have the cost of raising children -you- chose to have subsidized?

Why is it anybody's responsibility to pay for someone else's shit?

You can call me stingy and callous all-the-fuck you want. I have the right to be both, and I display the fact that I'm callous proudly.

In stead of me stopping these things, why don't you stop being a power-hungry douchebag and quit trying to force your morals on everybody else's pocketbooks?

Shit, you can call me stingy all you want, I'd rather be cheap than the kinda spineless stick-up kid who has to have Uncle Sam hold the gun for him.

Ever question the answer is society. You are free to leave it or continue to complain about the reality but that doesnt get you anywhere.

The problem is that there is a groundswell of support for the idea of a more fair system of taxation. One such idea is to institute more user fees.
In fact it's already being done....
For example, over in a neighboring county, all public school athletics program participants must pay a participation fee for each sport in which they take part.
I see nothing wrong with that. The logic is, if your kid wants to play a sport, the taxpayers should not subsidize that as well as the academic side.

Thats how a society / community works. I might not ever use your playground but to whine about it when we all benefit in some way is some only child shit.

Ever question the answer is society. You are free to leave it or continue to complain about the reality but that doesnt get you anywhere.

That's all you got? That's how it should be because that's how it is and if you don't like it then fuck you, only child!

What a deep thinker you are.

What do you want me to do. Answer every question you asked with an explanation of what it means to live in a society? To be part of a community? Thats a waste of time because if you dont understand that simple reality then you'll forever be confused.

You can scream at the local dog park, playground, subway station, earned income credit, housing tax credit etc individually if you want. No problem. That doesnt mean I have to play this game with you where you act all confused.

Its society dude. Dont like it....Find a cave, live off the land and hopefully no one will bother you. I have no problem with people that do or go off the grid, but complainers...pbbbt :eusa_hand:

Just because your morality says that we owe society whatever it is that you feel we owe society, doesn't mean that the fact that we live in a society justifies you forcing that morality on everyone else.

You can explain your opinions on "what it means to be part of a community" all you want, your opinions don't dictate reality. They're just your opinions, and no amount of condescension makes them factual.

How is it materially different when a corporation deducts operating costs from revenue to determine taxable income than when an individual gets a standard exemption to cover the cost of a dependent?

I'll tell you how, the corporation gets to deduct ALL of the costs while the deduction the individual gets barely covers diapers.

And some of you ***** even want to take that away. :lol:

The difference is that operating costs are part of the necessary output for that company to make their money.

Individuals get similar deductions. Fuel costs for transportation related to your job (though not to and from work. That's personal transportation based on where you choose to live, after all), the cost of uniforms, the cost of equipment purchased specifically for your livelihood.

Your child isn't a cost of operation. It's one of the elective, personal items that you choose to spend money on (to you dogmatic humanists, sorry to refer to a child as an item, I'm not trying to insult humanity, just making the point that the child is a choice and not necessary for the operation of a job or business).

Also, personally, I wasn't talking about the individual deduction that you acquire from your dependent when you claim one. Each person is entitled to that same deduction, so theoretically whoever made the money required for someone's basic upkeep is entitled to their tax exemption.

What I have a problem with, in principle, are child tax credits and the HOLY SHIT inflation of the EIC credit per child. Just because you didn't pull out before you had 3 kids doesn't mean the tax payers owe you 5 grand every year.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back