Should politicians be compelled to disclose if they hold cryptocurrency?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Ever since the Clinton Foundation received the odd amount of $145MM for selling 20% of our uranium to Putin, I’ve wondered if the Clintons - and 90% of all politicians in both Parties have cryptocurrencies mostly Bitcoin accounts

Should Congress be compelled to disclose:

1. If they hold a cryptocurrency account, and
2. All funding thereof?

I say the $145MM was an odd number but made sense only because I suspect the Clintons received a Bitcoin wallet with $5MM

As all crypto is by definition decentralised , the blockchain disguises all transaction traces .

So why disclose dealings that can never be traced unless the other party chooses to denounce you ?

And I am assuming they would have no proof or insufficient evidence for disproof in a court of law .
imho.

I don't think so. Such a rule would just be something else for politicians to lie about, and they have enough other opportunities already.

I don't think so. Such a rule would just be something else for politicians to lie about, and they have enough other opportunities already.

Yeah ... first we need to make them disclose normal money ... including the stuff they don't report on their taxes ...

... then bust them for tax evasion ...

Forum List

Back