should prositution be legalized?

and if so, in what form?

Personally, I think it should be legalized but only allowed in businesses that offer of it. Meaning, no hookers walking the street searching for clients, but instead have private businesses that offer the service of girls/guys in a controlled manner.

Not only does the government not have any right to tell people of age what to do with their bodies or whom to partner with, which is the biggest argument point, a safe dealing place would eliminate many of the problems with prostitutes now including STDs and other illnesses that come b/c people don't know if the girl is diseased or not or because people have sex in sleazy motels and other types of places.

It would also put a great dent in current prostitution tactics such as having girls roam poor neighborhoods b/c smart people aren't going to get with a random girl off the street when they can instead have one in a controlled environment and know that the girl is clean.

Of course if this type of business did become legal, there should be strong regulations on them such as getting girls tested, forcing use of condoms, cleaning, sheets, beds, and other furnitures, etc

We have that model you describe in your post.
Prostitues are registered and have an ID card, that states their last health check.
And if anything is wrong with their ID's the Police sends them to a doctor immediately.
Prostitution in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The State is also the Pimp as the brothels are state-run:
Health checks can be as often as twice a week. Sexworkers cannot be married and their children are barred from occupying high rank in the army or police, or marrying persons of such rank, although they can work in other areas of government service.
Official brothels in Turkey are state-run. The Turkish penal code states that it is illegal to shelter a person for prostitution.
100 Countries and Their Prostitution Policies - Prostitution - ProCon.org

I agree with everything but the bold. why punish the kid???

And why should sex workers be barred from marriage?

So, would it cost the same in Boston as it would in Santa Fe? Would the places that offer it market it like those quick oil change places? In and out in 15 minutes? Would you need a note from the wife to participate? Details, please.

and if so, in what form?

Personally, I think it should be legalized but only allowed in businesses that offer of it. Meaning, no hookers walking the street searching for clients, but instead have private businesses that offer the service of girls/guys in a controlled manner.

Not only does the government not have any right to tell people of age what to do with their bodies or whom to partner with, which is the biggest argument point, a safe dealing place would eliminate many of the problems with prostitutes now including STDs and other illnesses that come b/c people don't know if the girl is diseased or not or because people have sex in sleazy motels and other types of places.

It would also put a great dent in current prostitution tactics such as having girls roam poor neighborhoods b/c smart people aren't going to get with a random girl off the street when they can instead have one in a controlled environment and know that the girl is clean.

Of course if this type of business did become legal, there should be strong regulations on them such as getting girls tested, forcing use of condoms, cleaning, sheets, beds, and other furnitures, etc

I agree with almost everything in your OP, and would add one thing.

In the Netherlands, and maybe some other countries, there are specific "street walking zones" where prostitutes can walk the sidewalk and solicit, and there's dedicated parking spots there too.

if a city wanted to set up their own "red light district" type of thing, I think that'd be fine. The regulations about where and how their business can operate are just typical zoning issues best left to the city's determination within the confines of state law.

to play devil's advocate, a possible downside could be an increase in human trafficking. The Netherlands is the number one destination for human trafficking I think; mainly it's women from China and Hungary being forced into the sex industry.

A change, if any, in human trafficking because of legalized prostitution would depend in large part on how the industry is regulated and monitored by the state (that job would probably be under the scope of the Federal government, since human trafficking comes from outside our national borders).

and if so, in what form?

Sure, we should allow every pleasure man can think of to be legal. Gosh, ain't that the right thing to do???

In the first paragraph you mentioned, "In a controlled manner." If it is legal, make it legal period, why make it where a boss can make money off of the sexual gifts of the pprostitute. Let the immoral persons makeall the money... oh wait, since the boss is immoral too, I sujppose they should all make money, forget the controls or laws.

Lets also open up suop for cocain and heroine, etc.

Oh, and children who want to make extra money, let them be free to do that too. But make sure that they offer it with a sign out on the door, so they won't get raped!!!

We cannot forget to tax all of this. Call it the immotrality tax.

America is ready for all of that now for God is getting ready to take His hand of protection off of her anyway, if He hasn't already.

This can be: America...Hell on earth. The place where we can enjoy while we destroy!!!

If you agree with this, you are a fool.

So, you oppose government control of people's lives, unless they want to ply their trade on the street. That means you support rent control that prohibits new business startups because they way they work offends your sensibilities. Forcing prostituttes to work in brothels just transfers the profits from the prostitute to the brothel owner, and gives them control over the prostitutes who work for them.

There's nothing saying that the whores can't own the whorehouse.
What whores ? They're Sexual Relief Therapists.:lol:

They are organic semen depositories.

hello person that never met a fallacy they didn't like.....

Sure, we should allow every pleasure man can think of to be legal. Gosh, ain't that the right thing to do???

as long it doesn't violate the rights of others what power does the government have to stop it?

In the first paragraph you mentioned, "In a controlled manner." If it is legal, make it legal period, why make it where a boss can make money off of the sexual gifts of the pprostitute. Let the immoral persons makeall the money... oh wait, since the boss is immoral too, I sujppose they should all make money, forget the controls or laws.

why do you need controls or laws in this situation? if its legal the boss would be forced to pay employees fair wages and if he didn't offer that other companies would get the higher quality workers. its basic business 101 here. Also why can't people make money of things that are immoral?

Lets also open up suop for cocain and heroine, etc.

fallacy

Oh, and children who want to make extra money, let them be free to do that too. But make sure that they offer it with a sign out on the door, so they won't get raped!!!

I said of age in my post, and having kids work at these places would break all sorts of existing laws

We cannot forget to tax all of this. Call it the immotrality tax.

its generally called the sin tax and I would guess it would be applied here

America is ready for all of that now for God is getting ready to take His hand of protection off of her anyway, if He hasn't already.

what does god have to do with any of this? and there already is rampant prostiution, this would just fix some of the problems with it

This can be: America...Hell on earth. The place where we can enjoy while we destroy!!!

every nation on earth has prostitution already, its not going to change anything

nah, you just believe in freedom of people to do as they please as long as it doesn't violate others rights. the government has no power to regulate morality

Men buy sex anyways, why not legalize it? It would probably make it safer for the women. Look at the Bunny Ranch. They have bouncers, and panic buttons, along with many other girls around to look out for them.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Does the bible promote mistresses?
Does the bible say that it is better to plant your seed in the belly of a whore than to spill it on the ground?

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
and if so, in what form?

It should be decriminalized.

Did Jesus cast out the tainted lady?

Is the Christian right's opposition to prostitution based on biblical teachings or based on a religious stance outside of the bibles teachings?

Last edited:

as long it doesn't violate the rights of others what power does the government have to stop it?

why do you need controls or laws in this situation? if its legal the boss would be forced to pay employees fair wages and if he didn't offer that other companies would get the higher quality workers. its basic business 101 here. Also why can't people make money of things that are immoral?

fallacy

I said of age in my post, and having kids work at these places would break all sorts of existing laws

what does god have to do with any of this? and there already is rampant prostiution, this would just fix some of the problems with it

every nation on earth has prostitution already, its not going to change anything

nah, you just believe in freedom of people to do as they please as long as it doesn't violate others rights. the government has no power to regulate morality

Oh, that's right, What does God have to do with any of this????? How silly of me.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

It is archaic in the 21st century that this is still illegal. If a man meets a woman in a bar, and spends $100 on her on drinks and dinner, and they go home and have casual sex and never see each other again, what difference is that then just giving a woman $100 to have sex?

Trafficking in people should be illegal, which is what pimps and other assorted human trash do, but prostitution should be legalized.

fallacy

Oh, that's right, What does God have to do with any of this????? How silly of me.

LOL the whole post and that is what you pulled out. shall we just call you defeated now?

also we aren't a theocracy so our laws our not based on any religion's version of gods law

So, you oppose government control of people's lives, unless they want to ply their trade on the street. That means you support rent control that prohibits new business startups because they way they work offends your sensibilities. Forcing prostituttes to work in brothels just transfers the profits from the prostitute to the brothel owner, and gives them control over the prostitutes who work for them.

You know prostitution isn't just brothels and street walkers.

There are those who are self-employed and get their clients without advertising on the street.

I know that, though most of them work through a referral service of some type. I was just pointing out that legalizing one form of prostitution is ridiculous. It should be legal all the way across the board, as long as the participants are adults and consent.

Did Jesus cast out the tainted lady?

Is the Christian right's opposition to prostitution based on biblical teachings or based on a religious stance outside of the bibles teachings?

Religious right?

Did you know that the non religious left, the religious left, and even the non religious right all agree that prostitution is a bad thing? The left usually spouts about the exploitation of women and uses that as their reason for opposing it, but the opposition is pretty much universal across the political spectrum. Then some idiot comes along and attempts to take the moral high ground by blaming everything on someone else.

The moral high ground is not pointing fingers, it is finding solutions. If you really want to show up the religious right you should try setting an example, not blaming them.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

It is archaic in the 21st century that this is still illegal. If a man meets a woman in a bar, and spends $100 on her on drinks and dinner, and they go home and have casual sex and never see each other again, what difference is that then just giving a woman $100 to have sex?

Trafficking in people should be illegal, which is what pimps and other assorted human trash do, but prostitution should be legalized.

Excellent attitude.

fallacy

It's pretty fucking telling that instead of debating what you actually proposed he makes up stories about cocaine, heroin and child prostitution.

Forum List

Back