Should school board officials declare a party?

So your assertion is that unless I've sat in a class room or attended a school board meeting at some recent point in my life, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.......
Who knows more about flying airplanes, a pilot or some schmuck who just bitches about pilots on the internet? Who knows more about the specifics of a wholesale fish market, a fisherman or some schmuck who just bitches about frozen fish sticks? Who knows more about what goes on in an NFL locker room, a professional football player, or some schmuck who just sits on his sofa and bitches about the teams?

Who knows more about flying airplanes, a pilot or some schmuck who just bitches about pilots on the internet? Who knows more about the specifics of a wholesale fish market, a fisherman or some schmuck who just bitches about frozen fish sticks? Who knows more about what goes on in an NFL locker room, a professional football player, or some schmuck who just sits on his sofa and bitches about the teams?

You know you lost an argument when you have to put down the person making it instead of the actual points being made by said person. Now that everyone knows what field you're in, we can be sure to monitor that you don't make any comments about any other profession, since you're obviously not qualified to based on your own standards. Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

.... Now that everyone knows what field you're in, we can be sure to monitor that you don't make any comments about any other profession, ......
I never pretend to know more about what goes on in any other field than an experienced professional in that field, of course. Why would I?

I never pretend to know more about what goes on in any other field than an experienced professional in that field, of course. Why would I?

Whatever makes you happy, you're obviously a legend in your own mind. ;)

Whatever makes you happy, you're obviously a legend in your own mind.
I never said anything of the sort. Are you telling me that YOU don't know more about your chosen profession than someone who does NOT work in that profession?

Of course you'll take a 'victory lap', when you're whole ideology is based on a lie, in your own mind you never lose, right? lol
In one sense you're right.

I mean...look at this board. Are any conservatives ever really happy? No. Why is that? Because "conservatism" has gone from a Darwin-like approach to celebrating a world series win as if there was a political statement involved.

In another sense, some strains of liberalism (I use that term seriously) aren't happy unless government is tucking kids in at night; its a silly land of absolutes when there are very few days when there are any absolutes.
Btw, aren't you in higher ed? You're a perfect example of what this thread topic is about, Unkie better wake up and pay better attention to what's going on in his professional field, cause he obviously doesn't have a clue.
I don't work in higher education.

In one sense you're right.

I mean...look at this board. Are any conservatives ever really happy? No. Why is that? Because "conservatism" has gone from a Darwin-like approach to celebrating a world series win as if there was a political statement involved.

In another sense, some strains of liberalism (I use that term seriously) aren't happy unless government is tucking kids in at night; its a silly land of absolutes when there are very few days when there are any absolutes.

I don't work in higher education.

I think conservatives in general are very happy, which is why they don't typically waste their time on political matters in normal circumstances, it's your 'side' that is never happy with anything, rioting, looting, burning, demonstrating, etc... But you're right in that we're getting there because we're fed up at this point, and 1/6 shows exactly they hypocrisy that your side holds, you've been doing that since the 60's and calling it your 'right', the minute conservatives get fed up and do the same, suddenly actions like that are called 'insurrection'. And one misnomer you have in your post is that there is nothing 'liberal' about your side, that's why I call you leftists.

I think conservatives in general are very happy, which is why they don't typically waste their time on political matters in normal circumstances, it's your 'side' that is never happy with anything, rioting, looting, burning, demonstrating, etc... But you're right in that we're getting there because we're fed up at this point, and 1/6 shows exactly they hypocrisy that your side holds, you've been doing that since the 60's and calling it your 'right', the minute conservatives get fed up and do the same, suddenly actions like that are called 'insurrection'. And one misnomer you have in your post is that there is nothing 'liberal' about your side, that's why I call you leftists.
You're happy but you're "fed up"? Got it.

Forum List

Back