Should Some Users Be Denied Rep?

Over the last few weeks it's come to my attention that some users on USMB are addicted to positive reputation points, and will do whatever's necessary to accue them. I suspect some may even be prepared to kill to get them. They certainly aren't above tacitly begging for them.

But what's to be done to combat this affliction?

I propose a panel being formed to judge cases of rep addiction that have come to the attention of a user's peers. They would either have their account disabled or undergo cold turkey in an attempt at weening them off their addiction.

The addiction to pos rep is getting beyond a joke, and needs to be remedied as soon as possible.

I pity the people who eventually come to realize Rep is silly. :)

Get her a doll or a stuffed animal. They love both. Just the cutest most adorable doll or stuffed animal you can find. Something she doesn't already have. A doll that looks a lot like your granddaughter is a good idea, or a stuffed animal that looks just like a family pet or like one of her favorite zoo animals is also a good idea.

*Ahem* I AM her grandfather. She has every doll imaginable already. Even one that looks like a granny. :)

I'm always looking for something out of the ordinary or that everyone else isn't getting her. So no, she isn't getting a tablet or video games out of me. Something that fires her imagination. And something that makes her parents have to think.

Get her a library card and an IOU booklet for you to sit with her and read stories to her. Possibly the best thing my father ever did for me was take me to the library when I was a small child, and, at bedtome, read the books we checked out. Of course, that would require you to spend time with her instead of just buying an expensive toy.

Mein Kampf?

*Ahem* I AM her grandfather. She has every doll imaginable already. Even one that looks like a granny. :)

I'm always looking for something out of the ordinary or that everyone else isn't getting her. So no, she isn't getting a tablet or video games out of me. Something that fires her imagination. And something that makes her parents have to think.

Get her a library card and an IOU booklet for you to sit with her and read stories to her. Possibly the best thing my father ever did for me was take me to the library when I was a small child, and, at bedtome, read the books we checked out. Of course, that would require you to spend time with her instead of just buying an expensive toy.

Mein Kampf?

Warrior, please quit being a gigantic jack-ass ... to EVERYONE.

Thanks.

Who cares?

If you weren't doing what you're accusing others of, the above would be your attitude. You sound like the freakin' government. "Let's appoint a panel to see who is a rep whore and who ain't".

Oh yea.

Let's discuss something REALLY important. What to get a 2 years old granddaughter for her birthday today ... I'm at a loss. And I surely want to make points with her and one-up the "X".

Get her a doll or a stuffed animal. They love both. Just the cutest most adorable doll or stuffed animal you can find. Something she doesn't already have. A doll that looks a lot like your granddaughter is a good idea, or a stuffed animal that looks just like a family pet or like one of her favorite zoo animals is also a good idea.

Get her something that will pique her interest in science and math.

Mein Kampf?

What an utterly stupid, uninformed thing to say.

The top 5% of USMB posters have more rep than the bottom 50% of posters combined!!!

These 5%ers are picking your pockets, stealing your rep before you ever have a chance to get it!!!

They are greedy! They don't even work at getting rep! They just use their ill gain rep points to get more rep points from the little people!!!

They need to contribute their "FAIR SHARE"!!!!!

(five exclamation points ^^^ a sure sign of an insane mind)

REP REDISTRIBUTION!!!

Last edited:
The top 5% of USMB posters have more rep than the bottom 50% of posters combined!!!

These 5%ers are picking your pockets, stealing your rep before you ever have a chance to get it!!!

They are greedy! They don't even work at getting rep! They just use their ill gain rep points to get more rep points from the little people!!!

REP REDISTRIBUTION!!!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares?

If you weren't doing what you're accusing others of, the above would be your attitude. You sound like the freakin' government. "Let's appoint a panel to see who is a rep whore and who ain't".

Oh yea.

Let's discuss something REALLY important. What to get a 2 years old granddaughter for her birthday today ... I'm at a loss. And I surely want to make points with her and one-up the "X".

A big ass cardboard box! No lie. My girls at that age loved two things, cardboard boxes &[ame=http://youtu.be/r-z94RCld34]Go West - King Of Wishful Thinking [HQ].avi - YouTube[/ame]

Every time the elephant showed up in the video they would start screaming, dancing & just generally going nuts.

I even got it on tape. It's fucking awesome!

REP REDISTRIBUTION!!!

Post of the year!!!!!!!!!!

Over the last few weeks it's come to my attention that some users on USMB are addicted to positive reputation points, and will do whatever's necessary to accue them. I suspect some may even be prepared to kill to get them. They certainly aren't above tacitly begging for them.

I propose a panel being formed to judge cases of rep addiction that have come to the attention of a user's peers. They would either have their account disabled or undergo cold turkey in an attempt at weening them off their addiction.

The addiction to pos rep is getting beyond a joke, and needs to be remedied as soon as possible.
:doubt:Who gives a Fuck ??:doubt:

:doubt:Who gives a Fuck ??:doubt:

I do, anything else you want to know?

Have some neg rep!

Who cares?

Oh yea.

A big ass cardboard box! No lie. My girls at that age loved two things, cardboard boxes &

Every time the elephant showed up in the video they would start screaming, dancing & just generally going nuts.

I even got it on tape. It's fucking awesome!

Don't forget the stickers....

The real enemy is rep circles.

REP REDISTRIBUTION!!!
I miss the good ole days when people were happy just to be above zero.

Who precisely are these "addicts?"

Have they been breaking into your reputation and stealing the stereo equipment so they can get their daily dose?

Who cares?

Oh yea.

If you want to teach your granddaughter to use her imagination then this is something that I gave my daughter at that age.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4k8Kq6zv2w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4k8Kq6zv2w[/ame]

Forum List

Back