🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Someone Receiving Welfare Be Drug Tested?

Yes.

Moreover, I think anyone receiving welfare, with the exception of the old and infirmed and children should have to put in at least 20 hours of community service per week within their immediate area to help pay back the state and government for the privilege of receiving these benefits..

Most people on food stamps work a full-time job. 2 jobs.

Fucking idiot.

He said welfare...fucking idiot.
So for today, for the purpose of this discussion, SNAP or food stamps are not welfare. What is welfare?

Welfare has become a pejorative, and those who use the word in this manner seem not to know or understand the differences between AFDC - which no longer exists - and TANF, and General Assistance.

why dont you explain the differences for us dimwit? you didnt seem to say the differences matter above ^^^; just whined that the word has become a perjorative

Yes.

Moreover, I think anyone receiving welfare, with the exception of the old and infirmed and children should have to put in at least 20 hours of community service per week within their immediate area to help pay back the state and government for the privilege of receiving these benefits..

Fucking idiot.

So for today, for the purpose of this discussion, SNAP or food stamps are not welfare. What is welfare?

Welfare has become a pejorative, and those who use the word in this manner seem not to know or understand the differences between AFDC - which no longer exists - and TANF, and General Assistance.
I know a lot of "welfare" people because I do some volunteering for a program that delivers hot meals to shut ins. I am not really sure how all these folks qualify other than they have to be collecting some kind of government service, benefit or subsidy. The meals are provided by a non profit. It becomes very obvious they need the free meal as soon as you meet them. In some cases I suspect the only two hot meals they get every week come from the soup kitchen that prepares them. Not sure how you would drug test these people. Most of them are on medication and not able to travel without lots of assistance. Don't know why anyone cares if people like this smoke some weed once in awhile.

Let's apply a little logic -

The "welfare" being described is a government entitlement program.

So we should apply the same standard to all entitlement programs -

Veteran Health Care
Medicare
Social Security

Government Pensions

Government Employee Health Plans... Including Senators and Congressmen.

you are saying welfare is the same as Social Security?

the same as people who went to war?
or paid into a program over a working lifetime?

and you call that LOGIC?

you are an idiot; why do board monitors allow such blatant lies to be posted here????

40% of Medicare is paid for out of the general fund, not out of Medicare payroll taxes. That is what you people want to call 'welfare',

and drug test for.

you idiot; it was your fellow left-wingnut Hazelnut that just said there is no difference between welfare and the other "entitlement programs", not me

As long as you understand that Medicare is welfare, and therefore your desire to drug test welfare recipients should include all seniors who utilize that entitlement.

do seniors generally have children in the home like people on TANF do leftard?
ARE they the age bracket generally abusing drugs?

So I guess we shouldn't drug test single guys on welfare living alone?

lol. idiot.

Yes.

Fucking idiot.

I suspect they mean cash assistance.

The whole point of this welfare drug test thing is to push rightwing propaganda. It's to publicize and spread a negative image of the government assistance recipient as some sort of lowlife druggie.

do you actually know anybody on welfare idiot/
or do you spend your time in the woods of upstate New York?
are you actually saying nobody on welfare uses drugs?

nobody who has all that time on their hands uses drugs, only working people?

maybe you think nobody uses drugs idiot?
why isnt it wise to ensure people living off of the taxpayers are using that money wisely and not endangering their own families? their own children???

So cutting off children's access to Medicaid because their mom tested positive for marijuana is good for the children how?

Fucking idiot.

The whole point of this welfare drug test thing is to push rightwing propaganda. It's to publicize and spread a negative image of the government assistance recipient as some sort of lowlife druggie.

why isnt it wise to ensure people living off of the taxpayers are using that money wisely and not endangering their own families? their own children???

So cutting off children's access to Medicaid because their mom tested positive for marijuana is good for the children how?

i dunno idiot; you tell me how getting a child out of a harmful atmosphere might be a good thing??
better yet loon tell all of us how keeping a child in a harmful atmosphere is a good thing, since that is what you're advocating???

you are saying welfare is the same as Social Security?

the same as people who went to war?
or paid into a program over a working lifetime?

and you call that LOGIC?

you are an idiot; why do board monitors allow such blatant lies to be posted here????

40% of Medicare is paid for out of the general fund, not out of Medicare payroll taxes. That is what you people want to call 'welfare',

and drug test for.

you idiot; it was your fellow left-wingnut Hazelnut that just said there is no difference between welfare and the other "entitlement programs", not me

As long as you understand that Medicare is welfare, and therefore your desire to drug test welfare recipients should include all seniors who utilize that entitlement.

do seniors generally have children in the home like people on TANF do leftard?
ARE they the age bracket generally abusing drugs?

So I guess we shouldn't drug test single guys on welfare living alone?

lol. idiot.

before obama GUTTED THE CLINTON WELFARE reform single guys living alone COULDNT GET WELFARE ..........................................idiot

Fucking idiot.

who said the children would be cut off from anything anyway dullard?

all day long you lose every debate and keep coming back for more. why dont you get a life??

"Should Someone Receiving Welfare Be Drug Tested?"

No.

Such laws have already been struck down by the courts.

then why are the still happening??

and struck down on what grounds???
Invasion of privacy, which it is..
Why are legislature members not tested for drugs?? They claim it's an invasion of privacy.....

your position:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA test those people over there too!!!!!

:boohoo:

No.

Why are legislature members not tested for drugs?? They claim it's an invasion of privacy.....

your position:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA test those people over there too!!!!!

It's unconstitutional, so be it...

No.

your position:

AGAIN; then why is it still happening?

No.

your position:

The only successful challenges have been based on the 4th ammendment (unreasonable search and seizure)....

The logical solution to that is simple... don't make it the basis for a criminal prosecution.

Just make agreeing to the tests a condition for receiving welfare, and it's legal...

Don't want to take the tests??? Nobody is forcing you to apply for welfare.

No.

your position:

The only successful challenges have been based on the 4th ammendment (unreasonable search and seizure)....

The logical solution to that is simple... don't make it the basis for a criminal prosecution.

Just make agreeing to the tests a condition for receiving welfare, and it's legal...

Don't want to take the tests??? Nobody is forcing you to apply for welfare.
The only time they drug test you is when you are getting cash benefits, they don't drug test for food assistance..

No.

your position:

AGAIN; then why is it still happening?
Because the state legislature's do not care about your federal basic rights...

Forum List

Back