Should the presidency be reduced to a single term?

The first thing a newly elected president does is to craft policies that are popular with the people, to enhance chances for a second term. If the presidency was limited to a single term those policies might actually reflect what the country needs most, which would mostly be unpopular. If the administration knew it had only four years to do something good for the country, they might actually...do something good.
I Like it... I Like it A LOT!

The first thing a newly elected president does is to craft policies that are popular with the people, to enhance chances for a second term. If the presidency was limited to a single term those policies might actually reflect what the country needs most, which would mostly be unpopular. If the administration knew it had only four years to do something good for the country, they might actually...do something good.
That would be what a pro-American President would do. But since Biden and his band of anti-Americans are in power, they are doing everything possible to screw the American people and do things that are popular with China, Iran, the Taliban, Isis, Illegal immigrants and the drug cartels.

The voters themselves determine the limits.

It’s our own fault we keep re-electing feckless politicians…

Reality check: Look at what Biden did in his first month in office: open the border, cancel all of Trump's EO's whether they were effective or not, announced his war with the energy industry, announced his war with "white" people...the list is endless.

Do you really think he did all this to enhance his POPULARITY?????

Have you seen any of the polls???

One 6-year term would be fine with me. Otherwise term limits are anti-democratic, and unwise. If those idiots in California want to keep electing Pelosi they have a right to do it. That's the way it works.

All of these term limit proposals seem to indicate that Americans are such fools that they don't know enough to vote a politician out of office. I find the notion to be insulting.

I think it should be reduced to 2 years now.

Elected by We the People

The Dictator tried to overturn the will of the people
Yeah.....and that was proven in court last week.....but the media wanted to focus on another mass-shooting as a distraction.

No. Two terms, across the board, for everyone, including Congress. Two five year terms for the SC too, by the way.

These people are not irreplaceable. The longer they're in office the bigger their power base. Their top priority is getting re-elected. Enough of that.

Either we change the system or we just bending over for more of the same.

#ForwardParty
Exactly.

Send them back to live in the shit pile they created. That will stop the nonsense.

The voters themselves determine the limits.
It’s our own fault we keep re-electing feckless politicians…
We don't care enough to fix a system that incentivizes and rewards the worst impulses of its participants.

So, we deserve what we get.

No. Two terms, across the board, for everyone, including Congress. Two five year terms for the SC too, by the way.

These people are not irreplaceable. The longer they're in office the bigger their power base. Their top priority is getting re-elected. Enough of that.

Either we change the system or we just bending over for more of the same.

#ForwardParty
Change the election system...

The first past the post system is bad and undemocratic... Why must America try find a different solution to what everyone else has solved...

Forum List

Back