should the US prohibit people under the age of 21 from purchasing or owning large capacity guns ?

Do you think raising the age to purchase a firearm will help reduce the number of mass shootings?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • I'm not sure but it couldn't hurt

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Im not sure but that may be a violation of the 2nd Amendment

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The whole point of these "cool" weapons is carrying them around and looking tough. If you can't leave the house with them, where's the fun in that. These guys want the "respect" or fear that they see in the eyes of the people the walk past carrying these guns. These weapons are being marketed to these kids in just this way.

Since 2013 when Colorado did a far reaching Gun Laws (not banning) what's come out of it is the no longer seeing that many gun totin idiots running around the streets. And the Cult of the AR-15 was broken. Oh, you can still walk around with your gun openly displayed and you can still buy all the ARs your little black heart desires but the fun got sucked out of it.

Since 2013 when Colorado did a far reaching Gun Laws (not banning) what's come out of it is the no longer seeing that many gun totin idiots running around the streets. And the Cult of the AR-15 was broken. Oh, you can still walk around with your gun openly displayed and you can still buy all the ARs your little black heart desires but the fun got sucked out of it.
Wut?

Pointless

I choose NOT TO own a GUN

Cool. I however live in an area where outside the city limits the county sheriff may not get there for 45 minutes, packs of coyotes have been known to attack livestock, and the first day of deer season comes with the same reverence as the 4th of July, so I make allowances for the fact that there are some people who may actually have a legitimate use for them.

The whole point of these "cool" weapons is carrying them around and looking tough. If you can't leave the house with them, where's the fun in that. These guys want the "respect" or fear that they see in the eyes of the people the walk past carrying these guns. These weapons are being marketed to these kids in just this way.

I would let them leave the house with them. Just not their property. They can shoot beer cans in the backyard.

I would let them leave the house with them. Just not their property. They can shoot beer cans in the backyard.

But what about the Defense against the invading hordes and having to be ready to battle the Commies that have taken over the US? Only if they do it in the backyard :muahaha:

Because YOU have ALL the answers
No. I don't have all the answers. I have just formed my opinions over the years, growing up with weapons, training with weapons, training people with weapons, (and this includes young people) on the range, in the field, and in security of weapons, tracking, accountability down the line. I have weapons, am a permit holder and an almost daily carrier. In the end, I am just opinionated based on what I know, understand of the law, the constitution and watching societal changes.

Opinions are like assholes and most of them stink, if not the same kind of assholes. That is why we elect representatives from all over, to take all the opinions into consideration, and do their freaking job, fixing national problems and not just constantly kicking the can down the road. Trouble is, they all want to be popular, be re-elected, and harvest donations, placing this above solving a problem, hot button problems (the most serious) in particular.

Wish I did have all the answers.

They are not being marketed to anybody. The only marketing you see with firearms is in hunting and gun magazines, in gun stores, or anyplace that sells ammo or guns. You won't see any billboards about guns, no radio or television commercials, no advertising in any non-gun related magazines.

Most of us who carry weapons do so concealed, so there is no "looking tough" when nobody can see them.

Your definition of "Mass" is different than mine. But you are changing your narrative for justification.
nope .... mass shootings happen in Chicago all the time ....... multiple people are shot and killed in attacks regularly especially from drive bys . thats happening regularly in Cities like Chicago that has some of the strictest gun laws in the country ..

Last edited:
You don't make any sense. Say goodnight Grac

No, I don't like that law. "Inconvenient"?? You call having to raise some worthless no-good's illegitimate child for 18 or more years totally alone at our expense and the devastation of our lives INCONVENIENT???

Yeah, that would be inconvenient, all right. Male antiabortionists are such incredible predators against women. All of you. There is no excuse for what you advocate. You want us slaves to your illegitimate get, your incest get, your rape get. Any male who wants to crush women with this incredible burden --- misogynists and bad men, every man Jack of you.

worthless child ? wow ! there is no such thing as a worthless child ! your post spoke volumes of what you think of disadvantaged children ...

worthless child ? wow ! there is no such thing as a worthless child ! your post spoke volumes of what you think of disadvantaged children ...
Can you not read what is actually written there?

You call having to raise some worthless no-good's illegitimate child for 18 or more years totally alone at our expense and the devastation of our lives INCONVENIENT???

Conservatives need to stop trying to ‘justify’ owning AR 15s with ridiculous, inane references to hunting, fending off ‘government tyranny,’ or silly semantics as to what an assault weapon is.

No one ‘needs’ an AR 15, it’s a want.

But however ridiculous the ‘justification,’ banning AR 15s would be unwarranted and ineffective.

There’s no rational reason to possess an AR 15, just as there’s no rational reason to ban them.
what about pump shot guns ? is it justifiable to you fore someone to own a gun that can hold 5 rounds of 00 buckshot that can discharge 9 lead projectiles every time you squeeze the trigger ? where will the gov stop if they ban semi auto fire arms like ARs ?

But what about the Defense against the invading hordes and having to be ready to battle the Commies that have taken over the US? Only if they do it in the backyard :muahaha:

Stand your ground means your ground, not your neighbor's grounds.

Forum List

Back