should the US prohibit people under the age of 21 from purchasing or owning large capacity guns ?

Do you think raising the age to purchase a firearm will help reduce the number of mass shootings?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • I'm not sure but it couldn't hurt

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Im not sure but that may be a violation of the 2nd Amendment

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1653824489118.png

worthless child ? wow ! there is no such thing as a worthless child ! your post spoke volumes of what you think of disadvantaged children ...

I don't think she was saying the child is worthless. She was saying the father was. Which, again, begs the question of, "Then why fuck him at all?"

nope .... mass shootings happen in Chicago all the time ....... multiple people are shot and killed in attacks regularly especially from drive bys . thats happening regularly in Cities like Chicago that has some of the strictest gun laws in the country ..
What are the strict gun laws in Chicago

one thing most of these school shooters have in common [besides being crazy] is the vast majority have been under the age of 21 ... so the question is should the US ban large capacity firearms for people under the age of 21 ? would Americans that support the 2nd amendment agree to such a ban ? lets face the facts [and no i am not anti 2nd amend] there is a reason people under the age of 21 are not allowed to buy alcohol ... and that reason is when people that young imbibe they are statistically more likely to hurt themselves or others ... now i know that many of our military are under the age of 21 and handle automatic weapons but they are also under supervision from the chain of command and they were prepared through rigorous training ie..basic training ect .... the military does not hand a young man or woman an firearm the minute they are sworn into the armed forces ... they are trained first ... so should we ban large capacity firearms from non service members under the age of 21 ?
This action may reduce the number of school shootings, but it will never stop all future shootings because a law doesn't keep these shooters from ultimately getting a gun either using false information i.e. about age, or stealing a gun.

Over 3,700 guns stolen out of vehicles in 2021​

Federal firearm licensees reported 12,981 guns lost or stolen in U.S. states and territories in 2020, the most recent year such data was available, according to the ATF.

Age had nothing to do with thefts.

This action may reduce the number of school shootings, but it will never stop all future shootings because a law doesn't keep these shooters from ultimately getting a gun either using false information i.e. about age, or stealing a gun.

Over 3,700 guns stolen out of vehicles in 2021​

Federal firearm licensees reported 12,981 guns lost or stolen in U.S. states and territories in 2020, the most recent year such data was available, according to the ATF.

Age had nothing to do with thefts.
“Reducing the number of school shootings” had value… no?

We don’t allow 18-year-olds to purchase hand guns because they’re too dangerous with them.

But we do allow 18-year-olds to purchase AR-15s.

Stupid. We need to change this.

one thing most of these school shooters have in common [besides being crazy] is the vast majority have been under the age of 21 ... so the question is should the US ban large capacity firearms for people under the age of 21 ? would Americans that support the 2nd amendment agree to such a ban ? lets face the facts [and no i am not anti 2nd amend] there is a reason people under the age of 21 are not allowed to buy alcohol ... and that reason is when people that young imbibe they are statistically more likely to hurt themselves or others ... now i know that many of our military are under the age of 21 and handle automatic weapons but they are also under supervision from the chain of command and they were prepared through rigorous training ie..basic training ect .... the military does not hand a young man or woman an firearm the minute they are sworn into the armed forces ... they are trained first ... so should we ban large capacity firearms from non service members under the age of 21 ?
I believe your question is should sane, rational, law-abiding citizens under 21 be allowed to own firearms

Because the insane, irrational, lawless young people who intend to murder innocent people will not respect any new laws you pass

I believe your question is should sane, rational, law-abiding citizens under 21 be allowed to own firearms

Because the insane, irrational, lawless young people who intend to murder innocent people will not respect any new laws you pass

I'm willing to give into the 21 year old thing if we do the same for voting. If 21 is when you can exercise one right, then 21 should be the age you can exercise all of them.

Many will.

At 18 they don't have as much knowledge and connections to buy one illegally....these are not black or white boys in a gang, these are otherwise, appearingly law abiding white boys committing these mass murders.

All got their AR 15 type guns legally, easy peasy.

People usually do not survive being shot by one of these powerful guns, they are torn apart, emergency room doctors say....they can save a normal gun's bullet from killing a person, but it is unlikely with an AR15 type wound.

Forum List

Back