should the US prohibit people under the age of 21 from purchasing or owning large capacity guns ?

Do you think raising the age to purchase a firearm will help reduce the number of mass shootings?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • I'm not sure but it couldn't hurt

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Im not sure but that may be a violation of the 2nd Amendment

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I’m not going to try and get in the head of these people but likely because it looks cool. Banning the AR 15 to stop school shootings is akin to banning Marlboro Lights to stop kids from smoking. I don’t think the lung cancer cares which brand of cigarette you smoke.

The bigger issue IMO is we are ignoring the problem by talking about, not even the symptom of the problem but the tool the symptom chooses to use. What is driving these kids to do this? What has changed in our society that is causing this? It isn’t the availability of guns. Arguably kids had far more access to guns in the past than they do now, but they weren’t taking those guns and shooting up schools with them. In the past if someone was shot on school grounds most times the person doing the shooting was trying to murder a specific person and it just happened to happen on the school property. That’s changed. So what’s changed in our society that has driven that change. Even if you could wish all the guns out of existence you wont have solved the actual problem.
You are making an argument that causes lib heads to explode

The left drives modern culture

children murdering children are products of that culture

You aren't good with syntax or grammar, are you? Or perhaps you are faking all the indignation.

Worthless good-for-nothing rotten MALES sexing up women to make mommy-slaves of them. That's what I said and that's what I meant. Watch out for what the modifiers modify.

[Sigh]
You have NO idea what you are blathering about

Do you?

Gun fatalities, how many? Biden killed 79,000 Americans in just the past 2 years with his open borders policies.
How many? I guess 10 million, but it's a guess. I achieved this guess by licking my finger, sticking it in the air, then finding the wind direction and before I hazarded a guess. Pretty much like your question.

The .223 is one of the most popular rounds in the world. It's used in so many weapons platforms that there are too many to list. It's not the AR that's deadly it's the round. Not to mention that there are plenty of far more destructive rounds out there from a terminal ballistics perspective. The .308 the most popular big game round is just one. This is why "assault weapons" bans are fucking stupid. All you're asking for is a ban on a scary looking gun you dont understand.

The 223s primary use is in AR style weapons. And it's not the round that makes the AR special. It's the AR, itself. The 308 lost out to the 556 because of ammo weight and number of rounds that can be carried in the Military world. The 308 is superior to the 556 unless you need a lot of rounds hence the hunting advantage.

And in 1968, the ban worked. It dropped the mass shootings but when it was allowed to expired, that same year, mass shootings went up almost 300%. You gunnutters keep ignoring that and then claiming WE don't understand. I understand completely and you need your toys regulated.

Which has what to do with forced impregnation? Are you really imagining that scumbag men who commit rapes or sexual harassment are actively looking to create a child, which would stand as living proof of their crimes, as opposed to enacting their own selfish pleasures and hostilities?
Yes. The evolved male strategy for their competition with the very different strategy used by women: spread themselves around. Get as many offspring as possible, preferably ones they don't have to make any investment in because all the investment is by the woman.

I think this sex-matched strategy is behind all opposition to abortion, at least in this country where men can't control women as well as they can in some countries.

You have NO idea what you are blathering about

Do you?
Okay, besides insulting me gratuitously, I see from your post to Mac-7 that you are also one of these quick-draw post-reporters of the kind who are ruining the race relations forum. I can't be interacting with people who do these things, so I'll put you on ignore.

one thing most of these school shooters have in common [besides being crazy] is the vast majority have been under the age of 21 ... so the question is should the US ban large capacity firearms for people under the age of 21 ? would Americans that support the 2nd amendment agree to such a ban ? lets face the facts [and no i am not anti 2nd amend] there is a reason people under the age of 21 are not allowed to buy alcohol ... and that reason is when people that young imbibe they are statistically more likely to hurt themselves or others ... now i know that many of our military are under the age of 21 and handle automatic weapons but they are also under supervision from the chain of command and they were prepared through rigorous training ie..basic training ect .... the military does not hand a young man or woman an firearm the minute they are sworn into the armed forces ... they are trained first ... so should we ban large capacity firearms from non service members under the age of 21 ?

No.

If you can use a rifle to kill foreigners for your country at 18, you should be able to own one to defend your own family...

40 million teenagers 10-19 in this country.....2 committed mass public shootings....

You do not punish law abiding 18 year olds for the crimes of 2 people out of 40 million.

Okay, besides insulting me gratuitously, I see from your post to Mac-7 that you are also one of these quick-draw post-reporters of the kind who are ruining the race relations forum. I can't be interacting with people who do these things, so I'll put you on ignore.
Promise?

Brevity IS the soul of wit

Absolutely. Why not? Would not hurt my feelings if they could only buy standard length bolt action rifles with no greater than 5 shot capacity (unplugged) and same for shot guns. Let them learn to hunt and shoot the way I did.

The 20 year old man or woman, married in a home don't get to defend their home with a real gun?

But they can be sent overseas to kill other humans for the U.S....but can't own a real gun for self defense of their children?

The 20 year old man or woman, married in a home don't get to defend their home with a real gun?

But they can be sent overseas to kill other humans for the U.S....but can't own a real gun for self defense of their children?
Ones like I described (hunting rifles and shotguns) are definitely real guns, as I have taken down more game when I was younger that I could count, like every other hunter out there. They can and will take down a person, with ease. Dick Chaney almost took out a hunting buddy.

Ones like I described (hunting rifles and shotguns) are definitely real guns, as I have taken down more game when I was younger that I could count, like every other hunter out there. They can and will take down a person, with ease. Dick Chaney almost took out a hunting buddy.
Cheney was an idiot

Game isn't the issue....violent criminals are the issue....a bolt action doesn't work as well when you are facing more than one criminal, especially under the stress of a violent home invasion.

Game isn't the issue....violent criminals are the issue....a bolt action doesn't work as well when you are facing more than one criminal, especially under the stress of a violent home invasion.
More often it is break ins for burglary theft, not violent attack, and their first impulse is to run if they wake somebody up, especially if bleeding profusely from a double barrel shotgun. It's ok though, they usually don't run far.

Absolutely. Why not? Would not hurt my feelings if they could only buy standard length bolt action rifles with no greater than 5 shot capacity (unplugged) and same for shot guns. Let them learn to hunt and shoot the way I did.

Exactly.
Average Joe in America does not need to own assault rifles.
Given that handguns could cause just as much mass murder in schools as assault rifles, it's school security that needs attention.
Absolute security protects absolutely.
The latest shooter just waltzed right into the school thru the front door with 2 assault rifles and slaughtered those inside.
No security whatsoever.

Exactly.
Given that handguns could cause just as much mass murder in schools as assault rifles, it's school security that needs attention.
The latest shooter just waltzed right into the school thru the front door with 2 assault rifles and slaughtered those inside.
No security whatsoever.
Got problems with the term assault rifle. It doesn't have the function selection I would look for if making an assault on a defending enemy, but no reversing common parlance at this point.
I am an average Joe that has one. A lot of me out there, mostly more responsible than not. The asshole nut balls that aren't, give us all a bad name in broad brush. Use mine for longer range target practice on specifically built outdoor ranges, to maintain skills, proficiency, etc, though not my go-to weapon of choice for home defense. Places like Texas, it would and does make an excellent wild hog or coyote gun, varmint gun where you might need to reach out and touch something at distance.
Given that handguns could cause just as much mass murder in schools as assault rifles, it's school security that needs attention. More dangerous as higher capacity without magazine change. Totally agree schools need some hardening, structural design, technology and tighter control of Standard Operation Procedures and discipline of staff.
NO it does not and in fact does not exist.
Your statement reflects a misconception of reality.
No security whatsoever

TRUE. SOPs not in place or enforced to staff. No cameras in halls or that entry/exit, no buzz in entry technology in place at that exit/entry point, prompting disregard for security procedure to be followed for person convenience.

Forum List

Back