Should we be fiscally responsible?

Should the USA be fiscally responsible?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
You think reducing spending is funny.

Typical unserious Leftard who doesn’t give a damn about the deficit.
Its funny how you say let’s cut all their stuff and show no responsibility for your stuff.
Like what? I’m totally for cutting spending. Name 5 things that should be cut.
I have a good idea what you’ll list.
And it’s Trump 2020 Gold.
But go for it, give us a list of where to cut.
How to cut should be its own thread. This thread is to see if people still think we should be responsible. I would start by freezing any increases though...
That’s fair.
So are you opposed to any candidate calling for large increases to the deficit?
Yes.
That eliminates every Dem candidate.

Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.

Yes. I am hopeful if DJT wins a 2nd term and doesn't care about reelection he will attack entitlements and get us to a surplus.

Yeah so did trump and deficits increased drastically.
Due to the Trump Tax Cuts the United States collected more tax in 2019 revenue than it ever has in its history.....

How much of the deficit did the House Democrats pay down with all that excess? How much of the surplus did they 'bank'? Can you give me the link to that Budget they passed - I seem to have misplaced it.....

And what have Democrats said they would do?
- Destroy the successful economy, eliminate jobs, tax the crap out of Americans, and explode the deficit by giving illegal immigrants 'free' health care, education, food, housing, etc.....

:p
That isn’t saying much. Revenue increases just about every year unless we have a recession. And revenue growth really flattened after the tax cuts....

Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.
FYI the Dems have never been fiscally responsible either

No president regardless of party has ever reduced the national debt since the 1930's
That’s true. Deficits have gone up and down. I didn’t at all claim either party is responsible.
Yes you did since you only mentioned republicans in your OP wherein you implied that democrats have not thrown out fiscal responsibility

Nice try but your partisanship is once again on full display

FYI I said nothing about deficits

All you have to do is look at the DEBT at the beginning and end of each president's term(s) and you'll see that regardless of party the debt has increased
We heard for years how repubs want to be responsible. Remember the tea party? Most now seem cool with deficits. So this thread is to find out if anyone still cares.

FYI the Dems have never been fiscally responsible either

No president regardless of party has ever reduced the national debt since the 1930's
That’s true. Deficits have gone up and down. I didn’t at all claim either party is responsible.
Yes you did since you only mentioned republicans in your OP wherein you implied that democrats have not thrown out fiscal responsibility

Nice try but your partisanship is once again on full display

FYI I said nothing about deficits

All you have to do is look at the DEBT at the beginning and end of each president's term(s) and you'll see that regardless of party the debt has increased
We heard for years how repubs want to be responsible. Remember the tea party? Most now seem cool with deficits. So this thread is to find out if anyone still cares.
Nobody cares.

Not the democrats
not the republicans

not you

We are leaving a huge mountain of debt for future generations to deal with, and to me that is inexcusable. It's one of the few things I would take Trump to task for, the prolifigate spending on his watch is unacceptable IMHO.
One must pick and choose battles, and he has many battles he’s fighting. And if he takes on spending, guess which party will fight him.

Looks like both parties to me. Trump has the balls to do things that no other president would, and getting gov't spending under control would be perhaps the crowning achievement of his 2nd term. In our political system though, I would say that is damn near impossible.

Its funny how you say let’s cut all their stuff and show no responsibility for your stuff.
How to cut should be its own thread. This thread is to see if people still think we should be responsible. I would start by freezing any increases though...
That’s fair.
Yes.
Last I checked they are planning to pay for their plans. Wealth taxes and all that.

Yes. I am hopeful if DJT wins a 2nd term and doesn't care about reelection he will attack entitlements and get us to a surplus.

That seems highly unlikely given his party is no longer asking for it...

We are leaving a huge mountain of debt for future generations to deal with, and to me that is inexcusable. It's one of the few things I would take Trump to task for, the out of control spending on his watch is unacceptable IMHO. And which the Democrats are equally to blame.
...so the out of control spending by previous Presidents wasn't bad enough to 'take them to task'?
(- I don't think you are saying that.)

Any honest, intelligent person, however, must remember and acknowledge that the HOUSE controls the Budget, controls the spending, controls the economy, controls the Deficit...not the President.

That’s fair.
Yes.
Last I checked they are planning to pay for their plans. Wealth taxes and all that.
Yeah, and you can save $2,500 a year on healthcare too.
Show me one where all analysts agree increases would be paid for. You can’t find one where even a majority agree.

Yeah, like AOC's 'Green New Apocalypse'?! She finally admitted that the US would financially collapse before it ever got close to completing even half of the plan if they tried to do so.

We are leaving a huge mountain of debt for future generations to deal with, and to me that is inexcusable. It's one of the few things I would take Trump to task for, the prolifigate spending on his watch is unacceptable IMHO.
One must pick and choose battles, and he has many battles he’s fighting. And if he takes on spending, guess which party will fight him.

Looks like both parties to me. Trump has the balls to do things that no other president would, and getting gov't spending under control would be perhaps the crowning achievement of his 2nd term. In our political system though, I would say that is damn near impossible.
Agreed, Deep State is not confined to one party.

We are leaving a huge mountain of debt for future generations to deal with, and to me that is inexcusable. It's one of the few things I would take Trump to task for, the out of control spending on his watch is unacceptable IMHO. And which the Democrats are equally to blame.
...so the out of control spending by previous Presidents wasn't bad enough to 'take them to task'?
(- I don't think you are saying that.)

Any honest, intelligent person, however, must remember and acknowledge that the HOUSE controls the Budget, controls the spending, controls the economy, controls the Deficit...not the President.
And for 2 years repubs had the house and entire government and increased deficits drastically. That killed the idea repubs cared for me. They had the power and could have done it.

While politicians can sort-of be forgiven for fiscal irresponsibility (they buy votes with taxpayer money), the Media play a big part in it.

Any time any legislator proposes even the slightest adjustment to a give-away program, the Media sends out its "investigators" to find even one single person whose situation can be construed as "harmed" by the adjustment.

Case in point: The Trump Administration announces that it is going to start periodically double checking the "disabled" status of people who are on what is, in effect, a lifetime disability pension. Rather than saying, "Good job! We need to minimize fraud in this government program!", we get headlines, "Thousands of Disabled People to be tossed off SS!!" The assumption here is that some people, while truly disabled, are so pathetic that they won't be able to convince the SS auditors that they are still eligible for the program.

Politicians suck. The Media sucks just as bad(ly).

That’s fair.
Yes.
Yeah, and you can save $2,500 a year on healthcare too.
Show me one where all analysts agree increases would be paid for. You can’t find one where even a majority agree.
I’m not going to say any are responsible for certain. But we have certainly seen trump isn’t.

I am hopeful. I know 100% the Democrats will not but the Republicans may.

I am hopeful. I know 100% the Democrats will not but the Republicans may.
You should look at history. Reagan tripled the debt. Clinton got us a balanced budget. Bush drastically increased deficits. Obama had huge deficits during recession and they declined. Trump has given us huge deficits during a strong economy. Your belief has 0 backing....

All one has to do is look at the worst States when it comes to debt and overreaching spending. Most of them have been solid blue for decades.

Forum List

Back