Should We Cancel Thanksgiving?

• Yes, It's time we quit celebrating such a horrid event

• No, that's just too woke for me

• Don't know but I'll have to give it some thought

Results are only viewable after voting.

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Just wondering how woke people are. How many are actually so woke they would seriously consider canceling Thanksgiving? How many are ready to tell your family that you aren't going to attend such a despicable holiday?

Thanksgiving is a great day....leftist morons hate anything that brings families together and celebrates being happy........I know, let's stop giving morons on the left any thought.....everything they believe is either evil or stupid....

In the 60's it was called 'counter-culture', leaving intact our culture.
Today it's called 'cancel-culture', threatening the pillars of our culture.
The biggest threat to America IS the NEA and our secondary educational institutions.
Mike Pompeo is 100% correct in his latest OP-Ed pointing the above out!!

Just wondering how woke people are. How many are actually so woke they would seriously consider canceling Thanksgiving? How many are ready to tell your family that you aren't going to attend such a despicable holiday?

That article sucked ass. Thanksgiving is one thing, and one thing only, the remembrance of the miracles that even allowed those settlers at Plymouth to even survive the first year. Of course, over half of them didn't. But the miracles started well before they even came ashore. The jackscrew one of the passengers had that allowed them to fix the mast. The listeria infection that killed off most of the natives before they got here. Squanto, captured and sold to Spanish monks, that could speak English and helped the settlers. I mean real life miracles, over and over again.

You take a single one of those miracles away, rather it is the jackscrew, or Squanto, there is no United States of America. Period.

That article sucked ass. Thanksgiving is one thing, and one thing only, the remembrance of the miracles that even allowed those settlers at Plymouth to even survive the first year. Of course, over half of them didn't. But the miracles started well before they even came ashore. The jackscrew one of the passengers had that allowed them to fix the mast. The listeria infection that killed off most of the natives before they got here. Squanto, captured and sold to Spanish monks, that could speak English and helped the settlers. I mean real life miracles, over and over again.

You take a single one of those miracles away, rather it is the jackscrew, or Squanto, there is no United States of America. Period.

Yep....if you can't see God in that story, you are closing your eyes...

They travel across the world, and the first guy they meet is an Indian who speaks english and helps them to survive.......

Again....God works in very mysterious ways....

the left's loathing of Thanksgiving is actually their cultural hatred for the people who founded America
the Progressives are not the open minded and tolerant people who they claim to be

Yes, of course we should.

Why?

Because a bunch of white European colonizers slaughtered a bunch of Indians.....thus putting an abrupt halt to the Indians' endless slaughter of each other prior to this development.

Makes perfect sense! Amirite?

Why?

Because a bunch of white European colonizers slaughtered a bunch of Indians.....thus putting an abrupt halt to the Indians' endless slaughter of each other prior to this development.

No. You are not.Had we not taught you people how to farm you would have starved. The statement that all we did is kill other Indians is the height of ignorance.

No. You are not.Had we not taught you people how to farm you would have starved. The statement that all we did is kill other Indians is the height of ignorance.

The pilgrims knew how to farm........in fact, they knew how to farm better than the indians did since once they were able to survive a winter, the pilgrims prospered and the Europeans spread across the continent....while the indians lost their land...

I think a lot of holidays are based on something stupid or terrible. Fortunately, we’re no longer celebrating those things and instead just looking for a day off to spend with the family.

So fuck it. I’m going to hang out with the family, eat some delicious food, and have a drink with everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving.

these idiots have been deleting american history they should go all the way

Why?

British troops, prior to the Revolution were the most notorious at giving Indians pox-laden blankets!
Study history, man!!

The pilgrims knew how to farm........in fact, they knew how to farm better than the indians did since once they were able to survive a winter, the pilgrims prospered and the Europeans spread across the continent....while the indians lost their land...

It's hard to believe that anyone could be stupid enough to type what you just posted.

At Thanksgiving I like to think of everything I have to be thankful for: God letting me be born in the greatest country on earth, good friends, best family in the world, being born at a time to watch the quick advancement of technology, and most of all, I thank God he didn't make me a liberal. I can't imagine going through life with not an ounce of common sense.

Anyone who hates thanksgiving can move to another country.

If America is so bad then they should leave. I mean if I am staying at someone else's house and it hate it I don't tell them to change everything to suit me, I leave. Same with America, if it's such an awful place go somewhere else.

That was nuts to suggest Pilgrims came all that distance to start a new civilization without knowing how to farm.

Anyone who hates thanksgiving can move to another country.

If America is so bad then they should leave. I mean if I am staying at someone else's house and it hate it I don't tell them to change everything to suit me, I leave. Same with America, if it's such an awful place go somewhere else.

They would never consider it. It's like when they tell us how great it is in Europe. They have this, and they have that, and they do things the right way. Yet not one of them ever made any attempt to move there.

Forum List

Back