Should we fear any skin color in our neighborhoods?

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Fear white influx will erase West Oakland history

In 1966, Huey Newton and Bobby Seale drafted the Black Panther manifesto in a two-bedroom bungalow on 57th Street in Oakland.

Last year, that house - refurbished with hardwood floors, drought-tolerant landscaping and quartz countertops - sold for $425,000.

Such is the story of West Oakland and its environs these days. The heart of African American culture in the Bay Area, if not the West Coast, is now a real estate agent's dream. Thousands of transplants from San Francisco, mostly younger, mostly white people lured east by lower rents, have discovered the sunny enclaves of West Oakland and staked their claims.

"West Oakland is really vibrant right now. Young people, young families, are finding it to be an edgy, dynamic, urban place to live," said Andrea Gordon, a top-producing real estate agent with Coldwell Banker's Oakland office. "They can get a Victorian here that would cost $400,000 more a mile away in Rockridge."

Fear white influx will erase West Oakland history - SFGate

i find this news story to be anti american. fearing a white person moving into your neighborhood? this is the same crap as those who fear a black person moving into their neighborhood. we are all americans, no matter our skin tone.

In 1966, Huey Newton and Bobby Seale drafted the Black Panther manifesto in a two-bedroom bungalow on 57th Street in Oakland.

Last year, that house - refurbished with hardwood floors, drought-tolerant landscaping and quartz countertops - sold for $425,000.

Such is the story of West Oakland and its environs these days. The heart of African American culture in the Bay Area, if not the West Coast, is now a real estate agent's dream. Thousands of transplants from San Francisco, mostly younger, mostly white people lured east by lower rents, have discovered the sunny enclaves of West Oakland and staked their claims.

"West Oakland is really vibrant right now. Young people, young families, are finding it to be an edgy, dynamic, urban place to live," said Andrea Gordon, a top-producing real estate agent with Coldwell Banker's Oakland office. "They can get a Victorian here that would cost $400,000 more a mile away in Rockridge."

i find this news story to be anti american. fearing a white person moving into your neighborhood? this is the same crap as those who fear a black person moving into their neighborhood. we are all americans, no matter our skin tone.

I would certainly agree that it is unfortunate that there are those who are ignorant enough to think that the arrival of people who are not part of the racial majority
of a neighborhood somehow devalues the neighborhood or it's history.

We absolutely are all part of America, but there is still a significant number of those out there who believe that some are "less" American than others, based on race and religion. That's the "real" America.

Ugly but true.

JMO.

Whites moving into a black area is a threat to the ghetto, and the ghetto is were blacks are most comfortable

You damn straight we should fear and justifully so people that would beat someone for walking down the street. Any color that would make up such a small percentage of the population and cause 50% of death should be feared.

You leftist want gangs and violent people running around killing, raping and destroying property freely...

You damn straight we should fear and justifully so people that would beat someone for walking down the street. Any color that would make up such a small percentage of the population and cause 50% of death should be feared.

You leftist want gangs and violent people running around killing, raping and destroying property freely...

"A color causes 50% of death"........Are you remotely aware of how ignorant and misinformed that sounds?

Last edited:
Any male between 16-25 walking in a group is something to be feared and respected. Looking to fucking destroy and harm innocent people.

In the United States, a White person is almost six times more likely to be killed by another White person than by a Black person, according to FBI homicide data. In 2011, there were more cases of Whites killing Whites than there were Blacks killing Blacks. However, the mainstream media obsesses over Black on Black violence and rarely mentions the problem of White on White violence.
White on White crime more prevalent than Black on Black | Call & Post Newspaper | Cleveland, Ohio

Mexicans are chasing out Blacks all over California and their worrying about white people?:mad:

The question I would ask is if they wanted to preserve history why didnt they either buy it or get it designated as a historical landmark? This has been coming since Jerry Brown was mayor. He announced what he was going to do. I'm from Oakland and I admit it is pretty weird seeing white people downtown at night though. :lol: I think diversity is a great thing in any neighborhood. Forces everyone to accept that people are just people.

Last edited:

The audacity of white people moving into a black neighborhood and making it better!!

Whites moving into a black area is a threat to the ghetto, and the ghetto is were blacks are most comfortable

In this day and age, blacks and whites should let caution be their guide. I wouldn't think either race would want to move into the others` neighborhood. So tragic, but this is what O has done for race relations during the past 5 years, in my opinion. Divide and conquer.

In this day and age, blacks and whites should let caution be their guide. I wouldn't think either race would want to move into the others` neighborhood. ]

Neighborhoods are not 'owned' by races in this country. Some neighborhoods are predominantly populated by people of certain ethnicities, but there is no "their neighborhood" or "your neighborhood."

Forum List

Back