🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we have the Inauguration?

Concerns for COVID are reaching back to the point that Biden is talking lockdowns. Shouldn’t the Inauguration ceremony be substantially modified to very few people and the Parade cancelled?

If Biden and Harris proceed with extravagant ceremony and parade and then try a lockdown, their credibility and legitimacy will be immediately under scrutiny..

Yes we should have an inauguration. Don't worry, it won't look like Obama's in 2008. Much smaller (you know - like Rump's in 2016 ;-) By invitation only with social distancing and masks required. Setting up tables would be a good solution.

As for a parade? Nah - they always sucked and nobody showed up last time. :)

Entitled Kamala Harris will accept nothing less than a full-on gala..

No big public ceremony would be disappointing, but understandable. Perhaps some sort of celebration could be held later, after the virus is more under control.

I was going to attend the Biden inauguration like I did Obama’s. It is quite an event.

But I already decided against it because of COVID. There is no way to avoid getting packed in as you reach the checkpoints. The DC Metro is jammed. The crowds on the mall and parade route pack as tightly as they can.

It would be a superspreader event.

If Sleepy Joe doesn't want to use the mall for an inauguration, that would be a great place for Trump to launch his 2024 campaign.

Concerns for COVID are reaching back to the point that Biden is talking lockdowns. Shouldn’t the Inauguration ceremony be substantially modified to very few people and the Parade cancelled?

If Biden and Harris proceed with extravagant ceremony and parade and then try a lockdown, their credibility and legitimacy will be immediately under scrutiny..
As long as they televise the swearing in ceremony, reciting the oath with the Chief Justice, I have no problem with it. Would like to to see Nancy and Mitch looking on, but not a requirement.

Why would they have to televise it? Most of the inaugural oaths weren't over the years.

Where are you from, Latvia?

Hell I remember JFK's famous excerpt when I saw it live. That was 60 years ago.

I was going to attend the Biden inauguration like I did Obama’s. It is quite an event.

But I already decided against it because of COVID. There is no way to avoid getting packed in as you reach the checkpoints. The DC Metro is jammed. The crowds on the mall and parade route pack as tightly as they can.

It would be a superspreader event.

If Sleepy Joe doesn't want to use the mall for an inauguration, that would be a great place for Trump to launch his 2024 campaign.
It would be a fitting disdain for the safety of his followers

There HAS to be some kind of inauguration.

Millions and millions of people have been literally praying for this day, and God/Fate/Karma has granted their wish.

So it must take place on the steps of the Capitol.

Maybe the guests on the steps will be restricted to a select few.

As for (the) hoi polloi, they will be coming from all corners of the country, so at least some of them should be able to view this historic day: Our incipient A. Hitler will be gone, and America is about to become paradise on earth under the leadership of President Biden & Vice President Harris.

As long as there is a swearing in ceremony (oath of office) of the President-elect, that completes the transfer of power. That's really all that needs to happen...you know besides the incompetent fraud actually leaving the WH and not chaining himself to the Resolute Desk.

That'll go something like

Actually I'm looking forward to the official swearing-out ceremony

For all intents and purposes, they could hold it in Joe Biden's basement.
President Coolidge was sworn in at his father's house, and by his father (a notary public), at 2:00 am if I remember correctly.

President Johnson was sworn in on Air Force 1 by a federal district judge, and was sworn in using a Roman Catholic missal (prayer book), not a Bible.

Well, Trump's two big 4th of July Ceremonies were a huge waste of money according to the left, so how can they justify an inauguration ceremony with Covid around? I mean, Joe couldn't even come out of his basement!

I guess he knew he wouldn't need to.

Besides, Covid is the perfect cover for not having them to hide the fact that few would show up anyway as no one voted FOR HIM, it was all an anti-Trump vote.
80 MILLION no-ones voted for Biden! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back