🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we have the Inauguration?

Concerns for COVID are reaching back to the point that Biden is talking lockdowns. Shouldn’t the Inauguration ceremony be substantially modified to very few people and the Parade cancelled?

If Biden and Harris proceed with extravagant ceremony and parade and then try a lockdown, their credibility and legitimacy will be immediately under scrutiny..
As long as they televise the swearing in ceremony, reciting the oath with the Chief Justice, I have no problem with it. Would like to to see Nancy and Mitch looking on, but not a requirement.

Why would they have to televise it? Most of the inaugural oaths weren't over the years.
Now you are going goofy on us

If Biden and Harris proceed with extravagant ceremony and parade and then try a lockdown, their credibility and legitimacy will be immediately under scrutiny..

It does not matter. Biden is not president. The election was stolen. No need for an inauguration

Electoral college count and popular vote would seem to disagree with you.
The EC vote is a formality. There will be no defection of electors.
Trump lost. Deal with it.

The EC was at 270 Biden 268 Trump for a while (Arizona and Nevada for Biden)
Trump would have a chance to flip a couple of electors and win.

But once Pennsylvania and Georgia flipped to Biden, Trumps chances disappeared.

No flipping of electors, recounts or legal challenges were going to overcome a 306 - 232 advantage

Here was the score in 2016. I wonder if the "faithless" ones received any hand slapping or were replaced?

Concerns for COVID are reaching back to the point that Biden is talking lockdowns. Shouldn’t the Inauguration ceremony be substantially modified to very few people and the Parade cancelled?

I will agree with that. As I said about Trump, lead by example.
It would be something if Trump removed all the troops from the Middle East before the inauguration.

As long as they televise the swearing in ceremony, reciting the oath with the Chief Justice, I have no problem with it. Would like to to see Nancy and Mitch looking on, but not a requirement.

Why would they have to televise it? Most of the inaugural oaths weren't over the years.
I would like to see it. We have the capability. It is historically significant. I am in Tennessee and will not be attending.

Maybe it will be. He didn't hold rallies. The crowd that came to celebrate the night the race was called came in their vehicles and wore masks. Maybe there won't be an Inaugural Ball this year, or an open invitation to the public to witness his swearing in. I wouldn't be surprised.

If we can't have Thanksgiving, why would the Inauguration be any different? Traditions have been broken all year, for a reason.

I was going to attend the Biden inauguration like I did Obama’s. It is quite an event.

But I already decided against it because of COVID. There is no way to avoid getting packed in as you reach the checkpoints. The DC Metro is jammed. The crowds on the mall and parade route pack as tightly as they can.

It would be a superspreader event.

It would be something if Trump removed all the troops from the Middle East before the inauguration.

It would peace in the Middle East if the US troops leave Arabs as you said ... ;)

There HAS to be some kind of inauguration.

Millions and millions of people have been literally praying for this day, and God/Fate/Karma has granted their wish.

So it must take place on the steps of the Capitol.

Maybe the guests on the steps will be restricted to a select few.

As for (the) hoi polloi, they will be coming from all corners of the country, so at least some of them should be able to view this historic day: Our incipient A. Hitler will be gone, and America is about to become paradise on earth under the brilliant leadership of President Biden & Vice President Harris.

How can you have such an extravagant affair with the masses and then turn around and lockdown the economy? If you are taking the radical step of shutting down the economy, yet still feel entitled to big parade and galas during a pandemic, your leadership is going to be compromised.

Agreed, duh. Let it be virtual. There is no reason Biden, if it is Biden, can't be inaugurated right in the White House.

Cancel the big crowd celebration for President Biden, it will save thousands of lives, that Trump would be willing to KILL if he had won.

(The good Lord works in mysterious ways...as the saying goes...) :D

Millions and millions of people have been literally praying for this day, and God/Fate/Karma has granted their wish.

As for (the) hoi polloi, they will be coming from all corners of the country, so at least some of them should be able to view this historic day: Our incipient A. Hitler will be gone, and America is about to become paradise on earth under the brilliant leadership of President Biden & Vice President Harris.

How can you have such an extravagant affair with the masses and then turn around and lockdown the economy? If you are taking the radical step of shutting down the economy, yet still feel entitled to big parade and galas during a pandemic, your leadership is going to be compromised.

But they are Democrats.

They can do anything they like!

I said years ago when he first claimed he was going to bring the troops home from Afghanistan that if he did that I would vote for him.

I didn't have to live up to that promise.

When was President-Elect Biden talking about lockdowns? Got a link?

Yes, the inauguration should look very different this year. No parties, no parades.

For all intents and purposes, they could hold it in Joe Biden's basement.
President Coolidge was sworn in at his father's house, and by his father (a notary public), at 2:00 am if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Oh NOW you take the virus seriously?

You're only 9 months late

Yes we should have an inauguration. Don't worry, it won't look like Obama's in 2008. Much smaller (you know - like Rump's in 2016 ;-) By invitation only with social distancing and masks required. Setting up tables would be a good solution.

As for a parade? Nah - they always suck and nobody showed up last time. :)

Last edited:

I wonder if Joe Bite Me Biden even remembers where the steps of the Capital are anymore?

I have no doubt it will be. Especially with some older folks there like Jimmy Carter.
Basically look at how they handled the party convention(s).

Well, Trump's two big 4th of July Ceremonies were a huge waste of money according to the left, so how can they justify an inauguration ceremony with Covid around? I mean, Joe couldn't even come out of his basement!

I guess he knew he wouldn't need to.

Besides, Covid is the perfect cover for not having them to hide the fact that few would show up anyway as no one voted FOR HIM, it was all an anti-Trump vote.

The inauguration and parade are outside events, so they probably can be managed with masks and social distancing. The inaugural balls might have to be postponed.

Forum List

Back