🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we make the corporate tax rate 0%?

That's his point. Most corporations make a conscious decision to avoid taxes. I think the issue is some democrats expect corporations to be stupid enough to pay taxes that they don't have to pay if they decide to invest in their employees or future earnings instead.

Really you'd have to be the biggest dumb ass in the corporate world if you can't figure out how to have zero profit.

Well yea, but I don't know what he's upset about (or what point he's trying to make). The tax code in many respects encourages a corporation to reinvest in the business due to the fact that things like A&M, repairs, etc, can all be deducted before reaching your net income.

You can't tax a business based on their revenue, which is what some people here are suggesting.
Well, yes it does. The question then remains though – do you support making corporate tax rates 0%?

Should we keep the high tax to influence companies to reinvest that cash?

I don’t think we should BUT there is an argument there that the tax rate encourages the use of the money rather than the stockpiling of it.

Well my view is that 35% is way too high. Should we take it to 0%? Maybe eventually, but definitely not right away. I'd be happy seeing a 5-10% tax rate.

I mean, at the end of the day there ARE infrastructures that corporations will use everyday (roads, etc) that I think might build a case for at least some taxation.

But it definitely needs to come down if we want to remain competitive..

So you asked for an example of a company that is unprofitable and sitting on piles of cash. I provide it, and in response you shit your pants and compare our tax policy to the USSR. Why would you expect corporations to pay corporate income tax on personal income paid to employees? Are you retarded, or just mentally handicapped?

Facebook did what the OWS shitters like Onepercenter demand, they gave back to the employees.

Think we'll see any shtters or Obamunists praising them? Should we hold our breath? :dunno:

American corporations are allowed to base their operations off shore in order to get cheap labor. How can Americans buy any of those products without the jobs that pay enough to buy them? McJobs don't pay enough to pay for basic necessities like food and rent, let alone luxuries like computers or $400.00 cell phones.
The majority of this country is for raising the minimum wage. The only ones against it are making more than that. But with the SCOTUS declaring that corporations are people, and are allowed to buy the government, it's only a short time before 95% of this country will be getting paid McJob wages. It's already well under way. Teachers wages and auto factory wages are being destroyed. Unions are being destroyed to get lower wages.
With corporate taxes at 0%, that leaves YOU with more to pay.

American corporations are allowed to base their operations off shore in order to get cheap labor. How can Americans buy any of those products without the jobs that pay enough to buy them? McJobs don't pay enough to pay for basic necessities like food and rent, let alone luxuries like computers or $400.00 cell phones.
The majority of this country is for raising the minimum wage. The only ones against it are making more than that. But with the SCOTUS declaring that corporations are people, and are allowed to buy the government, it's only a short time before 95% of this country will be getting paid McJob wages. It's already well under way. Teachers wages and auto factory wages are being destroyed. Unions are being destroyed to get lower wages.

So, what you're saying then is....

workers-of-the-world-unite.png

I don't agree with this analysis at all (that 95% of the country will earn the minimum wage) and I have few points I'd like you to think about;

1.) Let's say we raise minimum wage to $15, and to combat this cost increase McDonald's lays off half of it's workforce and replaces them with machines (because from a $ perspective it now makes sense). Are the workers better off? You obviously can't regulate how many employees McDonald's must use to run a restaurant.

2.) Let's say we raise minimum wage to $15 and to combat this cost increase all of the food manufacturers of the world begin raising prices on milk, meat, orange juice, etc. The worker now makes 2x more in wage, but food now costs 2-3x more. is everyone better off? Was this a "win"?

You need to approach this from all sides of the equation..

Last edited:

I don't agree with this analysis at all (that 95% of the country will earn the minimum wage) and I have few points I'd like you to think about;

1.) Let's say we raise minimum wage to $15, and to combat this cost increase McDonald's lays off half of it's workforce and replaces them with machines (because from a $ perspective it now makes sense). Are the workers better off? You obviously can't regulate how many employees McDonald's must use to run a restaurant.

2.) Let's say we raise minimum wage to $15 and to combat this cost increase all of the food manufacturers of the world begin raising prices on milk, meat, orange juice, etc. The worker now makes 2x more in wage, but food now costs 2-3x more. is everyone better off? Was this a "win"?

You should look at all sides of the equation too. CEO's are making 1,000 times what they were in the 60's. Workers are making half of what they were in the 60's, accounting for inflation. Corporations profits are up 3,000%. Workers are producing twice as much for half the pay. Corporate taxes are 90% less, the national debt is up $17 trillion. Reality dictates that this must end.

You should look at all sides of the equation too. CEO's are making 1,000 times what they were in the 60's. Workers are making half of what they were in the 60's, accounting for inflation. Corporations profits are up 3,000%. Workers are producing twice as much for half the pay. Corporate taxes are 90% less, the national debt is up $17 trillion. Reality dictates that this must end.

And once again, YOU should look at all sides of the equation too, lol.

1.) CEO pay is up so much since the sixties primarily because what was once 10 companies across 10 regions in 1964 is now one gigantic company that spans the globe. A CEO job for managing 800,000 employees in 2014 is simply going to command a higher salary than a CEO managing only 600 in 1964. There’s nothing sinister about that, right?

2.) Workers are producing more because technology has made production much more efficient, and they’re making less because they now reside in China. And can you blame them? If you make product A in the USA and then try to sell against product B made in China that costs 40% less, who's going to win out? If anything it's the consumer's fault for focusing only on price and very little about the means in which the good was produced.

3.) Corporate taxes are down 90% in the USA? What source did you pull that from?

Last edited:
Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy: During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%--and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

Super-low tax rates on rich people also appear to be correlated with unsustainable sugar highs in the economy--brief, enjoyable booms followed by protracted busts. They also appear to be correlated with very high inequality. (For example, see the 1920s and now).

Periods of very low tax rates have been followed by periods with very high tax rates, and vice versa. So history suggests that tax rates will soon start going up.

Read more: THE HISTORY OF TAXES: Here's How High Today's Rates Really Are - Business Insider

THE HISTORY OF TAXES: Here's How High Today's Rates Really Are - Business Insider

Trying to justify corporate greed will not fix the national debt, or lower your taxes. When theirs goes down yours goes up.

Last edited:
This shall be paid for eliminating useless leftist government programs.

The good things from this?

Many MANY Jobs will be created in America, since companies will return to their homeland.

I don't see it. They'll end up with a refund at that point, and they already get too much for damned little, or even a deficit of contribution. You fucking people will voluntarily cut your own damned throats so long as the alligator eats you last. Breathe, mother fucker, breathe DEEP, because the holding your breath codicil is coming up quick, and you sold out every last motherfucker you knew thinking they wouldn't come for you.

Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy: During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%--and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

Super-low tax rates on rich people also appear to be correlated with unsustainable sugar highs in the economy--brief, enjoyable booms followed by protracted busts. They also appear to be correlated with very high inequality. (For example, see the 1920s and now).

Periods of very low tax rates have been followed by periods with very high tax rates, and vice versa. So history suggests that tax rates will soon start going up.

Read more: THE HISTORY OF TAXES: Here's How High Today's Rates Really Are - Business Insider

THE HISTORY OF TAXES: Here's How High Today's Rates Really Are - Business Insider

Trying to justify corporate greed will not fix the national debt, or lower your taxes. When theirs goes down yours goes up.

Alright, again Hangover you’re mixing up a bunch of things (corporate rate vs individual income tax rate) and I still don’t think you’re seeing the whole picture.

First off, corporate tax rates were never at 90%. I believe they peaked at about 50% somewhere in the 1950’s and have declined ever since. The top personal income tax rate WAS 90% but it’s a documented fact that no one ever paid that much (ie the effective rate) because the code was full of loopholes and the whole system was still "new" (most people in the 1940's had no idea what an "income tax" was). Also, do the majority of ultra-rich people make their income via salary or investments (think Warren Buffet, Bill Gates)? Note the capital gains tax in 1950 = capital gains tax in 2014.

Secondly, to attribute taxation to the boom we experienced in 1950 is (in my opinion) very silly. Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy and all these huge manufacturing behemoths stood in shambles in the beginning of the 1950s (destroyed by WWII), and the United States basically had an open stage to dominate in business for the next 10 years because obviously none of the fighting had taken place here at home (besides Pearl Harbor, of course). Logically, I would think THIS would be a much better explanation for the boom vs attributing it to... more money being taken from individuals/businesses..

Last edited:
one must understand the difference between an accounting/tax profit and a profit that is the difference between income and expenses.

You are correct that a business can continue indefinitely without an accounting or tax profit, but it will not survive if expenses exceed income.

I wish I had a million dollars for each of the corporations that continue, seemingly indefinitely, without either an accounting or tax profit. Matter of fact some companies appear to revel in loosing money for their owners. Go figure.

There are no such companies. The IRS always audits them and then shuts them down.

Or collects what the company owes.
BTW, Pro sports franchises are habitual money burners. But the team is usually owned as a subsidiary or as a company within a corporation. This allows the sports club to lose money every year and not come under scrutiny.
half the teams in the NHL either just break even or lose money.
Same goes for MLB clubs. Neither of these leagues have a revenue sharing plan.
Most NFL teams turn a profit because of revenue sharing of the tv contracts.

The majority of this country is for raising the minimum wage.

People who don't understand economics are in favor of lots of bad ideas.

McJobs don't pay enough to pay for basic necessities like food and rent, let alone luxuries like computers or $400.00 cell phones.

Especially with 20 million illegals driving down McJob wages.

But with the SCOTUS declaring that corporations are people, and are allowed to buy the government,

Why not, unions have been buying government for many decades

Teachers wages and auto factory wages are being destroyed. Unions are being destroyed to get lower wages.

Unions did such a great job with Detroit.

"CEO's are making 1,000 times what they were in the 60's."
So what?
"Workers are making half of what they were in the 60's,"
That is a lie....
" Corporations profits are up 3,000%."
Really? According to whom?
". Workers are producing twice as much for half the pay."
Production is up due to technology and more efficient work procedures, tools and implements.
For example, landscapers can cut lawns much faster because they use modern equipment.
Is it your assertion that they should use 20" reel mowers so that they would hire more workers?
Should auto plants go back to making cars by hand?
Shut up.
"the national debt is up $17 trillion"
Debt is created by too much spending and borrowing.
Government must get its fiscal house in order.

This shall be paid for eliminating useless leftist government programs.

The good things from this?

Many MANY Jobs will be created in America, since companies will return to their homeland.

I don't see it. They'll end up with a refund at that point, and they already get too much for damned little, or even a deficit of contribution. You fucking people will voluntarily cut your own damned throats so long as the alligator eats you last. Breathe, mother fucker, breathe DEEP, because the holding your breath codicil is coming up quick, and you sold out every last motherfucker you knew thinking they wouldn't come for you.

Your lack of anger management is proof you have no valid argument.

"CEO's are making 1,000 times what they were in the 60's."
So what?
"Workers are making half of what they were in the 60's,"
That is a lie....
" Corporations profits are up 3,000%."
Really? According to whom?
". Workers are producing twice as much for half the pay."
Production is up due to technology and more efficient work procedures, tools and implements.
For example, landscapers can cut lawns much faster because they use modern equipment.
Is it your assertion that they should use 20" reel mowers so that they would hire more workers?
Should auto plants go back to making cars by hand?
Shut up.
"the national debt is up $17 trillion"
Debt is created by too much spending and borrowing.
Government must get its fiscal house in order.

If the libs would spend half the time on figuring out how to earn more than they do worrying avout what other people earn they would not care what others make.

Another article from the Citizens for Tax Justice data, and an image I found. Amazon has kept a borderline, or below borderline, profit its whole existence.
Apple, Google, Amazon Pay Corporate Income Tax Well Below Official Rate
Apple paid a top tax rate of just 9.8 percent in 2011, the report says. Google paid a rate of 11.9 percent, while Yahoo paid 11.6 percent and Microsoft paid 18.9 percent. Xerox paid 7.3 percent of its income in taxes, while Amazon paid only 3.5 percent, according to the report.

None of these instances is as egregious as, say, General Electric, which was once infamously reported to have paid no federal income taxes in 2008, 2009 or 2010 -- an assertion that the company disputed -- and which has reportedly paid an average corporate tax rate of just 2.3 percent over the past decade, according to an analysis by the group Citizens for Tax Justice.

Still, among those familiar with tax policy, the practices described in the Greenlining report might raise some eyebrows. For the sake of comparison, the report says, Apple (and Xerox and Amazon) paid a lower tax rate in 2011 than an American household making $42,500 a year.

How the Revenue/Income game is played. All a corporation has to do is push income into something, even CEO pay, and it is not "income" but "operating costs".
Screen-Shot-2013-06-04-at-9.46.10-AM2.png

Hey knucklehead. Did it ever occur to you that there are now several large on line sellers which have increased competition resulting in lower prices.
Operating costs are tied to many factors. The largest portion of operating costs is labor. Obviously Amazon has increased wages to their workers.

Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy:

Yes, super high rates are good for the economy because........because liberals say so.

During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%--and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

It's amazing what no competition will do.

Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy:

Yes, super high rates are good for the economy because........because liberals say so.

During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%--and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

It's amazing what no competition will do.

What's amazing is that the top 1% paid a smaller percentage of their income in taxes when the rates were 90%

Loopholes had the well connected paying nothing.

So you asked for an example of a company that is unprofitable and sitting on piles of cash. I provide it, and in response you shit your pants and compare our tax policy to the USSR. Why would you expect corporations to pay corporate income tax on personal income paid to employees? Are you retarded, or just mentally handicapped?

Facebook did what the OWS shitters like Onepercenter demand, they gave back to the employees.

Think we'll see any shtters or Obamunists praising them? Should we hold our breath? :dunno:

If you pay your employees well the dumbocrats scream you are avoiding corporate income tax. If you don't pay your employees well the dumbocrats complain you are hoarding cash for the executives.

So basically corporations are evil and they should give all their money to the dumbocrat that crys the loudest. ROFL

Last edited:

If you pay your employees well the dumbocrats scream you are avoiding corporate income tax. If you don't pay your employees well the dumbocrats complain you are hoarding cash for the executives.

So basically corporations are evil and they should give all their money to the dumbocrat the crys loudest. ROFL

This is what I never understood; a lot of folks who are left leaning will agree when you say “the government is corrupt” due to things like excessive campaign contributions, YET still believe it’s a good idea to give more money to the government.

Those two thoughts shouldn’t be compatible.

Forum List

Back