🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we make the corporate tax rate 0%?

Facebook did what the OWS shitters like Onepercenter demand, they gave back to the employees.

Think we'll see any shtters or Obamunists praising them? Should we hold our breath? :dunno:

If you pay your employees well the dumbocrats scream you are avoiding corporate income tax. If you don't pay your employees well the dumbocrats complain you are hoarding cash for the executives.

So basically corporations are evil and they should give all their money to the dumbocrat the crys loudest. ROFL

This is what I never understood; a lot of folks who are left leaning will agree when you say “the government is corrupt” due to things like excessive campaign contributions, YET still believe it’s a good idea to give more money to the government.

Those two thoughts shouldn’t be compatible.

Doublethink – it is damn near a requirement in that line of thought.

If you pay your employees well the dumbocrats scream you are avoiding corporate income tax. If you don't pay your employees well the dumbocrats complain you are hoarding cash for the executives.

So basically corporations are evil and they should give all their money to the dumbocrat that crys the loudest. ROFL

This is what I never understood; a lot of folks who are left leaning will agree when you say “the government is corrupt” due to things like excessive campaign contributions, YET still believe it’s a good idea to give more money to the government.

Doublethink... maybe for some it's cognitive dissonance, or some other form of mental handicap.

For others, it's more likely they are just fraudsters, scum, criminals, dregs, and other miscreants that go through life getting some sort of sexual pleasure from hurting as many people as possible while hiding behind government as a shield for their deviant attacks.

So basically corporations are evil and they should give all their money to the dumbocrat the crys loudest. ROFL

Actually just reread 1984 recently, funny you mention.

Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy: During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%--and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

Super-low tax rates on rich people also appear to be correlated with unsustainable sugar highs in the economy--brief, enjoyable booms followed by protracted busts. They also appear to be correlated with very high inequality. (For example, see the 1920s and now).

Periods of very low tax rates have been followed by periods with very high tax rates, and vice versa. So history suggests that tax rates will soon start going up.

Read more: THE HISTORY OF TAXES: Here's How High Today's Rates Really Are - Business Insider

THE HISTORY OF TAXES: Here's How High Today's Rates Really Are - Business Insider

Trying to justify corporate greed will not fix the national debt, or lower your taxes. When theirs goes down yours goes up.

Alright, again Hangover you’re mixing up a bunch of things (corporate rate vs individual income tax rate) and I still don’t think you’re seeing the whole picture.

First off, corporate tax rates were never at 90%. I believe they peaked at about 50% somewhere in the 1950’s and have declined ever since. The top personal income tax rate WAS 90% but it’s a documented fact that no one ever paid that much (ie the effective rate) because the code was full of loopholes and the whole system was still "new" (most people in the 1940's had no idea what an "income tax" was). Also, do the majority of ultra-rich people make their income via salary or investments (think Warren Buffet, Bill Gates)? Note the capital gains tax in 1950 = capital gains tax in 2014.

Secondly, to attribute taxation to the boom we experienced in 1950 is (in my opinion) very silly. Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy and all these huge manufacturing behemoths stood in shambles in the beginning of the 1950s (destroyed by WWII), and the United States basically had an open stage to dominate in business for the next 10 years because obviously none of the fighting had taken place here at home (besides Pearl Harbor, of course). Logically, I would think THIS would be a much better explanation for the boom vs attributing it to... more money being taken from individuals/businesses..

You're still trying to justify republican greed. You can't dispute the fact, that since Raygun and the Shrubs have given welfare to the rich and corporations, the national debt has gone up $16 trillion. And if you really believe it's going to be paid off by the poor and middle class, you must also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. It's corporations and the rich that have all the money. Only they can pay it off. And if they don't, they only destroy the money they love so much. Oops! Too late.

You're still trying to justify republican greed. You can't dispute the fact, that since Raygun and the Shrubs have given welfare to the rich and corporations, the national debt has gone up $16 trillion. And if you really believe it's going to be paid off by the poor and middle class, you must also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. It's corporations and the rich that have all the money. Only they can pay it off. And if they don't, they only destroy the money they love so much. Oops! Too late.

Republican greed? You don’t think the Democrats also get hundreds of millions in campaign funding from corporations? You do realize the Pharmaceutical industry was one of Obama’s top donors in 2008, and he went on to let them write gigantic portions of the “Affordable” Healthcare bill right? You need to break free of this adolescent mindset (sorry, but there's no other way to put it) that Republicans are evil and Democrats are good. They both play the game.

Goldman Sachs didn't slip Obama $1,000,000 in campaign dollars in 2008 because they liked his views on gay marriage or marijuana legalization, I assure you.

You speak about corporations - in a blanketed way - like they’re this “evil” group that we need to “combat”. Who do you think provides a majority of jobs in the United States? Who do you think provided that computer you’re using, or the software you’re using, or the food you’re eating, or the car and gas you use to drive to work, or the toilet you use to go to the bathroom, or the shoes you wear, or the convenient coffee maker you use in the morning, or the cellphone you use, etc, etc, etc? Unless you’re living in a cabin in the woods and hunting for your own food, chances are the majority of things you use and eat are provided to you (at low cost) by a corporation.

Would you like seeing those prices skyrocket? Would you like seeing hundreds of thousands of layoffs? Would you like seeing less products and less innovations on the market? Would you like seeing less competition? Then keep advocating for higher taxes on the corporation because that’s where it’s going to get you.

Giving the Federal Government MORE money won't solve our problems, Hangover.

I'm just urging you to take a second and think about all the angles here.

Last edited:
Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy: During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%--and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

Super-low tax rates on rich people also appear to be correlated with unsustainable sugar highs in the economy--brief, enjoyable booms followed by protracted busts. They also appear to be correlated with very high inequality. (For example, see the 1920s and now).

Periods of very low tax rates have been followed by periods with very high tax rates, and vice versa. So history suggests that tax rates will soon start going up.

Read more: THE HISTORY OF TAXES: Here's How High Today's Rates Really Are - Business Insider

THE HISTORY OF TAXES: Here's How High Today's Rates Really Are - Business Insider

Trying to justify corporate greed will not fix the national debt, or lower your taxes. When theirs goes down yours goes up.

Alright, again Hangover you’re mixing up a bunch of things (corporate rate vs individual income tax rate) and I still don’t think you’re seeing the whole picture.

First off, corporate tax rates were never at 90%. I believe they peaked at about 50% somewhere in the 1950’s and have declined ever since. The top personal income tax rate WAS 90% but it’s a documented fact that no one ever paid that much (ie the effective rate) because the code was full of loopholes and the whole system was still "new" (most people in the 1940's had no idea what an "income tax" was). Also, do the majority of ultra-rich people make their income via salary or investments (think Warren Buffet, Bill Gates)? Note the capital gains tax in 1950 = capital gains tax in 2014.

Secondly, to attribute taxation to the boom we experienced in 1950 is (in my opinion) very silly. Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy and all these huge manufacturing behemoths stood in shambles in the beginning of the 1950s (destroyed by WWII), and the United States basically had an open stage to dominate in business for the next 10 years because obviously none of the fighting had taken place here at home (besides Pearl Harbor, of course). Logically, I would think THIS would be a much better explanation for the boom vs attributing it to... more money being taken from individuals/businesses..

Whah the republicans have all the money... Cry why won't they give me their money.. sniffle republicans are mean they want to keep what they own....

What a dumb ass. Democrats have just as much if not more money you fool. There are just as many Republicans in the middle class as there are democrats you lazy ass biggot.

You need to learn a trade and get a job, fool. The only thing worse than a fool, is a crybaby. How you managed to become a crying fool, may be a crying shame for your life, but I have no intention of bending over to your demands to turn this country into a shit hole of marxist crap.

Last edited:

Whah the republicans have all the money... Cry why won't they give me their money.. sniffle republicans are mean they want to keep what they own....

What a dumb ass. Democrats have just as much if not more money you fool. There are just as many Republicans in the middle class as there are democrats you lazy ass biggot.

You need to learn a trade and get a job, fool. The only thing worse than a fool, is a crybaby. How you managed to become a crying fool, may be a crying shame for your life, but I have no intention of bending over to your demands to turn this country into a shit hole of marxist crap.
then you like Obama? Corporate profits and stock market up. Deficits low unemployment going down the rich have never been richer. Housing is even back. Stimulus worked. What bad can you say? Wages are low? Waaa get a better job then right?

And democrats don't have as much money. The 1% now has half of the nations wealth. Use to be 1/3. Now add in all the dumb poor and middle class people who vote gop and they win. But maybe with warren buffet on our side its a wash.

then you like Obama? Corporate profits and stock market up. Deficits low unemployment going down the rich have never been richer. Housing is even back. Stimulus worked. What bad can you say? Wages are low? Waaa get a better job then right?
Pulese. The value of the dollar went through the floor, so yeah it takes more money to buy real things, thus the prices are going up on the stock market, and given that our stocks are being pumped at the fed discount window. Just wait till the cash bubble pops ROFL. Gonna make the great depression look like a party. As to the realestate market? The banks are holding onto the properties they bought using tax dollars to artificially hold the home values up. As to employment.. ROFL yeah like 10million less jobs than before Obama took over is a good thing. ROFL The unemployment rate is down because the turds ran out of unemployment insurance. We have more adults working part time than ever before, taking the jobs that the teenagers used to work. Obama economy is akin to a communist meltdown. The guy makes Carter look like an economic genius.

Last edited:

Deficits low

OMG! STFU!

unemployment going down

Participation rate, dropping like a rock. Part-time jobs replacing full-time.
Welfare at record levels.

Stimulus worked. What bad can you say?

It didn't work. Your education failed you.

Pulese. The value of the dollar went through the floor, so yeah it takes more money to buy real things, thus the prices are going up on the stock market, and given that our stocks are being pumped at the fed discount window. Just wait till the cash bubble pops ROFL. Gonna make the great depression look like a party. As to the realestate market? The banks are holding onto the properties they bought using tax dollars to artificially hold the home values up. As to employment.. ROFL yeah like 10million less jobs than before Obama took over is a good thing. ROFL The unemployment rate is down because the turds ran out of unemployment insurance. We have more adults working part time than ever before, taking the jobs that the teenagers used to work. Obama economy is akin to a communist meltdown. The guy makes Carter look like an economic genius.

Primary credit (Discount Window Loans) are currently at $2 milliom. MILLION, with an M.

FRB: H.4.1 Release--Factors Affecting Reserve Balances--February 27, 2014

And democrats don't have as much money. The 1% now has half of the nations wealth. Use to be 1/3. Now add in all the dumb poor and middle class people who vote gop and they win. But maybe with warren buffet on our side its a wash.

If the Republicans are the ones who mainly work in favor of the super rich (ie people who own the grand majority of the nation’s wealth), then why on earth did Mitt Romney raise only $340 million to Obama’s $556 million in the 2012 election cycle?

Last edited:

Primary credit (Discount Window Loans) are currently at $2 milliom. MILLION, with an M.

Well this explains your confusion from the other day. If you read a number that is stated to be in millions and it shows 2,973,439 what that really means is $2,973,439,000,000.00

Note please, where it says "Millions of dollars" before presenting each chart.

Trillion with a T.

Last edited:

LMAO. You should really look at your source a little better next time. You are not even in the ballpark.
:slap:

pssst - here is a hint: VIRTUALLY NOTHING the federal government puts out in a chart is ever in actual dollars. It is ALMOST ALWAYS in millions+ because the government is so damn large.

Well this explains your confusion from the other day. If you read a number that is stated to be in millions and it shows 2,973,439 what that really means is $2,973,439,000,000.00

Trillion with a T.

Well this explains your confusion from the other day.

Pointing out your ignorance about "how the system works" doesn't confuse me at all.

Note please where it says "2" after Primary Credit, banks are borrowing $2 million at the Discount Window.

2,973,439 what that really means is $2,973,439,000,000.00

If you don't know the difference between "banks borrowing" and "Fed holdings of Treasuries", you must have failed out of a public school.

LMAO. You should really look at your source a little better next time. You are not even in the ballpark.

pssst - here is a hint: VIRTUALLY NOTHING the federal government puts out in a chart is ever in actual dollars. It is ALMOST ALWAYS in millions+ because the government is so damn large.

Pssst, here's a hint, banks are only borrowing $2 million from the Fed's Discount Window.

Pssst, here's a hint, banks are only borrowing $2 million from the Fed's Discount Window.
You are looking at the overnight one day loans?

Most of the fed window loans are longer term then primary credit. It's my understanding that TAF and TALF are/were the main pumps used to "fix" the recession.
http://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/bst_table1popup.htm

Did you note the 1.5T held by the fed in mortage lending?

You pointed to one of the fed pumps.. but that is just one of many. Looks like it's no longer the preferred one.

Last edited:
U.S._Federal_Reserve_-_Treasury_and_Mortgage-Backed_Securities_Held.png

Forum List

Back