🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we make the corporate tax rate 0%?

LMAO. You should really look at your source a little better next time. You are not even in the ballpark.
:slap:

pssst - here is a hint: VIRTUALLY NOTHING the federal government puts out in a chart is ever in actual dollars. It is ALMOST ALWAYS in millions+ because the government is so damn large.

Pssst, here's a hint, banks are only borrowing $2 million from the Fed's Discount Window.
You are looking at the overnight one day loans?

Most of the fed window loans are longer term then primary credit. It's my understanding that TAF and TALF are/were the main pumps used to "fix" the recession.
FRB: Table 1 description from Fed's balance sheet

Did you note the 1.5T held by the fed in mortage lending?

You pointed to one of the fed pumps.. but that is just one of many. Looks like it's no longer the preferred one.

It's my understanding that TAF and TALF are/were the main pumps used to "fix" the recession.

I'm not talking about events 5 years ago, I'm talking about today.
Today, banks are borrowing $2 million from the Fed Discount Window while banks are
lending the Fed over $2.4 trillion.

Of course, based on your claim.

You say, "anks are currently lending the Fed trillions, not borrowing." Huh? The way the fed system works is the fed lets the federal reserve banks borrow money from the fed and pay the fed back interest at the federal discount lending rate.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...antees-rising-inequality-156.html#post8655574

Yes, the Fed bought MBS. Not to be confused with "the Fed lent to banks".

Pssst, here's a hint, banks are only borrowing $2 million from the Fed's Discount Window.

Most of the fed window loans are longer term then primary credit. It's my understanding that TAF and TALF are/were the main pumps used to "fix" the recession.

You pointed to one of the fed pumps.. but that is just one of many. Looks like it's no longer the preferred one.

It's my understanding that TAF and TALF are/were the main pumps used to "fix" the recession.

Today, banks are borrowing $2 million from the Fed Discount Window while banks are

You say, "anks are currently lending the Fed trillions, not borrowing." Huh? The way the fed system works is the fed lets the federal reserve banks borrow money from the fed and pay the fed back interest at the federal discount lending rate.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...antees-rising-inequality-156.html#post8655574

Why ignore all the other loans like TAF? You only give a shit about showing one portion of a number of lending tools that forked from the discount window? Huh?

ROFL... they expanded credit by FIFTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS using the discount window (which included TAF and TALF) in a very short period of time. They used that money to BUY UP EVERYTHING THEY COULD AT A DISCOUNT. That was my claim, and I've provided my proof. Your attempt at proof they didn't is merely based on a very small snap shot of time, for one week to be specific and ignoring the other discount window based loans. Yeah I'm so impressed you found one of many types of discount window loan systems that wasn't being used that week because the others discount window programs were being used instead. The issue is not what they do in one week the issue is and was what they do and did over the last number of years and more particularly what they are doing with the money, as shown in the balance sheet.

Put down your shovel.

Last edited:

Why ignore all the other loans like TAF? You only give a shit about showing number after the gluttons have finished borrowing? Huh?

ROFL... they expanded credit by FIFTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS using the discount window (which included TAF and TALF) in a very short period of time. They used that money to BUY UP EVERYTHING THEY COULD AT A DISCOUNT. That was my claim, and I've provided my proof. Your proof they didn't is merely based on a very small snap shot of time, one week to be specific. The issue is not what they do in one week the issue is and was what they do over the year and more particularly what they are doing with the money they got for free via these programs.

Put down your shovel.

Why ignore all the other loans like TAF?

They're borrowing a massive $96 million thru TAF.

they expanded credit by FIFTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS using the discount window (which included TAF and TALF) in a very short period of time. They used that money to BUY UP EVERYTHING THEY COULD AT A DISCOUNT.

They bought up a bunch of stuff with overnight loans? How'd they pay back the loans?

The issue is not what they do in one week the issue is and was what they do over the year and more particularly what they are doing with the money they got for free via these programs.

The Discount Window loans were not free. And they were paid back, years and years ago.

Put down your shovel.

As soon as I dig out your pile of errors.

The loans were paid back to who? I showed you where the total was 15T over a small time span. Why focus on the amount loaned a single week? What's your point? You think that's the total outstanding balance? ROFL

Your accusation was the money cartel banks used came entirely from "customer deposits." ROFL

Unlimited expansion of credit is not from deposits. Nor is corporate tax the same thing as personal income tax. dogs and cats...

Last edited:
Fed-assets6-13.png

This is not from deposits.

fed-assets6-13.png

this is not from deposits.

you know the $2.4 trillion that banks are lending to the fed?

The fed uses that money to buy stuff.

Let me know if i can explain anything else for you, glad to help.

You just keep on dreaming that the cartel built the assets in these charts from consumer deposits. ROFL

If you keep confusing the Central Bank with commercial banks, people will think (correctly) that you're ignorant.

Fed-assets6-13.png

You see, Federal Reserve Banks (the government ones), expanded their balance sheets in reaction to the crisis. They did that by creating money out of thin air and buying assets with it. They continue to do this, buying US Treasuries and MBS. No customer deposits needed, because they can create money out of thin air.

This is good, we're making progress. Let me know if you need more help.

you know the $2.4 trillion that banks are lending to the fed?

The fed uses that money to buy stuff.

Let me know if i can explain anything else for you, glad to help.

You just keep on dreaming that the cartel built the assets in these charts from consumer deposits. ROFL

If you keep confusing the Central Bank with commercial banks, people will think (correctly) that you're ignorant.

Fed-assets6-13.png

You see, Federal Reserve Banks (the government ones), expanded their balance sheets in reaction to the crisis. They did that by creating money out of thin air and buying assets with it. They continue to do this, buying US Treasuries and MBS. No customer deposits needed, because they can create money out of thin air.

I never confused our central banking system with commercial banking operations. That is just a blanking lie.

As to the rest of these statements, they are direct quotes of what I said, that you originally said was incorrect. Glad to see you finally understand what is going on.

Fed-assets6-13.png

I never confused our central banking system with commercial banking operations. That is just a blanking lie.

As to the rest of these statements, they are direct quotes of what I said, that you originally said was incorrect. Glad to see you finally understand what is going on.

The fact that you discussed customer deposits in relation to a graph of Federal Reserve Bank assets proves that you are still confused about the difference between the types of banks.

As to the rest of these statements, they are direct quotes of what I said, that you originally said was incorrect.

Your errors are still errors.
Not sure which ones you feel I've flipped on, but, as usual, you are confused.

Fed-assets6-13.png

The fact that you discussed customer deposits in relation to a graph of Federal Reserve Bank assets proves that you are still confused about the difference between the types of banks.

As to the rest of these statements, they are direct quotes of what I said, that you originally said was incorrect.

retard

retard

Getting angry when I point out your errors makes you sound like a liberal.

Did I hurt your self esteem? LOL!

retard

I made no errors, on this topic. Your just a lying retard. I'm still waiting for your proof that the 2m on the prime discount window is proof that these chart's don't exist or more particularly that 15T wasn't loaned out through the various fed discount window programs, as was my original statement that you freaked out about. You appear to have a gross problem with time and terms. You thought, 2m was proof that the feds were not using magic money to buy assets. You were wrong. You freaked out because I called the fed banks / central bank out as a cartel. Now you are just plain deflecting.

Last edited:

I made no errors, on this topic. Your just a lying retard. I'm still waiting for your proof that the 2m on the prime discount window is proof that these chart's don't exist or more particularly that 15T wasn't loaned out through the various fed discount window programs, as was my original statement that you freaked out about. You appear to have a gross problem with time and terms. You thought, 2m was proof that the feds were not using magic money to buy assets. You were wrong. You freaked out because I called the fed banks / central bank out as a cartel. Now you are just plain deflecting.

I made no errors, on this topic.

Baloney. I've corrected a string of your errors.

Your just a lying retard.

You tend to project when I correct you.

I'm still waiting for your proof that the 2m on the prime discount window is proof that these chart's don't exist

Since I never claimed that the current, incredibly low level of discount window borrowings, had anything to do with previous, very high levels of borrowing, I'm not sure why you feel I need to prove anything about your charts. It's probably your confusion, again.

or more particularly that 15T wasn't loaned out through the various fed discount window programs,

Since I never denied previous loans, I'm not sure why you feel I need to prove anything about them. It's probably your confusion, again.

as was my original statement that you freaked out about.

You've posted many, many errors. When I pointed them out, I was not "freaking out".

Here was your original statement, that I corrected, that started another string of your errors.

The point about the cartel is that they get trillions of dollars at a discount rate. They pay a negligible amount of interest for it. They can borrow the same amount the next year +plus the amount of interest they owe and use the new funds to pay back the old funds.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...antees-rising-inequality-156.html#post8655115

As you now see, banks are not borrowing trillions at the Discount Window, they're borrowing $2 million. Plus another $96 million from TALF.

You thought, 2m was proof that the feds were not using magic money to buy assets.

Huh? The $2 million banks are borrowing has nothing to do with Fed asset purchases.
Any claim that it does was manufactured in your mind, not posted by me.

You freaked out because I called the fed banks / central bank out as a cartel.

It's true, I mocked your silly characterization.

The loans were paid back to who? I showed you where the total was 15T over a small time span. Why focus on the amount loaned a single week? What's your point? You think that's the total outstanding balance? ROFL

Your accusation was the money cartel banks used came entirely from "customer deposits." ROFL

Unlimited expansion of credit is not from deposits. Nor is corporate tax the same thing as personal income tax. dogs and cats...

The loans were paid back to who?

The Fed.

I showed you where the total was 15T over a small time span.

Yes, during the crisis, the Fed opened the spigots.

Why focus on the amount loaned a single week?

Because I said, in an earlier post, that banks were lending trillions to the Fed, not borrowing. Glad you see that now.

You think that's the total outstanding balance?

Yes, the current total outstanding balance is $2 million.

Your accusation was the money cartel banks used came entirely from "customer deposits."

If the money they get from the Discount Window is only $2 million, it's safe to say the rest is from deposits.
Because that's "how the system works".

Forum List

Back