Should we remove tax exempt status for Mosque?

Go ahead and remove all charities and let government tend to all of our needs. We all know that's the goal of the Progs.
Then see how much more of your paycheck disappears

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk

You think I'm some sort of progressive?

You couldn't be more wrong

Religion and charities are big business they should be treated as such

Yeah, there are so many "big businesses" in the world who operate with the express purpose of helping people and not profiting from it.

Your definitions are skewed by your blind, ignorant hatred.
What's with all the hate shit?

I don't hate anyone it takes too much energy

I just want everyone to be treated the same under the law.

No person or business should be exempt from taxes I don't care what the purpose of the business is.

Religion and so called non profits have been scamming the system for years it's time we put an end to that

I have no idea what's with all the hate shit. I didn't realize you were such a hostile religiophobe, and I'm rather taken aback by it.

Everyone IS treated the same under the law, aside from recent digressions into political persecution by the Obama administration. Anyone who wishes to form a non-profit, or even specifically a religious organization with non-profit status, may do so under the same requirements and receive the exact same terms and application of the law.

Only leftists think "equal treatment under the law" means "pretending everyone is extruded from an indentical cookie cutter with no differences whatsoever." I'm not even going to dignify "We should take money away from charities and give it to the government to piss away JUST so that I can stick it to religions" with any more comment. And don't even start with your appalling ignorance of accounting practices again.

BTW no one on this board would call me a leftist so you ought to take a few minutes to research my political leanings before trying to fit me into your 2 dimensional understanding of the world

For the second time, I didn't say you're a leftist. I said I was appalled because you're suddenly ACTING like a leftist. Not coincidentally at all, it's because this topic touches on your personal bigotry, and bigotry and left-thinking go hand-in-glove.

I didn't used to think you were that progressive, no. But.....

It's amazing how bigotry and "progressivism" go hand in hand.
If you think I'm a progressive then you haven't been on this board very long

No, dumb shit, that's the point. I know you're not normally a "progressive", which is exactly why the fact that your bigotry has infected you with "progressive-think" is so appalling.

They go hand-in-hand: you get consumed with unreasoning hatred for a group, and you start thinking and acting like a leftist. And right now, you sound indistinguishable from the dumbest leftists on this board. You've even adopted every single page of their debating instructions and style.

So wanting a business to pay taxes is now a hateful thing?

You have yet to prove I hate religious people. I don't. I don't care about you or your religion I am saying that religion is nothing but a business a very profitable business and should be treated as such

I don't have to prove it. You're doing a bang-up job.

Am I going to answer your "Accept my debate parameters" question THIS time? What do you think? Hey, when did you stop beating your wife?

If you really want a question answered, don't try that liberal bullshit spin trick. Unless and until I concede your argument that churches are a business, the only answer to your question is "You still sound like a leftist, and I'm ashamed for you."

"I don't hate religion. I just insist that it's a business and makes huge money and should be taxed out of existence, even if it requires destroying other non-profits, and no amount of proof is going to change my mind, or even be acknowledged as having been seen, because churches need to not have money! But I don't hate religion, how could you think that?"

Yeah, I really need to prove that you're a bigot. And right after that, I'll get to writing that doctoral thesis finally answering the mystery of whether or not the Klan dislikes black people.

I'll tell you what, and I'm only doing this because it's so depressing to see an otherwise intelligent person aping left-think to pander to his personal failings:

Why don't YOU prove your contention that churches are "profitable businesses"? You're so convinced that this is true that you respond to every bit of evidence otherwise by a blank, obstinate repetition of your belief, so why don't you show your work and prove it? I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not going to take your word for it, no matter how many times you assert it.

I'm actually willing to bet that your next post will be "Churches are businesses, and profitable. They need to be taxed", and nothing more, because that's what the leftists you're imitating would do.

this idea was floated around a few years ago by the left. The said it wasn't an attempt to destroy churches by cutting into their revenue. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Why not remove the tax exempt status of mosque?

only after you remove tax exempt status for churches. :thup:

Right after you remove it for unions, groups like the Chamber of Commerce and Urban League, and credit unions, of all things.
As it should be for ALL businesses

Neither the Chamber of Commerce nor the Urban League are businesses.

Please, oh please, someone try to do this. No point in trying to educate the Trumpian fools as to why this would be unconstitutional. Let's just have someone do something asinine like this and let them get bitch slapped 9-0 by the Supreme Court.

Conservatives and tea partiers are only protective of the Constitution when it suits their agenda

I'm disappointed in hearing you say something like that. You're not the type to usually try performing brain surgery with a baseball bat.

Reality has no bearing on what I say or don't say

Well, at least you're honest.

Yeah, there are so many "big businesses" in the world who operate with the express purpose of helping people and not profiting from it.

No person or business should be exempt from taxes I don't care what the purpose of the business is.

Religion and so called non profits have been scamming the system for years it's time we put an end to that

I have no idea what's with all the hate shit. I didn't realize you were such a hostile religiophobe, and I'm rather taken aback by it.

Everyone IS treated the same under the law, aside from recent digressions into political persecution by the Obama administration. Anyone who wishes to form a non-profit, or even specifically a religious organization with non-profit status, may do so under the same requirements and receive the exact same terms and application of the law.

Only leftists think "equal treatment under the law" means "pretending everyone is extruded from an indentical cookie cutter with no differences whatsoever." I'm not even going to dignify "We should take money away from charities and give it to the government to piss away JUST so that I can stick it to religions" with any more comment. And don't even start with your appalling ignorance of accounting practices again.

When some get special consideration in any laws then not everyone is treated the same are they

And you have no evidence that I am a religiophobe even though no such word exists (kind of like god)

I have no irrational fear of religion or of some god that can cast me into a lake of fire. It seems you religious folk are the ones living in fear for your immortal souls

And business is business

Religion is big business so are so called charities for Christs sake Harvard is a non profit so is the NFL and so are tens of thousands of other businesses that are actually for profit enterprises that you want to give special treatment

Oh, is that a fact? Okay, Chuckles, so by THAT definition, it's a "special consideration" for people 35 and older that they get to run for President, and discriminatory and unfair that 30-year-olds can't run. Right? It's a "special consideration" for people who haven't been convicted of violent felonies that they get to own firearms, while released felons cannot. Social Security benefits being paid only to people who are 65 and older is a "special consideration" that discriminates against young people. Any recognition that people and circumstances are different from each other is automatically a "special consideration", because "equal treatment under the law" OBVIOUSLY requires pretending that every single person in the country is exactly alike with exactly the same life circumstances.

Or maybe it means that the laws, including those recognizing different circumstances, must be applied equally to EVERYONE meeting those requirements. Our laws routinely specify conditions and exceptions for the law, and you know it as well as I do, so stop trying to pretend you suddenly don't.

You either are a business or you are not

Tell me do you really think the NFL or Harvard University are non profit institutions?

And I have always said everyone should be treated equally under the law. What you fail to realize about SS is that everyone does pay in IMO if we are going to have SS then there should be no cap on the income taxed as there is now of course I would also prefer to get rid of it completely

If we are going to have an income tax then everyone should pay that tax and every dollar should be taxed at the same rate

If we are going to have corporate income tax then ALL corporations should pay whether they be religions non profit or for profit

Any business can still be a charity as I said if they make no profit they will pay no income tax

this idea was floated around a few years ago by the left. The said it wasn't an attempt to destroy churches by cutting into their revenue. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Why not remove the tax exempt status of mosque?

Right after you remove it for unions, groups like the Chamber of Commerce and Urban League, and credit unions, of all things.

if they have revenue andthey have employees, thenthey are businesses

BTW no one on this board would call me a leftist so you ought to take a few minutes to research my political leanings before trying to fit me into your 2 dimensional understanding of the world

For the second time, I didn't say you're a leftist. I said I was appalled because you're suddenly ACTING like a leftist. Not coincidentally at all, it's because this topic touches on your personal bigotry, and bigotry and left-thinking go hand-in-glove.

So explain to me how wanting to simplify the tax code and get rid of special status for any business is bigoted.

I didn't used to think you were that progressive, no. But.....

No, dumb shit, that's the point. I know you're not normally a "progressive", which is exactly why the fact that your bigotry has infected you with "progressive-think" is so appalling.

They go hand-in-hand: you get consumed with unreasoning hatred for a group, and you start thinking and acting like a leftist. And right now, you sound indistinguishable from the dumbest leftists on this board. You've even adopted every single page of their debating instructions and style.

You have yet to prove I hate religious people. I don't. I don't care about you or your religion I am saying that religion is nothing but a business a very profitable business and should be treated as such

Am I going to answer your "Accept my debate parameters" question THIS time? What do you think? Hey, when did you stop beating your wife?

If you really want a question answered, don't try that liberal bullshit spin trick. Unless and until I concede your argument that churches are a business, the only answer to your question is "You still sound like a leftist, and I'm ashamed for you."

"I don't hate religion. I just insist that it's a business and makes huge money and should be taxed out of existence, even if it requires destroying other non-profits, and no amount of proof is going to change my mind, or even be acknowledged as having been seen, because churches need to not have money! But I don't hate religion, how could you think that?"

Yeah, I really need to prove that you're a bigot. And right after that, I'll get to writing that doctoral thesis finally answering the mystery of whether or not the Klan dislikes black people.

I'll tell you what, and I'm only doing this because it's so depressing to see an otherwise intelligent person aping left-think to pander to his personal failings:

Why don't YOU prove your contention that churches are "profitable businesses"? You're so convinced that this is true that you respond to every bit of evidence otherwise by a blank, obstinate repetition of your belief, so why don't you show your work and prove it? I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not going to take your word for it, no matter how many times you assert it.

I'm actually willing to bet that your next post will be "Churches are businesses, and profitable. They need to be taxed", and nothing more, because that's what the leftists you're imitating would do.

Where did I say taxed out of existence? I said taxed like all other businesses

ALL businesses are taxed are they in danger of being taxed out of existence

And if your religion truly is nonprofit then they will pay no income taxes

Why assume they are nonprofit before their taxes are filed? Just because they say they are a church? Or a charity?

I have yet to understand how any of that makes me a bigot. FYI I think we should get rid of the charitable deduction for individuals as well we should also get rid of the mortgage interest deduction as well as many others

Think of the phrase, "Fat, ugly, and dumb is no way to go through life".

I do, indeed, think of that phrase when I read your posts, you're very perceptive.

Tax religious institutions if they operate in the black.

Thank you for demonstrating the level of comprehension that has made you so universally and justly an object of ridicule.

Non-profits, by definition, don't "operate in the black", not the way you're thinking. They expend most of their donated income on their stated purpose an
d operating costs. Most do retain an amount of liquid assets on hand in case of emergencies.

The idea that the government needs to punish non-profits that successfully raise donated funds by taking their money to piss away itself is ludicrous. If Donald Trump decides to write a big check to the local Salvation Army soup kitchen, should they be descended upon by tax collectors?

Oh puhleese. We all see these bullshit "mega" churches. Sorry, but they should not get tax exempt status. Same thing for the "church" of Scientology. You can't tell me that those places don't make money hand over fist.

I already said that they should not get taxed for charitable work.

When some get special consideration in any laws then not everyone is treated the same are they

And you have no evidence that I am a religiophobe even though no such word exists (kind of like god)

I have no irrational fear of religion or of some god that can cast me into a lake of fire. It seems you religious folk are the ones living in fear for your immortal souls

And business is business

Religion is big business so are so called charities for Christs sake Harvard is a non profit so is the NFL and so are tens of thousands of other businesses that are actually for profit enterprises that you want to give special treatment

Oh, is that a fact? Okay, Chuckles, so by THAT definition, it's a "special consideration" for people 35 and older that they get to run for President, and discriminatory and unfair that 30-year-olds can't run. Right? It's a "special consideration" for people who haven't been convicted of violent felonies that they get to own firearms, while released felons cannot. Social Security benefits being paid only to people who are 65 and older is a "special consideration" that discriminates against young people. Any recognition that people and circumstances are different from each other is automatically a "special consideration", because "equal treatment under the law" OBVIOUSLY requires pretending that every single person in the country is exactly alike with exactly the same life circumstances.

Or maybe it means that the laws, including those recognizing different circumstances, must be applied equally to EVERYONE meeting those requirements. Our laws routinely specify conditions and exceptions for the law, and you know it as well as I do, so stop trying to pretend you suddenly don't.

And they're not.

Tell me do you really think the NFL or Harvard University are non profit institutions?

The NFL is not a non-profit in quite the same sense that charities and churches are, and in many ways, it's a good example of what I've been saying.

Only the League office itself is actually a non-profit, under the 501(c)(6) code that deals with trade associations such as the American Medical Association, Chambers of Commerce, etc. Everything else in the NFL, including all the big moneymaking operations, are for-profit businesses. These groups are given that status because they exist not primarily for profit, but to regulate and provide for the common interest of everyone operating under the association's umbrella. They get their income from membership dues, rather than from profit-making activities. Those activities are funneled through various subsidiaries, such as the NFL Network and the 32 teams, which DO pay taxes.

Now, there are many people protesting that the NFL office doesn't fit well into the 501(c)(6) designation, and that's up to the IRS and the courts. But the fact that individual groups take advantage of the law and should be investigated in no way invalidates the premise.

Harvard is another example of the same thing. They are tax-exempt because they are a school, and ostensibly their focus is education, not making a profit. Now, are they abusing the system? Definitely. And people are calling for investigations, as they should. But again, the fact that an individual institution abuses the system doesn't mean the system itself is invalidated and all other educational institutions should be considered money machines.

And I have always said everyone should be treated equally under the law. What you fail to realize about SS is that everyone does pay in IMO if we are going to have SS then there should be no cap on the income taxed as there is now of course I would also prefer to get rid of it completely

Which digresses from the original point, which is whether or not it's "discriminatory and unfair" that only people 65 and older can benefit from it, and then only if they meet income requirements, or if it's acceptable to put limitations and conditions on those benefits, so long as they're applied equally to everyone who meets them.

If we are going to have an income tax then everyone should pay that tax and every dollar should be taxed at the same rate

If we are going to have corporate income tax then ALL corporations should pay whether they be religions non profit or for profit

Which also digresses from the question of whether or not there should be conditions and limitations on benefiting from certain programs, so long as those conditions are applied equally to everyone who qualifies.

Any business can still be a charity as I said if they make no profit they will pay no income tax

"I didn't see no freaking points! I'll just repeat myself again, and that will make it TRUE!"

Already answered at least twice. The fact that you're ignoring it and just squawking the same blank assertion tells me that you concede the point. Ignored henceforth. Move on to something else.

I do, indeed, think of that phrase when I read your posts, you're very perceptive.

Thank you for demonstrating the level of comprehension that has made you so universally and justly an object of ridicule.

Non-profits, by definition, don't "operate in the black", not the way you're thinking. They expend most of their donated income on their stated purpose an
d operating costs. Most do retain an amount of liquid assets on hand in case of emergencies.

The idea that the government needs to punish non-profits that successfully raise donated funds by taking their money to piss away itself is ludicrous. If Donald Trump decides to write a big check to the local Salvation Army soup kitchen, should they be descended upon by tax collectors?

Oh puhleese. We all see these bullshit "mega" churches. Sorry, but they should not get tax exempt status. Same thing for the "church" of Scientology. You can't tell me that those places don't make money hand over fist.

Since you claim they make so much money, prove it or STFU. Since you can't prove it, that leaves one option.

Oh, really? What a conveniently simple-minded definition. This is why we don't let people infected with left-think define terms for us: we end up in a world full of kindergarten comprehension.

Now, then, the more adult, practical, legal definition of a business is this:

That which occupies the time, attention, and labor of men for the purpose of a livelihood or profit.

Law Dictionary: What is BUSINESS? definition of BUSINESS (Black's Law Dictionary)

So the individual work of the people employed by a non-profit would be THEIR business, because they do it to earn a livelihood and profit from their labor. The non-profit itself, which does not exist to earn a profit - and technically can't be said to "earn" anything, since it operates on donations and dues, rather than commerce - is not a business.

Furthermore, non-profits exist for completely different reasons than for-profits do, and they operate very differently, as required by law. Am I going to repeat the explanations I've already given about this? No, because you didn't listen before, and you won't listen again. You'll just stick your fingers in your ears and parrot assertions at me again. Like everyone who kneejerks to left-think to serve their prejudices, you've fallen into the category of "pearls before swine" on this topic.

So explain to me how wanting to simplify the tax code and get rid of special status for any business is bigoted.

"So just go through EVERYTHING you've already said one more time, so that I can ignore it and shout assertions at you again."

You want to know? Try going back and reading my previous posts. Maybe you'll even sack up and respond to the points this time.

Why assume they are nonprofit before their taxes are filed? Just because they say they are a church? Or a charity?

I have yet to understand how any of that makes me a bigot. FYI I think we should get rid of the charitable deduction for individuals as well we should also get rid of the mortgage interest deduction as well as many others

"I don't want them to stop existing. I just want to tax all their money away. Is that so wrong?"

REAL businesses make profits, or they do, in fact, go out of existence. Non-profits, by definition, don't make profits, so you'd have to tax their revenue, which you know perfectly well is different from profits, however much you currently want to pretend ignorance on the subject in service of your bigotry against religion.

G'head, keep making fallacious and disingenuous assertions, and asking answered questions over and over in the hope that the question will become the answer. At this point, my respect for you could only drop lower if you announced an intention to vote for Hillary. You're not, are you?

No one suggesting "assuming" anything. When a non-profit starts up, it must file extensive paperwork with the IRS and the appropriate regulatory agencies of their state to show that they qualify as a non-profit. Thereafter, they continue to prove that status every year when they file their income statements.

Are you their accountant? Are you privy to their financial statements, and able to state categorically that they do not qualify as a non-profit? Or are you just assuming because you, personally, think churches should be one-room shacks?

I can and will tell you that they have to qualify every year to maintain their non-profit status and meet very specific requirements to do so, or they wouldn't have it. I sincerely doubt the IRS has gone soft and decided to blow off opportunities to bring in more tax revenue because they like the Church of Scientology.

And I already said that any non-profit that has any sort of profit-producing enterprise must run it as a separate, for-profit business, which does pay taxes. I don't doubt for a second that the Church of Scientology is a massively complex accounting system, with a lot of connected, for-profit subsidiaries and their money tightly compartmentalized. Likewise for the "mega-churches".

Why is it you're perfectly happy to accept the fiction of "Planned Parenthood doesn't spend federal money on abortions", but won't apply it to other organizations you don't like compartmentalizing THEIR money? Or were you not even aware of it until now?

And business is business

And they're not.

The NFL is not a non-profit in quite the same sense that charities and churches are, and in many ways, it's a good example of what I've been saying.

Only the League office itself is actually a non-profit, under the 501(c)(6) code that deals with trade associations such as the American Medical Association, Chambers of Commerce, etc. Everything else in the NFL, including all the big moneymaking operations, are for-profit businesses. These groups are given that status because they exist not primarily for profit, but to regulate and provide for the common interest of everyone operating under the association's umbrella. They get their income from membership dues, rather than from profit-making activities. Those activities are funneled through various subsidiaries, such as the NFL Network and the 32 teams, which DO pay taxes.

Now, there are many people protesting that the NFL office doesn't fit well into the 501(c)(6) designation, and that's up to the IRS and the courts. But the fact that individual groups take advantage of the law and should be investigated in no way invalidates the premise.

Harvard is another example of the same thing. They are tax-exempt because they are a school, and ostensibly their focus is education, not making a profit. Now, are they abusing the system? Definitely. And people are calling for investigations, as they should. But again, the fact that an individual institution abuses the system doesn't mean the system itself is invalidated and all other educational institutions should be considered money machines.

Which digresses from the original point, which is whether or not it's "discriminatory and unfair" that only people 65 and older can benefit from it, and then only if they meet income requirements, or if it's acceptable to put limitations and conditions on those benefits, so long as they're applied equally to everyone who meets them.

Which also digresses from the question of whether or not there should be conditions and limitations on benefiting from certain programs, so long as those conditions are applied equally to everyone who qualifies.

"I didn't see no freaking points! I'll just repeat myself again, and that will make it TRUE!"

Already answered at least twice. The fact that you're ignoring it and just squawking the same blank assertion tells me that you concede the point. Ignored henceforth. Move on to something else.

So you obviously don't understand the concept of taxing the profits of a business why don't you find out how that works.

If you own a business and your revenue exactly equals your expenses then you showed no profit if you show no profit you pay no income taxes

It's really not a difficult concept to grasp

for a so called non profit it's revenue is donations its expenses are its operating costs and the money it spends directly on its stated cause

If that equals zero at the end of the fiscal year they they are a nonprofit
if it doesn't they are not

I really can't make it any simpler for you.

Last edited:

Oh, really? What a conveniently simple-minded definition. This is why we don't let people infected with left-think define terms for us: we end up in a world full of kindergarten comprehension.

Now, then, the more adult, practical, legal definition of a business is this:

That which occupies the time, attention, and labor of men for the purpose of a livelihood or profit.

Law Dictionary: What is BUSINESS? definition of BUSINESS (Black's Law Dictionary)

So the individual work of the people employed by a non-profit would be THEIR business, because they do it to earn a livelihood and profit from their labor. The non-profit itself, which does not exist to earn a profit - and technically can't be said to "earn" anything, since it operates on donations and dues, rather than commerce - is not a business.

Furthermore, non-profits exist for completely different reasons than for-profits do, and they operate very differently, as required by law. Am I going to repeat the explanations I've already given about this? No, because you didn't listen before, and you won't listen again. You'll just stick your fingers in your ears and parrot assertions at me again. Like everyone who kneejerks to left-think to serve their prejudices, you've fallen into the category of "pearls before swine" on this topic.

Nonprofits make a lot of people a lot of money so they exist for the same reason every business does

"I don't want them to stop existing. I just want to tax all their money away. Is that so wrong?"

REAL businesses make profits, or they do, in fact, go out of existence. Non-profits, by definition, don't make profits, so you'd have to tax their revenue, which you know perfectly well is different from profits, however much you currently want to pretend ignorance on the subject in service of your bigotry against religion.

G'head, keep making fallacious and disingenuous assertions, and asking answered questions over and over in the hope that the question will become the answer. At this point, my respect for you could only drop lower if you announced an intention to vote for Hillary. You're not, are you?

No one suggesting "assuming" anything. When a non-profit starts up, it must file extensive paperwork with the IRS and the appropriate regulatory agencies of their state to show that they qualify as a non-profit. Thereafter, they continue to prove that status every year when they file their income statements.

Where did I say " Tax All their money away"

What business gets all its money taxed away? NONE. Businesses only get a portion of their money taxed and pay in an even smaller portion of that in taxes

And where the fuck did I say tax their revenue? I said they should be taxed like every other business if you think every other business has its revenue taxed then you're a fucking moron

Seems your emotional reaction to the subject has messed with your intellectual capacity

or maybe not.

for a so called non profit it's revenue is donations its expenses are its operating costs and the money it spends directly on its stated cause

If that equals zero at the end of the fiscal year they they are a nonprofit
if it doesn't they are not

I really can't make it any simpler for you.

Close, but no cigar.

Forum List

Back