Should we shut down left-wing media?

They give the most even handed reporting of the news, with the least disrespect of the President, of any of the major news outlets. They have a left leaning slant in the issues they choose to cover, but I have never heard a single one of them foaming at the mouth about the President or Republicans, not even their guests.
You would be shooting the wrong folks here.

They're noncommercial media, which means they have no incentive to milk ratings for ad revenues, which in turn means they don't need to hype stories with emotional booga-booga. That's the difference between one outlet laying out simple facts and another one going "SLUT! SLUT! SLUT!".

Bullshit.

They are mouth piece for the CFR, the Anglo-American alliance, and global capitalists everywhere.

Apparently you don't pay attention to the foundations that support their work.

I can't believe you are utterly this dumb.

They serve the interests of the richest of the one percent.

So you posted "Bullshit" and followed it with four lines that in no way contradict or even address what I posted.

Did you even read it?

But they don't.

News isn't just reporting SOME facts, it is about reporting ALL facts, and not lying about some of the facts either.

PBS and NPR LIE.

Once AGAIN, that's not what my post is about. READ it. Is that asking so much?

I did, and I am saying, what you are getting at IS wrong. One thing does not necessarily equate to the other.

The only incentive for hyping propaganda is not just ratings. That is your logical error. I am sorry if you do not get that fault in your thinking. This is not my problem and it is the reason you are deluded. Go back to basics dear friend.

The Soviet Union and Nazi Germany used propaganda all the damn time, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the profit motive. We are so beyond the profit motive here. We are talking about things that are much more serious.

NPR and PBS never reported that the US supported Neo-Nazis to create and coup in Ukraine. Never.

That was a lie of Omission.

They gave the public the impression that the revolution there was completely organic and the will of the people.

The same is true of the revolution in Libya.

PBS and NPR made it seem like it was the majority of the people in that nation that wanted Gaddafi gone, when in fact the reverse was true.

Libya had the highest living standard in Africa and he had the overwhelming support of his people. He was a secular leader that was beloved.

Could Bill Clinton, George Bush, Obama, or Trump ride down the streets of NY or D.C. like this?

Yet we are expected to believe from NPR that a nation which is under "revolution" and being under siege from NATO one month earlier, has a leader that has so little confidence from his people, that he can ride down the streets of Tripoli just waving to his people who love him. . .

Obama and Hillary were war criminals. . . and THOSE are the facts NPR never brought to you.

Your video clip proves nothing.

"Obama and Hillary were war criminals." Scant BS.

W and Dick Cheney need rope.

Lately the Democratic party and "left" wing media has been used for the purposes of rabble rousing, inciting violence, and perpetuating misinformation to the uneducated Demographic.

This could give as a good case for repealing the First Amendment, or using the state's power to shut down Democratic media, including social media which incites violence and anarchy.

In practice, I don't think it would be too easy to do - the government could simply shut down TV and radio such as the Colbert Report, NPR, as well as social media outlets such as YouTube channels which incite violence, hatred, and immorality in the lowest common denominator.

In practice, most of their "rights" are imaginary anyway, and are merely fed to them via their misinformation outlets by rabble rousers - simply shut them all down, and remind the Democratic party and it's mouth-breading demographic of their rightful place under the state's hierarchy.

As an example, anyone who uses the term "white supremacist", "Nazi", or "fascist" could be profiled by the FBI and the CIA, given that anarchist groups have abused this term. (Much as how actual white supremacy groups may be being monitored as well).

Why don't we just tear up the whole constitution, declare martial law and make Trump president for life.

Lately the Democratic party and "left" wing media has been used for the purposes of rabble rousing, inciting violence, and perpetuating misinformation to the uneducated Demographic.

This could give as a good case for repealing the First Amendment, or using the state's power to shut down Democratic media, including social media which incites violence and anarchy.

In practice, I don't think it would be too easy to do - the government could simply shut down TV and radio such as the Colbert Report, NPR, as well as social media outlets such as YouTube channels which incite violence, hatred, and immorality in the lowest common denominator.

In practice, most of their "rights" are imaginary anyway, and are merely fed to them via their misinformation outlets by rabble rousers - simply shut them all down, and remind the Democratic party and it's mouth-breading demographic of their rightful place under the state's hierarchy.

As an example, anyone who uses the term "white supremacist", "Nazi", or "fascist" could be profiled by the FBI and the CIA, given that anarchist groups have abused this term. (Much as how actual white supremacy groups may be being monitored as well).
"This could give as a good case for repealing the First Amendment"......................yes, we know that trumpanzees hate the Constitution.

NPR and PBS never reported that the US supported Neo-Nazis to create and coup in Ukraine. Never.

That was a lie of Omission.

They gave the public the impression that the revolution there was completely organic and the will of the people.

The same is true of the revolution in Libya.

PBS and NPR made it seem like it was the majority of the people in that nation that wanted Gaddafi gone, when in fact the reverse was true.

Libya had the highest living standard in Africa and he had the overwhelming support of his people. He was a secular leader that was beloved.

Could Bill Clinton, George Bush, Obama, or Trump ride down the streets of NY or D.C. like this?

Yet we are expected to believe from NPR that a nation which is under "revolution" and being under siege from NATO one month earlier, has a leader that has so little confidence from his people, that he can ride down the streets of Tripoli just waving to his people who love him. . .

Obama and Hillary were war criminals. . . and THOSE are the facts NPR never brought to you.

Your video clip proves nothing.

"Obama and Hillary were war criminals." Scant BS.

W and Dick Cheney need rope.

Perhaps you were just a young child when this time of history happened.

Hillary and the CFR orchestrated that policy for oil, and brainwashed you to accept it. It was blood for oil, their blood, our oil. And the alliance cut short a plane for an pan-African Union to make a new currency that would have been a threat to the global world order and the private banking cartel. They ARE war criminals. International law - Wikipedia

But I was following the indy media closely and English speaking twitter users in Libya. We were all being lied to at the time.

The intel agencies were feeding false propaganda into the corporate media. When there were protests on the streets in the American MSM in Libya? What you were actually seeing were rallies in support of Gaddafi, but the corporate news were taking those clips of masses of gatherings, and reporting them as protests against him. . .

They were lying to you.

I agree with you, W and Dick do need ropes, but so do Obama and Hillary. They all need ropes for using YOUR tax money for killing innocent people w/o a declaration of war and telling the American people what these nations did, or how they were a threat to the American people.

Don't you know? They are all members silly. :71:

“Should we shut down left-wing media?”

Most conservatives would of course support doing so.

I've only ever heard establishment left wing politicians support this notion.

NPR isn’t ‘left wing.’

In fact, ‘the media’ in general aren’t ‘left wing.’

Indeed, that news entities report facts and the truth that conflict with rightwing dogma, exposing the lies and dishonesty of the right, doesn’t make them ‘left wing.’

They have a 1st Amendment right to make fools out of themselves and sooner or later they will shut down due to lack of interest. CNN is down to about half a million primetime viewers.

NPR and PBS, at a minimum, need to have their funding from taxpayers ceased. These entities generate millions from donations. Taking taxpayer money for Left Wing propaganda is an insult.
They give the most even handed reporting of the news, with the least disrespect of the President, of any of the major news outlets. They have a left leaning slant in the issues they choose to cover, but I have never heard a single one of them foaming at the mouth about the President or Republicans, not even their guests.
You would be shooting the wrong folks here.
No they don't give anything closely resembling even handed.
The only reason you believe that is because they are in the pockets of the democrat party.
here's something to think about when one side of the political spectrum says the media is partisan and all they report is what you agree with is the time you should question what they are reporting.

They have a 1st Amendment right to make fools out of themselves and sooner or later they will shut down due to lack of interest. CNN is down to about half a million primetime viewers.
When they abuse that right they should lose it just as with any other right.

NPR isn’t ‘left wing.’

In fact, ‘the media’ in general aren’t ‘left wing.’

Indeed, that news entities report facts and the truth that conflict with rightwing dogma, exposing the lies and dishonesty of the right, doesn’t make them ‘left wing.’
And you have one functioning brain cell.

They're noncommercial media, which means they have no incentive to milk ratings for ad revenues, which in turn means they don't need to hype stories with emotional booga-booga. That's the difference between one outlet laying out simple facts and another one going "SLUT! SLUT! SLUT!".

Bullshit.

They are mouth piece for the CFR, the Anglo-American alliance, and global capitalists everywhere.

Apparently you don't pay attention to the foundations that support their work.

I can't believe you are utterly this dumb.

They serve the interests of the richest of the one percent.

So you posted "Bullshit" and followed it with four lines that in no way contradict or even address what I posted.

Did you even read it?

But they don't.

News isn't just reporting SOME facts, it is about reporting ALL facts, and not lying about some of the facts either.

PBS and NPR LIE.

Once AGAIN, that's not what my post is about. READ it. Is that asking so much?

I did, and I am saying, what you are getting at IS wrong. One thing does not necessarily equate to the other.

The only incentive for hyping propaganda is not just ratings. That is your logical error. I am sorry if you do not get that fault in your thinking. This is not my problem and it is the reason you are deluded. Go back to basics dear friend.

The Soviet Union and Nazi Germany used propaganda all the damn time, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the profit motive. We are so beyond the profit motive here. We are talking about things that are much more serious.

Indeed one (my post) does not equate to your rambling diatribe. They're NOT RELATED. Ironic, since my point was about the motivations of psychology --- and then you have the cheek to give ME a link on Bernays? Poster please.

I get that you're looking for any opportunity to run this particular rant and show off your Bernays, but you jumped your cue. The point was not about "propaganda" --- it was about milking the emotions for ratings, REGARDLESS what the content is. That certainly and emphatically includes the freaking Weather Channel running scare stories about historic tornadoes, it certainly included Fox Noise running ''fear the scary black man" stories, it certainly includes the hunt for the next missing white girl, on and on and on and on and on. NOTHING in that is about the content of propaganda.

Why don't we just tear up the whole constitution, declare martial law and make Trump president for life.
I'd prefer just to abolish the popular vote, and allow elections to be decided by the electoral college alone, honestly. Natural hierarchy is no open secret, such as the more educated, moral, ambitious, entrepreneurial tending to have more natural rights and sway than the ignorant mobs.

The popular vote has made it too easy for the uneducated, immoral, illiterate to participate in politics, - 99% of their "rights" don't exist except in their tiny imagination, nor do they believe in any, since most of these mouth-breathers believe rights come by force, or some immoral worldview such as that - and in that case, it's the state which is holding the guns, not the mob.

NPR and PBS, at a minimum, need to have their funding from taxpayers ceased. These entities generate millions from donations. Taking taxpayer money for Left Wing propaganda is an insult.

Minuscule Microscule compared to how much the Lush Rimjobs and the Fox Noises generate from their advertising.

When your income is dependent on advertising, the more your ratings go up the more you make. That's when "SLUT! SLUT! SLUT!" hits the air, because that makes ratings go up.

That what you want?
I'm not really big on "frees peach" lately - since we technically have the right to Amend the Constitution, as the Founders' designed it, then this means that nothing, including the 1st Amendment is sacred except in people's imagination.

We could just remove it, then unilaterally shut down all "far-left" propaganda which incites violence, no one would miss it or lose any sleep over it.

I don't care about Rush Limbaugh.
Such is the authoritarian right’s contempt for the Constitution – the First Amendment in particular.

And this is a classic tactic of authoritarians: demonize ‘the media’ using lies and misinformation in an effort to ‘justify’ government censorship and the destruction of a free press.

Minuscule Microscule compared to how much the Lush Rimjobs and the Fox Noises generate from their advertising.

When your income is dependent on advertising, the more your ratings go up the more you make. That's when "SLUT! SLUT! SLUT!" hits the air, because that makes ratings go up.

That what you want?
I'm not really big on "frees peach" lately - since we technically have the right to Amend the Constitution, as the Founders' designed it, then this means that nothing, including the 1st Amendment is sacred except in people's imagination.

We could just remove it, then unilaterally shut down all "far-left" propaganda which incites violence, no one would miss it or lose any sleep over it.

I don't care about Rush Limbaugh.
Such is the authoritarian right’s contempt for the Constitution – the First Amendment in particular.
Our government is and always was "authoritarian" in the absurdist sense you describe, as is the Common Law system which the states are governed by - we don't allow degenerates to directly participate in government, but use elected representatives and electoral colleges as a bastion against their immorality, fictitious "rights", and lack of education - and for good reason - they were well fed, well bred, well read - as is any serious participant in society, whether an entrepreneur like Bill Gates, a scientist such as Steven Pinker, or a philosopher such as Russel Kirk.

The American framers allowed the potential for any amendment, including the 1st to be removed as the circumstances allow. If they repealed it, and shut down all radical and left wing media, and reminded the slave class of who they actually are by virture of their own immorality and vice, I would lose no sleep over it. Lately, I'm even tempted to sympathize more with Hamilton than with the other framers.

As a failed entrepreneur, I can attest to this, many of the popular 'mob' are unambitious, dependent, ignorant, and spoiled, and would barely have any right not to be enslaved in governments of recent past, let alone a pretense of participating in politics.

And this is a classic tactic of authoritarians: demonize ‘the media’ using lies and misinformation in an effort to ‘justify’ government censorship and the destruction of a free press.
More like a "freak" press. I'd recommend putting them back in PT Barnum's circus where they belong.

Last edited:

yet deny it.

"This could give as a good case for repealing the First Amendment"......................yes, we know that trumpanzees hate the Constitution.
I'm not a big fan of Trump, no - such as his attacks on entrepreneurship like Amazon.com, in favor of the rights of "workers" - many of whom are just so lazy and immoral that they have good reason to fear being outsourced to Mexico.

The "Puritan work ethic" is a lie intended to keep the slave class in line, in reality many of the "average" American is lazy, slovenly, immoral, economically illiterate, and could care less about their work ethic; the romance of the Puritan colonies was also a lie, John Bunyan was an exemplar, the average person was just as lazy, immoral and vicious as many are today.

As a failed entrepreneur, I can attest to this, many if not most I encountered cared more about sports, masturbating to pornography, or bitching about their "job" than the American dream, taking for granted the effort that exemplar Americans made to give them what they had today.

Most would probably trade their job for a lifetime on welfare in heartbeat if they could afford it. (Despite, in reality, everyone under the Common Law system being on "welfare" to begin with, showing how ignorant or in denial the average American is of their law or history).

Forum List

Back