Should welfare recipients be banned from having a TV, computer, or cell phone

Yes, well, welfare should be the last thing between you and starvation and homelessness.

It's called using all available resources. You get to use up all your available resources (items easily turned into cash) before you are eligible.

Don't think of it as being banned from owning televisions and newer model cars.

Think of it as being banned from WELFARE until you have accessed every single resource you have.

I hocked a $1500 saddle once for $25 so I could buy diapers for my babies, when their dad, who insisted I quit my job, refused to give me money for diapers. After cleaning out my account ($15,000).

That's called "Using all available assets/accessing all resources".

We need to make life unpleasant for these people to encourage them to work. Reducing benefits always leads to the "mothers" cutting back on food for the kids so the mother can keep her luxuries.

Since computers and cells need an outside provider for internet use, it would be fairly simple to enforce a ban on them. If they really need a computer for something, they can go to a friend or library. TVs are bulky and would be hard to hide when a social worker pays a visit.

If they can afford a flat panel, cable, a computer and internet, a cell phone with service.....

they don't need public assistance, they are doing just fine.

i have no problem with "poor people" having luxuries..... so long as they are not on public assistance and work for the money that is paying for the luxuries.

We need to make life unpleasant for these people to encourage them to work. Reducing benefits always leads to the "mothers" cutting back on food for the kids so the mother can keep her luxuries.

Since computers and cells need an outside provider for internet use, it would be fairly simple to enforce a ban on them. If they really need a computer for something, they can go to a friend or library. TVs are bulky and would be hard to hide when a social worker pays a visit.

If they can afford a flat panel, cable, a computer and internet, a cell phone with service.....

i have no problem with "poor people" having luxuries..... so long as they are not on public assistance and work for the money that is paying for the luxuries.

I have all of those except flat tv and yes we are poor and yes we work and yes we do need the social services our TAXES pay for...get over it.

I have all of those except flat tv and yes we are poor and yes we work and yes we do need the social services our TAXES pay for...get over it.

get over it then... deal with being a leach.

if you are on social services.... you pay NO federal taxes.

How much have you paid in taxes this year?

Last year?

Because if you receive social services, you aren't paying taxes. You either get them all back at the end of the year, or you're not working at all.

And I know of exactly 0.00 people on welfare who have paid enough taxes throughout their ENTIRE ADULT LIVES to pay back the $600/month +++++++++++ they receive in welfare, medical, energy subsidies, housing subsidies, and foodstamps.

OP- Terminal hater dupe. Everyone would prefer a good job.

SEE SIG PARA. 1

"Everyone would prefer a good job."

No....Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrat policy is designed to make the citizenry infantilzed and dependent.

And....they know how to do it!

The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were give a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for. Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents.
http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/10207/bitstreams/12794.pdf

Did you get that?

On the government dole, many folks will give up trying to break out of same.

Many.

Stop being a dope.....wise up.

someone needs to take your Computer away.....

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he doesn't use the one at his local library or didn't buy it with SSDI funds. Hypocrites post shit like this.

i am still waiting for Shootspeados to prove Pres. Obama is the guy who sets the Postage prices at the PO....he did a thread on it but just cant seem to be able to back that up....then he ran from the thread after he was pressured to prove it...

no.

you can't apply for a job… or do research for school or anything else if you have no internet.

good luck applying for a job without a cell phone.

"these people"?

i love the radical right.

Trust me. Republicans do as much as possible to make life unpleasant for people. Wait. "THESE PEOPLE"? REALLY????

But I do love your fabulous ideas for government intervention into our lives!

Stupid fucking teabagger.

Last year?

I love to relay this to you teabaggers whenever you ask the question.

I bring in approximately 60k per year.

I pay no income tax.

I pay no state tax.

I pay no property tax.

Auto reg/tags is $4 per year.

Fishing license free.

I can buy groceries, clothing and everything else tax free.

AREN'T YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!

Last year?

I love to relay this to you teabaggers whenever you ask the question.

I bring in approximately 60k per year.

I pay no income tax.

I pay no state tax.

I pay no property tax.

Auto reg/tags is $4 per year.

Fishing license free.

I can buy groceries, clothing and everything else tax free.

AREN'T YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!

Holy shit.

Another welfare queen.

How many different names are you using and in how many states?!?!?!?!!?>!?

You think cutting off welfare is magically going to put people to work?

Seriously? Consider this:

Hundreds line up for 65 Walmart jobs:

51789-eight.jpg

Thousands in Cleveland line up for McDonald's jobs:

9501576-large.jpg

Most of those people won't get a job. But you think that the people you force off welfare will?

lol, pure idiocy.
Not a lot of teens in that picture. That's goes against what the Right says about fast food jobs being entry level.

no.

you can't apply for a job… or do research for school or anything else if you have no internet.

good luck applying for a job without a cell phone.

"these people"?

i love the radical right.

Bullshit. You can get your dumb lazy ass to a public library or employment office and use the FREE internet, the FREE printers and the FREE assistance provided at those places.

PS...my son did it.

So can the inner city poor. They aren't half as stupid as you think they are.

Forum List

Back