Should you be 21 to purchase a firearm?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I know this raises larger questions about the age of majority, but it seems that allowing teenagers to purchase firearms is a really bad idea.

Thoughts/comments?

I have no problem with that.

I believe that is the age for purchasing handguns, why not all guns?

But then perhaps you should be 21 to enlist in the military as well...

21 to drink.
21 to buy a firearm.
21 to enlist.

The biggest a-holes are men 18-24. Better to keep guns away from that demo.

Plus . An 18 yr old has a clear criminal slate cause his juvy record is sealed .

Focusing solely on the question of age, I think anyone who is old enough to serve their country is old enough to purchase whatever item available to adults for purchase.

I know this raises larger questions about the age of majority, but it seems that allowing teenagers to purchase firearms is a really bad idea.

Thoughts/comments?
In some states the liberals want to lower the voting age to 16. If you can vote in an election, you should be able to purchase a firearm.

Thoughts/comments?
Raise better young men; not continue to extend childhood. Arrested development is more than just a small part of the problem with today’s youth...

21 to drink.
21 to buy a firearm.
21 to enlist.
If your gonna go all out, quit half stepping. Add drivers liscensing as well. Cars kill more than all those on your list combined...

Abolish 2nd amendment, crack down on the black market....and let's join the civilized world. Otherwise arm teachers, students, toddlers, doctors, firefighters, UFC fighters....

Thoughts/comments?
No. At 18. They also need protection.

But, I will compromise in exchange for a repeal of the Hughes Amendment and a guarantee that we get no more gun control.

Abolish 2nd amendment, crack down on the black market....and let's join the civilized world. Otherwise arm teachers, students, toddlers, doctors, firefighters, UFC fighters....
That’s hilarious considering the rest of the world want into our country. Something to think about...

21 to drink.
21 to buy a firearm.
21 to enlist.
If your gonna go all out, quit half stepping. Add drivers liscensing as well. Cars kill more than all those on your list combined...

Yeah, but who wants to drive their damn kids around until they're 21? Maybe 18, but 21? Hard pass for me...

That’s hilarious considering the rest of the world want into our country. Something to think about...
Foe business not for safety because we are the worst in that department. We send our troops to the most dangerous places too for oil and natural resources dont we ?

The biggest a-holes are men 18-24. Better to keep guns away from that demo.

Plus . An 18 yr old has a clear criminal slate cause his juvy record is sealed .
Please go to quantico and tell those 18 -24 year olds they are a-holes. I double dog dare you. Also they have automatic weapons, arent you a little bit scared?

marine-corps-crucible-1800.jpg

Now a liberal from 18 -24 yeah is an A-hole because he has been pussyfied.
I am coming for you Adolf?...…………………………………………….Mommy they keep picking on me....
american-manhood.jpg

Guy on the left has a semi automatic weapon, the guy on the right has latte and is such a liberal man.

Let's try to stay on topic: Should it be legal for 18 year olds to purchase personal firearms?

Forum List

Back