Should you be 21 to purchase a firearm?

In some states the liberals want to lower the voting age to 16. If you can vote in an election, you should be able to purchase a firearm.
'
Can't kill 50 people in ten minutes with a vote
They voted for Chairman Mao, he killed 10s of millions, are you saying that voting isnt deadly? I have to find your teacher and bitch slap her for making you stupid.

communism-statistics.jpg

Abolish 2nd amendment, crack down on the black market....and let's join the civilized world. Otherwise arm teachers, students, toddlers, doctors, firefighters, UFC fighters....

Ban the 1st Amendment too... words can hurt people...

What other rights are you willing to give up? Just the ones you choose not to exercise? Or just the ones your political rivals support?

The biggest a-holes are men 18-24. Better to keep guns away from that demo.

Plus . An 18 yr old has a clear criminal slate cause his juvy record is sealed .
I was gonna say 25 and squeaky clean.

In some states the liberals want to lower the voting age to 16. If you can vote in an election, you should be able to purchase a firearm.
'
They voted for Chairman Mao, he killed 10s of millions, are you saying that voting isnt deadly? I have to find your teacher and bitch slap her for making you stupid.

communism-statistics.jpg
Nobody voted for Mao dumbass

The only age limitation I feel would benefit society is an age for marriage.

65 should be the minimum.

I know this raises larger questions about the age of majority, but it seems that allowing teenagers to purchase firearms is a really bad idea.

Thoughts/comments?

I think that the age of majority, whatever we make it should cover all things adult.

You should be able to drink, sign a contract, vote, gamble...etc all at the same age. This piecemeal adulthood is stupid.

The minute you throw out a compromise, these gun-grabbing motherfuckers run for the hills.

That's what I thought.

We will do NOTHING and you will like it.

'
Putting voting on a par with owning a gun is asinine. You can't kill anyone with a vote. You can with a car, especially if you are drunk or stoned. You can kill with a gun. I believe in sane gun ownership laws, not in equating the ownership of a gun with military service, drinking or voting. It's a volunteer military. Many people use military service as a way of learning a skill, such as electronics or mechanics. They use military service as a way of getting college tuition paid for and no money down home mortgages. Being a vet leads to many opportunities. There are myriad reasons to allow 18 year old people in the military. There are no sane reasons at all to allow them to own guns. There should be age limits, background checks, mental health screenings, skill tests and licensing before anyone of any age is allowed to purchase a gun. At the very least, we should have similar requirements needed to own and drive a car: age limits, skills testing, and licensing.

[/QUOTE]
Raise better young men; not continue to extend childhood. Arrested development is more than just a small part of the problem with today’s youth...[/QUOTE]

Uh......yea - I could have used this advise a couple years ago........hahahahaha

I have no problem with that.

I believe that is the age for purchasing handguns, why not all guns?

But then perhaps you should be 21 to enlist in the military as well...

21 to drink.
21 to buy a firearm.
21 to enlist.
to vote 21
to marry 21
to work 21
to drive 21
to enter in a binding agreement 21

Abolish 2nd amendment, crack down on the black market....and let's join the civilized world. Otherwise arm teachers, students, toddlers, doctors, firefighters, UFC fighters....
let's also crackdown on street drugs while we're at it drunk driving

The biggest a-holes are men 18-24. Better to keep guns away from that demo.

Plus . An 18 yr old has a clear criminal slate cause his juvy record is sealed .
I was gonna say 25 and squeaky clean.
In exchange for no restrictions on type of weapon???

No sir. I will not enable you or anyone else to acquire more firepower than is already available.
So, you're not really interested in safety. You just want to gun grab and restrict rights.

FUCK YOU

We are gonna repeal it all and walk the streets carrying loaded machine guns IN YOUR FACE!!

:banana:

Forum List

Back