‘Sickening’: World reacts as explosions rock Ukrainian cities

How are Russians better off because of this war?

If they acquire Ukraine then they must expect to be a lot better off I assume otherwise why in the world would Putin be fighting so hard to get it back?

If they acquire Ukraine then they must expect to be a lot better off I assume otherwise why in the world would Putin be fighting so hard to get it back?
Circular logic.
Putin fights for the interest of Russians therefore the fights Putin engages in are in the interests of Russia.

For starters, Putin clearly thought it was going to be easy to take Crimea.

At this point, Russia has thousands of dead soldiers. Massive costs due to sanctions. Marginalized globally. Military is exhausted.

For what?

Originally posted by multivita-man
The only moral outcome it would seem is an unconditional exit from Ukraine.

The only moral outcome would be Russia's unconditional exit from Ukraine and Nato's unconditional exit from Eastern Europe (the absurd, gratuitous "original sin" of the West that started this whole mess) ending the policy of military encirclement of Russia.

Circular logic.
Ah, sorry, no. FWIW, I used to TEACH logic. Go back and try again. Putin wants Ukraine because Russia is much better off with it than without it otherwise he wouldn't be risking so much to get it.

Iraq. How much of Iraq is occupied by US troops today? When did the US force plebiscites at bayonet to force parts of Iraq to become part of the USA, or any other country for that matter.
how much damage did the US do? Why?

Ah, sorry, no. FWIW, I used to TEACH logic. Go back and try again. Putin wants Ukraine because Russia is much better off with it than without it otherwise he wouldn't be risking so much to get it.
But HOW are they better with it?

Politics drives illogical behavior. Check your own assumptions. Don’t think that you’re immune from it.

But HOW are they better with it?
How would I know? Go write a letter to Putin and ASK him. All I'm saying is that they wouldn't be fighting for Ukraine unless acquiring it gave them something they WANTED.

How would I know? Go write a letter to Putin and ASK him. All I'm saying is that they wouldn't be fighting for Ukraine unless acquiring it gave them something they WANTED.
How do you know that’s true?

Because it is LOGICAL. Synonym: common sense.
Do you think all people behave logically? I don’t. Common sense tells us that’s not the case. Specifically, autocratic dictators like Putin often don’t act logically or in the interest of their people.

Your assumptions don’t seem well grounded.

Forum List

Back