Since free college isn't free...what is wrong with actually paying it back?

why do the left wing regressives insist that college should be free...or rather, that the money for people's education should be extracted at gunpoint from other taxpayers....many of whom will not go to college?

Why don't they insist that those people attending college on the taxpayers expense, pay back the money they get......?

Why is that such a hard concept for bernie and hilary and the rest of the left wing regressives to get?
If a taxpayer refuses to get an education in one of the best nations in the world to get an education...I'm actually 100% okay with having them pay the way for somebody who would take advantage of one of the best things about being an American. If a taxpayer has gotten an education already, then chances are that they don't really worry about spending a few extra dollars to help the future. Now, I'm not saying college should be free...and it isn't. What I am saying is that having tax payer money INVEST in our future generation's education is probably a much better use of that money than almost anything else the US Government would spend it on.

why do the left wing regressives insist that college should be free...or rather, that the money for people's education should be extracted at gunpoint from other taxpayers....many of whom will not go to college?

Why don't they insist that those people attending college on the taxpayers expense, pay back the money they get......?

Why is that such a hard concept for bernie and hilary and the rest of the left wing regressives to get?
If a taxpayer refuses to get an education in one of the best nations in the world to get an education...I'm actually 100% okay with having them pay the way for somebody who would take advantage of one of the best things about being an American. If a taxpayer has gotten an education already, then chances are that they don't really worry about spending a few extra dollars to help the future. Now, I'm not saying college should be free...and it isn't. What I am saying is that having tax payer money INVEST in our future generation's education is probably a much better use of that money than almost anything else the US Government would spend it on.

I'm actually 100% okay with having them pay the way for somebody who would take advantage of one of the best things about being an American.

Of course you are....you are a left wing reggressive thug....and if anyone disagrees with you I am sure you will find a nice camp to relocate them to...right?

All for the State....right? I believe you left wing regressives really go for that sort of thing....

No...the best investment of that money is whatever the guy or gal who earned it uses it for.........since they earned it, not some greedy, corrupt politician in Washington......

That whole "Freedom" thing....you left wing regressives just don't get it do you?

No...the best investment of that money is whatever the guy or gal who earned it uses it for.........since they earned it, not some greedy, corrupt politician in Washington......

That whole "Freedom" thing....you left wing regressives just don't get it do you?
Was it really necessary to break most post into three different replies? Or are you just too dumb to be able to digest and respond to a simple paragraph in one response?

Just to highlight this...I'm saying that taxpayers should invest in education of future generations...I am not saying that some greedy, corrupt politician in Washington should have the taxpayer's money...why you draw something up that I didn't even talk about just kinda proves that you are living in your own, delusional world. You should probably start reading what people type. Especially since you have to break it down sentence by sentence. Was it still too hard for you?

Just as a point-in-case, we have public schools that are all payed for on taxpayer dime. Are you proposing we do away will all public schooling? If so, then please point to another 1st world nation that has no public schooling system and is still economically successful.

With that said I'm just going to copy and paste an direct quote from my statement, "I'm not saying college should be free." However, due to free market forces (US colleges are the best in the world and thus our students have to compete with some of the brightest and most wealthy individuals from around the globe), our prices of colleges have risen to levels where the majority of Americans cannot reasonably afford them. I don't see anything wrong with providing those Americans with a bit of assistance that they need. I've never stated in either reply that I don't think that citizens that have gotten loans (rather than direct assistance) shouldn't pay those loans back.

Perhaps it depends on the State or Region.
NY & NJ teachers live for their bloated salaries, benefits, perks and pensions and continuously bitch like hell how they have it worse than coal miners.
Annoying and boring.

Do you know anyone who thinks they're overpaid for what they do?
At a final rate of roughly $62.00 an hour as a Senior Network Engineer for the government. I have to say that I was seriously overpaid. But hey, they offered, it wasn't like I was going to tell them no.

And even if you did, somebody else would have said yes, so it's not like you would have saved taxpayers any money.

no one has a problem with "paying it back". but the banks shouldn't be using college students as a college center while the prime rate is so low.

Perhaps it depends on the State or Region.
NY & NJ teachers live for their bloated salaries, benefits, perks and pensions and continuously bitch like hell how they have it worse than coal miners.
Annoying and boring.

Do you know anyone who thinks they're overpaid for what they do?

The opposite...I know teachers complain about how impossibly hard their profession is and how nobody else can do it.

Is what you do so easy that anyone could do it?

Before I was kicked out of software development by Bill Gates and Business Visas I had few peers.
But I could have been much better with inter-personal relationships.

In my current profession, the technical part can be taught in a few months if taught properly.
My current interpersonal skills are way above average and I am always called upon to settle very heated situations with customers.

Have I ever actively bitched about how hard any of my jobs have ever been? No.
Did I ever go out of my way to tell others they couldn't do my job? No.

And if someone belittled you and your profession, you'd agree with them?

Teachers are proactive in defending their profession and offending all other professions.
As of the last 5 years, I have told everyone who has asked me that they could learn to do my job.

Sure I do. Our city was fine until bussing invaded the place. Then people with money left the city to live in the suburbs or out in the country. That left the city with citizens who were elderly where bussing didn't affect them or people that didn't have the money to move out with. It had nothing to do with the 1%.

You tell yourself that, guy. You tell yourself all those closed factories happened because of "busing" and not

Oh- Busing- moving people around by bus.

Bussing - an archaic word meaning to kiss.

The shortages of professions you listed are not because people can't afford to get an education in those fields, it's because they don't pay enough. That has nothing to do with the ability to attend college.

Again, the days of me considering you a retard are definitely coming to a middle.

ACTUALLY, people moving OUT of cities coincided with the end of good public transportation in the late 40's, 50's, and sixties.

And free public colleges (like we had many places in the 60's) would bring down costs thru competition.

Teachers are proactive in defending their profession and offending all other professions.....

"Offending all other professions"?......?

Yeah, by telling everybody, including brain surgeons, "You couldn't so my job."
Yes, I have had the distinct pleasure of many a Shabbos meal where a teacher said such nonsense to physicians, attorneys, accountants, financiers, etc...
And my non-Jewish co-workers say their non-Jewish relative teachers say the same crap at family meals.
So I guess it isn't solely a Jewish thing; it's a teacher thing.

Of course you are....you are a left wing reggressive thug....and if anyone disagrees with you I am sure you will find a nice camp to relocate them to...right?

Boy, how do you get through life being this paranoid? I mean it's scary enough to watch you post 30 Gun Masturbation threads a day, but then you say shit like this, and I keep wondering how soon it will be before we see you on the news with SWAT vans surrounding your house.

You know, the problem with you wingnuts is that you usually define freedom as 'people with money and power being able to abuse those without it."

Here's the thing. I don't think everyone needs to go to college. Frankly, I didn't need college to do my current job, but my current job requires at least a bachelors for 90% of the positions offered. I know a lot of people who can do the same job I do and never spent a day in a college classroom.

We are probably graduating too many college graduates and not enough of them in the fields we need to.

You see, I think that if you have a poor kid who studies hard, is bright and would make a good engineer or nurse if given the opportunity, that person should be getting a scholarship from the government and the rest of us should be happy to pay it.

I think that if you are a drunk party boy living off your parents' legacy, because they have the money to get you into a school despite being an imbecile...

30-Stupid-Quotes-By-Celebrities-30.jpg

meh... maybe not.

Forum List

Back