Since free college isn't free...what is wrong with actually paying it back?

Teachers are proactive in defending their profession and offending all other professions.....

"Offending all other professions"?......?

Yeah, by telling everybody, including brain surgeons, "You couldn't do my job.".....

Could a brain surgeon fly a jet or wire a house if they weren't trained in how to do it? Could a brain surgeon paint a fine work of art if they weren't both trained and talented in that area? Could you perform brain surgery right now? Could you do it even after training? I don't think I could. I don't know any surgeons who would be offended by the obvious.

Of course you are....you are a left wing reggressive thug....and if anyone disagrees with you I am sure you will find a nice camp to relocate them to...right?

Boy, how do you get through life being this paranoid? I mean it's scary enough to watch you post 30 Gun Masturbation threads a day, but then you say shit like this, and I keep wondering how soon it will be before we see you on the news with SWAT vans surrounding your house.

No...the best investment of that money is whatever the guy or gal who earned it uses it for.........since they earned it, not some greedy, corrupt politician in Washington......

That whole "Freedom" thing....you left wing regressives just don't get it do you?

You know, the problem with you wingnuts is that you usually define freedom as 'people with money and power being able to abuse those without it."

Here's the thing. I don't think everyone needs to go to college. Frankly, I didn't need college to do my current job, but my current job requires at least a bachelors for 90% of the positions offered. I know a lot of people who can do the same job I do and never spent a day in a college classroom.

We are probably graduating too many college graduates and not enough of them in the fields we need to.

You see, I think that if you have a poor kid who studies hard, is bright and would make a good engineer or nurse if given the opportunity, that person should be getting a scholarship from the government and the rest of us should be happy to pay it.

I think that if you are a drunk party boy living off your parents' legacy, because they have the money to get you into a school despite being an imbecile...

30-Stupid-Quotes-By-Celebrities-30.jpg

meh... maybe not.

This a lot of validity to post.
One of the problems we have is that anybody with money to spare can hire a PhD to conduct a carefully crafted study to advance an agenda.
Of course, if someone more intelligent without a PhD and with a more representative study population produces a more objective result, the non-PhD is ridiculed.

Teachers are proactive in defending their profession and offending all other professions.....

Yeah, by telling everybody, including brain surgeons, "You couldn't do my job.".....

Could a brain surgeon fly a jet or wire a house if they weren't trained in how to do it? Could a brain surgeon paint a fine work of art if they weren't both trained and talented in that area? Could you perform brain surgery right now? Could you do it even after training? I don't think I could. I don't know any surgeons who would be offended by the obvious.

Straw man argument.
Teachers are proactive in defending their profession and telling others they couldn't teach.
A Brain Surgeon could most probably successfully complete a training course on how to teach.
You probably associate with fellow teachers and thus don't find the need to impose your feelings of insecurity on those who practice other professions.

ACTUALLY, people moving OUT of cities coincided with the end of good public transportation in the late 40's, 50's, and sixties.

People left for suburbia when Banks started approving mortgages for non-Physicians and employees.

Straw man argument.
Teachers are proactive in defending their profession and telling others they couldn't teach.
A Brain Surgeon could most probably successfully complete a training course on how to teach......

"Most probably."

Straw man argument.
A Brain Surgeon could most probably successfully complete a training course on how to teach......

"Most probably."
I was being kind.
I will compliment you as you are above average in your communication skills as far as most educators I am acquainted with.
The teachers on my wife's Facebook Group can barely form a sentence.
But my wife needs a good laugh.

You probably associate with fellow teachers .....

Outside of work I mostly associate with physicians, attorneys, business people, coaches, and LEOs. This nonsense never comes up. Ever.

It could be a Blue State thing.
I presume you don't work in a Blue State.

As blue as they come.
And you hang out with other teachers while your with these other people?
If so, you are one lucky guy.

why do the left wing regressives insist that college should be free...or rather, that the money for people's education should be extracted at gunpoint from other taxpayers....many of whom will not go to college?

Why don't they insist that those people attending college on the taxpayers expense, pay back the money they get......?

Why is that such a hard concept for bernie and hilary and the rest of the left wing regressives to get?

I'm sorry, guy, when was the last time the government extracted taxes from you at "gunpoint". I though with all your tiny-dicked whining about all the guns you own to protect yourself from Government tyranny, the IRS would have quite the mess on its hands when it came to collect your tax bill.

Reality. you probably submitted your 1040 before this weekend. Meekly. Without a fight.

But anyway.. College.

I'm not keen on the government paying for college. I think kids should come out of High School with the requisite skills they need to hold down and make a good living.

But as long as you have corporations INSISTING that they won't consider an applicant without a college degree, then that should be available to everyone, just like HS and Elementary education are.

It is available to everyone. You just have to pay for it yourself, that's all.

You want to make K - 12 that way, and let the poor kids go without an education?
Which is consistent with wrongheaded conservative dogma: where income should determine the quality of healthcare and education, and those too poor to afford either should do without, the consequence of having ‘failed’ to be successful.

The neo-Social Darwinism advocated by most conservatives is one of the more reprehensible aspects of the American right.

the constitution guarantees the PURSUIT of happiness, it does not guarantee that everyone will achieve it.

Not everyone can be Oprah, what you make of your life it up to you, not the government.

The pursuit of happiness is not in the Constitution, homeschooled.

Promoting the general welfare is, however, and you if don't believe that getting as many Americans as practically possible EDUCATED does not promote the general welfare, well,

go ride your dinosaurs with Jesus.

I'm sorry, guy, when was the last time the government extracted taxes from you at "gunpoint". I though with all your tiny-dicked whining about all the guns you own to protect yourself from Government tyranny, the IRS would have quite the mess on its hands when it came to collect your tax bill.

Reality. you probably submitted your 1040 before this weekend. Meekly. Without a fight.

But anyway.. College.

I'm not keen on the government paying for college. I think kids should come out of High School with the requisite skills they need to hold down and make a good living.

But as long as you have corporations INSISTING that they won't consider an applicant without a college degree, then that should be available to everyone, just like HS and Elementary education are.

You want to make K - 12 that way, and let the poor kids go without an education?
Which is consistent with wrongheaded conservative dogma: where income should determine the quality of healthcare and education, and those too poor to afford either should do without, the consequence of having ‘failed’ to be successful.

The neo-Social Darwinism advocated by most conservatives is one of the more reprehensible aspects of the American right.

the constitution guarantees the PURSUIT of happiness, it does not guarantee that everyone will achieve it.

Not everyone can be Oprah, what you make of your life it up to you, not the government.

Promoting the general welfare is, however, and you if don't believe that getting as many Americans as practically possible EDUCATED does not promote the general welfare, well,

Promoting the general welfare does not mean fund the general welfare. Promote is a word that means to encourage.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Promoting the general welfare does not mean fund the general welfare. Promote is a word that means to encourage.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

James Madison is dead.

If you want to argue that a well educated populace is not a vital national interest, let's hear it.

[

Let's look at what the Congress says in regards to enumerated powers:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

Do you see there how the Constitution gives Congress the power to collect taxes to provide for the general welfare of the US?

Sure I do. Our city was fine until bussing invaded the place. Then people with money left the city to live in the suburbs or out in the country. That left the city with citizens who were elderly where bussing didn't affect them or people that didn't have the money to move out with. It had nothing to do with the 1%.

You tell yourself that, guy. You tell yourself all those closed factories happened because of "busing" and not

Oh- Busing- moving people around by bus.

Bussing - an archaic word meaning to kiss.

Or in the social sense, a word that means forcefully sending your kid across town to satisfy some liberal judge somewhere.

Bussing had nothing to do with factories, those are the fault of unions and government. They are the ones that made it too expensive to produce sellable products in the US, so the businesses moved out.

[

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

Do you see there how the Constitution gives Congress the power to collect taxes to provide for the general welfare of the US?

Indeed:

1. The enumerated powers are a list of items found in Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution that set forth the authority of Congress. In summary, Congress may exercise the powers that the Constitution grants it, subject to the individual rights listed in the Bill of Rights.

[

Indeed:

1. The enumerated powers are a list of items found in Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution that set forth the authority of Congress. In summary, Congress may exercise the powers that the Constitution grants it, subject to the individual rights listed in the Bill of Rights.

Which means you are wrong to claim that the Constitution does not give Congress to FUND the general welfare.

James Madison is dead.

If you want to argue that a well educated populace is not a vital national interest, let's hear it.

No, it's not a vital national interest. And even if it were, that doesn't mean the taxpayers should foot the bill.

That's besides the fact we have more kids going to college than ever, and that we are in no shortage of students. In fact, many college graduates can't even find a job today.

James Madison is dead.

No, it's not a vital national interest. And even if it were, that doesn't mean the taxpayers should foot the bill.

That's besides the fact we have more kids going to college than ever, and that we are in no shortage of students. In fact, many college graduates can't even find a job today.
Holy shit. This guy actually just said he believes that an educated population is not a vital national interest.

At least we now know his level of educational attainment...barely passed high school.

Wow...I've seriously seen some inane things here but that one comment may have just taken the cake.

Forum List

Back