Since SCOTUS Decision, a 5% Turn Against Homo 'Marriage'

I didn't say they weren't. But not because someone is gay. They go to jail for violating anti-discrimination laws and for ignoring court orders.
Ignoring court orders to accommodate sham marriages is our right of protest. Kim Davis is doing the work of MLK when he went to jail for righteous reasons. You don't condemn him. Or do you? Be consistent.

I am quite consistent. But comparing Davis with MLK is laughable. He was fighting against prejudice. She is fighting FOR it.

But if you want her to be MLK, why complain that she went to jail? She violated a court order. That gets you sent to jail.
. public officials have a right to have their religious convictions accommodated too.
So...if I worked for the government and "claimed" that my religion and my god prevented me from serving you (for whatever reason I come up with), that's ok?
Yes Bodecea. If we couldn't work out a compromise. Although I think we could have. As for Kim's case, the gays and the judge could have easily done that. They didn't need her signature on that document to legalize their marriage. That's the story that isn't being reported. The fact is the gays wanted to FORCE her to acknowledge the legitimately of their marriage. What is the point? You know this marriage law is being forced on us by 5 people in black robes. That's no way to change society. But that's how liberals do things people don't want.

I don't hate or fear gays. I hate this law and what it is doing to divide us all.

She instructed her clerks not to issue licenses.

The fact is she didn't want anyone in her office to issue marriage licenses if any of the marriage licenses were for same gender couples.

If you don't like 'gays' being able to marry each other- then simply don't marry a gay. Nothing is being forced on you.

Great site with polls on gay marriage
Civil Rights

Quinnipiac shows a 5% drop since April of 2015- from 58% to 53%
Pew shows a 3% drop- from 57% to 54%
ABC shows 52%
Gallup shows a drop from 60%(60%!) to 58%
CNN shows support at 59%
NBC 57%
CBS 57%
CNN 63%

What is the range of approval?

Between 52%-58%

The majority of Americans support the rights of Americans to marry, regardless of the gender of their spouses.

Forum List

Back