🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

Maybe they should have gotten together with the
producers of ABC School House Rock

"abortion, abortion, what's your function..."
:eusa_whistle:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZqI5b5wGA4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZqI5b5wGA4[/ame]

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (BP) -- The fallout from Planned Parenthood's triumph in its public relations war with Susan G. Komen for the Cure continues, even as a new report to Congress suggests 20 percent of the abortion provider's affiliates could be guilty of waste and fraud involving government funds.

Karen Handel
Karen Handel, Komen's senior vice president for public policy, resigned Feb. 7, only a week after her organization's decision to defund Planned Parenthood was reported. Her resignation was not a shock after an onslaught of Planned Parenthood-fueled outrage against the world's leading breast cancer charity prompted Komen to backtrack Feb. 3 by announcing Planned Parenthood affiliates would remain eligible for grants.

Meanwhile, the Alliance Defense Fund (ADF) -- in a report prepared for a congressional investigation of the country's No. 1 abortion provider -- released evidence Feb. 7 showing waste, abuse and potential fraud by Planned Parenthood affiliates. Among its findings, ADF reported audits of seven of 79 affiliates over a 14-year period found nearly $8 million of fraud, waste and abuse.

The Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and its affiliates received $487.4 million in government grants, contracts and reimbursements alone in 2009-10, the most recent year for which statistics are available. PPFA clinics performed 329,445 abortions in 2010, which was more than one-fourth of the lethal procedures in the United States for the year.

Some critics of Komen's defunding decision had targeted Handel for blame in the organization's initial decision to halt grants to PPFA affiliates. A former Georgia secretary of State, she called for defunding Planned Parenthood during an unsuccessful gubernatorial run in 2010.

Baptist Press - Controversy sticks with Komen, Planned Parent. - News with a Christian Perspective

t/p Moonbattery
Check out this strange cartoon they made in 1995
For some reason Planned Parenthood has taken it off their website

Curiously, all who oppose the abortion rights folks are white people. The first scene has a strangely attired man telling kids about abstinence.

They say Planned Parenthood is the place to go for ”all your healthcare needs and reproductive advice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l0SAVeK2Rg]Planned Parenthood Propaganda Video: A Superhero for Choice - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, just, WOW. At one point a senator feels great after being cleansed of the stench of misinformed conservatism!!! Not to mention the 'hero' kills several people in the very beginning.

The video has nothing to do with helping people or medical services. It is a bullshit propagandist video.

Curiously, all who oppose the abortion rights folks are white people. The first scene has a strangely attired man telling kids about abstinence.
Propagandist Bullshit, serving the Genocide of Minorities around the World. Spin, Spin, Spin.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg73MRomwSA]The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! - YouTube[/ame]
The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn!

Here are a couple of older Articles. I'm rushed this Morning.

Black pastors unite against abortion: the modern day genocide

The DeLuz Brothers: Black pastors unite against abortion: the modern day genocide

------------------------------------------------------------

CANTON —

A group of black pastors on Monday combined a homage to Black History Month with a protest against abortion, arguing that it has resulted in black genocide.

The local “National Day of Mourning” event was organized by the Revs. Walter and Darleen Moss of New Beginnings Foursquare Church, in conjunction with the National Black Pro-Life Coalition and 40 Days of Life Canton.

About three dozen people took part in an hour-long protest in front of Planned Parenthood of Stark County at 2663 Cleveland Ave. NW. Similar events were conducted in 14 other states.

Blacks make up 12 percent of the population and 36 percent of all abortion procedures, according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control. The National Black Pro-Life Coalition claims that 53.2 percent of all black pregnancies end in abortion.

Black pastors lead Planned Parenthood picket - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

The DeLuz Brothers: Black pastors unite against abortion: the modern day genocide

CANTON —

A group of black pastors on Monday combined a homage to Black History Month with a protest against abortion, arguing that it has resulted in black genocide.

The local “National Day of Mourning” event was organized by the Revs. Walter and Darleen Moss of New Beginnings Foursquare Church, in conjunction with the National Black Pro-Life Coalition and 40 Days of Life Canton.

About three dozen people took part in an hour-long protest in front of Planned Parenthood of Stark County at 2663 Cleveland Ave. NW. Similar events were conducted in 14 other states.

Blacks make up 12 percent of the population and 36 percent of all abortion procedures, according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control. The National Black Pro-Life Coalition claims that 53.2 percent of all black pregnancies end in abortion.

Good for them. It's about time that people woke up to the horrific stats on abortion with black Americans. It is nothing short of a cull of human beings by left wing murderers.

CANTON —

Good for them. It's about time that people woke up to the horrific stats on abortion with black Americans. It is nothing short of a cull of human beings by left wing murderers.

I've always wondered why it is that a lot of liberals are so concerned about race and inequality when it comes to blacks imprisoned or using drugs and then ignore the facts like the abortion rate among black is higher, they seem to keep quiet there. Selective anger on minorities suggest that perhaps they use race to further their cause and care nothing of the race itself.

This just the type of issue that will play into Santorum's presidential victory. Obama is Obama's worst enemy.

No, but I'm aware of what Catholics generally are saying about it.

So the polls are wrong, you are right. Seriously? Are you seriously this lacking in self-awareness that you can't see how ridiculous you sound?

I think the polls are skewing results to show what they want them to... in order to 'back up' Obama's lies. And, frankly, I don't care what the polls say... the Church does not create its doctrine by polls.

Fact remains, Obama promised that he would ensure this did not happen. He lied. And you might allow him to throw you under the bus.... but we won't.

Obama lies , say isnt so:eusa_eh:

...on their non Catholic employees?

Churches are exempt from the ruling.

However, religious institutions that employ and serve people outside their faith -- hospitals, elementary schools, universities -- have to comply with the requirement to cover birth control if they offer health insurance coverage for employees. That means such Catholic institutions, which employ and serve wide swaths of non-Catholics across the country, will not be exempt, despite church teachings against use of contraception.

Obama Administration's New Contraception Rule Puts Key Catholic Vote at Risk

What gives the Catholic church (or any church, for that matter) the right to force their religious convictions on employees who aren't even catholic?

Better question...

What gives an employee the right to force their lack of belief in the convictions of the Catholic Church on the Catholic Church?

This is a free country. If you dont agree with your empoloyer, you have the right to quit your job. It happens everyday.

desperate to find a solid reason to hate obama, the usual suspects hump this catholic issue without protection, perspective and/or taste.

visual:

mistake.gif

The government needs to get out of the business of supporting faith based charities..post haste.

those faith based charities do for the people with no strings attached.

Government does for the people with strings attached.

Given a choice, I want my tax money going to faith based charities.

The government needs to get out of the business of supporting faith based charities..post haste.

Can't stand the competition huh? Charities make it tougher on entitlements I guess.

It always makes me laugh when idiots pronounce that the government should 'get out' of supporting faith based charities or that faith based charities should not receive government funding. They clearly have no concept of the 'law of unintended consequences'. Much like their bullshit about 'tax the churches'.... never actually research that before they form their halfwitted opinions. They just regurgitate crap.

I think the polls are skewing results to show what they want them to... in order to 'back up' Obama's lies. And, frankly, I don't care what the polls say... the Church does not create its doctrine by polls.

Fact remains, Obama promised that he would ensure this did not happen. He lied. And you might allow him to throw you under the bus.... but we won't.

The polls have been showing for decades that most Catholic women use birth control.

Whether individual Catholics use it or not is not the issue. They will not see the issue as that. The issue is that the Church does not. Catholics can and do differentiate between the individual and the official policy of the Church. They will - if pushed (like they are being with Obama) - support the Church's official policy, regardless of their individual choices. They will see it for what it is... an attack on our faith. And so will other faiths... because they already are seeing it that way.

You are looking at it from a very simplistic attitude. It is not a simple issue. It is not about the individuals - it is about the Church.

You never answered my question as to whether or not you use birth control. Was that too personal?

The issue is business regulation, not religious freedom. A Catholic university is not a house of worship, it is a business enterprise. It hires non-Catholics and Catholics alike under the business and labor laws of the United States, which has the right to regulate business.

It is discrimination against the employees to exempt a Church business from an otherwise applicable law.

If the principle you want applied were legitimate, then it would entitle the Church's businesses to hire ONLY Catholics, or, even, only women who swore to never use birth control.

those faith based charities do for the people with no strings attached.

Government does for the people with strings attached.

Given a choice, I want my tax money going to faith based charities.

No they don't. Hence this situation.

They're are plenty of strings that come along with faith based help.

And there is the constitionality of it.

Can't stand the competition huh? Charities make it tougher on entitlements I guess.

It always makes me laugh when idiots pronounce that the government should 'get out' of supporting faith based charities or that faith based charities should not receive government funding. They clearly have no concept of the 'law of unintended consequences'. Much like their bullshit about 'tax the churches'.... never actually research that before they form their halfwitted opinions. They just regurgitate crap.

When the charity gets my tax money, it becomes a dispenser of government 'entitlements'.

Forum List

Back