Single-payer HC plan IS the answer......

MORON single payer means there is ONE and only ONE payer.

Actually, you're just stupid........the above is NOT the definition of single payer.; it does NOT mean ONE payer...........Here you fuck head, apologize......LOL

Single-payer health healthcare collects all medical fees and then pays for all services, by a single government (or government-related) source. .

Ah, so now you want to divert from YOUR thread topic and discuss why American exceptionalism is a fallacy. Sorry, with respect to the OP I'll stick to the thread topic.

So you want the Swiss to run our VA system. You're a cruel heartless bastard. Many of those in the VA can't afford to buy their own insurance like those in Switzerland do. Now what?

You're getting MORE more stupid with each post.......you are babbling on like a fucking moron........

It was YOU who suggested that the Swiss run our VA......and since I felt sorry for your babbling I sarcastically agreed.......Look I don't like wrestling with pigs all that much, find some other way to find your fellow morons think that you're making sense.

All I want is a BETTER HC delivery insurance system,...We do NOT have it.

Ah, so now you want to divert from YOUR thread topic and discuss why American exceptionalism is a fallacy. Sorry, with respect to the OP I'll stick to the thread topic.

So you want the Swiss to run our VA system. You're a cruel heartless bastard. Many of those in the VA can't afford to buy their own insurance like those in Switzerland do. Now what?

You're getting MORE more stupid with each post.......you are babbling on like a fucking moron........

It was YOU who suggested that the Swiss run our VA......and since I felt sorry for your babbling I sarcastically agreed.......Look I don't like wrestling with pigs all that much, find some other way to find your fellow morons think that you're making sense.

Great, let's get back to discussing a better system. In your opinion a better system is single payer, or at least that is what you suggested in your thread topic. Now let's dig into discussing single payer. Since you argue for single payer, will you give me a brief outline of your vision of a US single payer system? Is it as simple as just adding a tax, collecting the money, paying for the healthcare of all citizens with that money? Do we also pay for non-citizens out of that pool? Just let me know your vision.

Since you argue for single payer, will you give me a brief outline of your vision of a US single payer system?

NO !!!! NOT my job to entertain your fucked up egging on....
Go hump a lamppost....LOL

Since you argue for single payer, will you give me a brief outline of your vision of a US single payer system?

So what is the purpose of your post, if not to engage in a discussion about the type of single payer healthcare system you want? I am at a loss in trying to understand why you even started this thread if you don't want to discuss the topic of single payer.

Now that even the slow-witted Trump has admitted that "who knew that health care reform would be so hard"........it is time for democrats to use the single-payer option as the benchmark of what we must enact have a BETTER and CHEAPER health care insurance plan to cover EVERYBODY (remember that it was Trump who listed those 3 factors that I've place in caps as the reason for voting for him.)

The rest of the civilized planet has long adopted the single-payer system.....and the option has proven cheaper with other countries' citizens having longer lives and less morbidity.

Who would LOSE under such a single payer system???
Insurance companies' CEOs and their board members.

Who would WIN under such a single payer system???
ALL of us.....

the VA is single payer. Need I say more?

So what is the purpose of your post, if not to engage in a discussion about the type of single payer healthcare system you want? I am at a loss in trying to understand why you even started this thread if you don't want to discuss the topic of single payer.

gnat was told to post that single payer is the only answer. He obviously doesn't even know how it would work or who the single payer would be. He is like most liberals-------stupid and arrogant, not to mention ignorant.

Now that even the slow-witted Trump has admitted that "who knew that health care reform would be so hard"........it is time for democrats to use the single-payer option as the benchmark of what we must enact have a BETTER and CHEAPER health care insurance plan to cover EVERYBODY (remember that it was Trump who listed those 3 factors that I've place in caps as the reason for voting for him.)

The rest of the civilized planet has long adopted the single-payer system.....and the option has proven cheaper with other countries' citizens having longer lives and less morbidity.

Who would LOSE under such a single payer system???
Insurance companies' CEOs and their board members.

Who would WIN under such a single payer system???
ALL of us.....

the VA is single payer. Need I say more?

Hey Redfish- I can tell you, Nat has no intention of having a discussion about single payer. I have been trying to pry out of him what his idea of single payer system is, and I've come to the conclusion that he has no idea. My summary- he is a liberal who generally doesn't like his country, hates Trump(understandable), has heard his liberal buddies talk about single payer, and decided to start a thread to bash Trump and republicans under the guise of discussing healthcare policy.

gnat was told to post that single payer is the only answer. He obviously doesn't even know how it would work or who the single payer would be. He is like most liberals-------stupid and arrogant, not to mention ignorant.

Yep, that seems to be the prevailing opinion of Nat and his attempt at starting a thread.

Yep, that seems to be the prevailing opinion of Nat and his attempt at starting a thread.

gnat = a small irritating insect of no value and with no purpose in life other than to irritate.

bullshit. We have the best medical system in the entire world.

Er...umm... how do you propose to deal with the exacerbated shortage of medical care that would be attendant with a single payer system (in case you weren't aware we already have shortages of medical care in the U.S. which is why there is an upward pressure on prices)?

hate to interfere with your biases, but here's an idea.......
You believe the laws of supply and demand are "biases" ?

Would you or would you not agree that doctors make a pretty good living???.............Yes or No? (careful there.)
"pretty good" is relative and doctors wages are subject to the laws of supply and demand just like anything else, you cap doctors wages and you will get less supply of doctors.

Then, how's about we made medical schools a bit more affordable?
How do you propose to go about doing that?

How's about capping malpractice insurance pay-outs?
That's been happening on the state level and from everything I've read it's been effective at modest cost reduction in most states that have implemented it but it's a STATE issue, the federal government has no constitutional authority to dictate civil judgement caps to state courts.

How's about (though single payer) having the removal of lengthy filings that forces doctors to spend inordinate time on paper work?
I'm all for the reduction of paperwork and administrative overhead imposed on health care providers but when has introducing more government ever accomplished that? Under the current system the government adds more administrative overhead to health care than anybody else, single payer is likely to make that burden worse not better.

Have I answered your question?
Not even close; you have not addressed how to deal with the shortages brought on by single payer imposed binding price ceilings and you didn't even attempt to address how a single payer system would be financed.

BTW, in urban areas, the ratio of doctors to patients exceeds most other countries.....We do NOT have a scarcity of doctors...what we DO have is the availability of doctors in rural areas.
Look again, the ratio of doctors to patients is irrelevant, the relevant statistic is the availability of healthcare at an acceptable quality level and in a timely fashion, healthcare isn't a monolithic market so the acuteness of shortages varies by specialty, once you cap prices shortages will get worse depending on where price ceilings are imposed relative to the market equilibrium price, the greater the difference the greater the shortage.

Thanks for trying but it would appear you need to do some more research and think things through with respect to the benefits AND negative consequences of single payer.

After over 230 posts on this thread and reading your moronic answers......Yes, I've had enough of your bullshit.......

Stick with the HC system we have now.....I mean, what could go wrong???...LOL

Single payer = indentured servitude for those that work in the healthcare industry.

The left truly are an immoral people.

Plus there's the legality of the idea: There isn't a thing in the enumerated powers of the Constitution that grants the federal government the power to run healthcare. You'll need an amendment. Good luck with that.

So if you do get your amendment, can we all look forward to VA-like care?

Monumentally stupid idea.
Single payer = indentured servitude for those that work in the healthcare industry.

How so?

The only difference is who pays.

If you're a healthcare worker, you should be free to work for a wage or a fee you believe is adequate for the labor you're provide, just like any industry.

But with single payer, you all of a sudden have the right to demand that my sister, who is a nurse, care for you.

Using government-backed compulsion to force someone to labor on another's behalf....perhaps you're right, that's not indentured servitude, that's slavery.

And WHO pays is also a moral issue. Forcing me to fund your scheme is simple theft. You should have no more a right to take my money because you're sick anymore than I should be able to rob the grocery store because I'm hungry.

How do you reach that conclusion?
Do you know what single payer even means?

In what way is single payer a "hand out"?

In its SIMPLEST of forms, what single payer can do is this........

Whereas I now send a check to some private insurer who will ARBITRARILY and UNILATERALLY raise my premium and/or deductible...

At the very least, if I send a check to a federal agency for the same care....and that agency also opts to raise my premium.....I HAVE my humble vote to request WHY from my senators and house reps..

Is the question, 'How most quickly to get the federal deficit to 20 Trillion?'
The quickest way to get to a $20 trillion debt is to give away $1.4 trillion in tax expenditures to special interests every year.

Oh, wait.

We already do that, and we are already closing in on a $20 trillion debt.

Huh!

After over 230 posts on this thread and reading your moronic answers......Yes, I've had enough of your bullshit.......

Stick with the HC system we have now.....I mean, what could go wrong???...LOL

It looks like we are sticking with what we have, that being BOcare. You are long on bitching and complaining, and very short on solutions. You started a thread about single payer, and then refused to actually discuss the topic. You apparently entertained yourself however, considering how many of your post ended with "lol".

Forum List

Back