SJW's have ruined Movies/TVseries

Is there an entity bankrolling modern film producers to cover and insure all of their losses?

• Total voters
Ratings suck because the Oscars suck

All awards shows suck

TV ratings are down across all spectrums. The main factor being computers and smartphones.

Most young people today stream their viewing preferences, having grandchildren, I can attest to this fact.

Have you noticed how threads similar to this one all have a running theme?

Boomers astonished the world didn't stop when they were born, and young people don't accept their norms, or entertainment.

You're supposed to grow old gracefully, and be thankful for long life.

Not the conservative snowflakes of tRumpland.

They're going to force you to hear their grievances from any venue available.

I just can't figure out why my grandkids stream their entertainment.

All awards shows suck

TV ratings are down across all spectrums. The main factor being computers and smartphones.

Most young people today stream their viewing preferences, having grandchildren, I can attest to this fact.

Boomers astonished the world didn't stop when they were born, and young people don't accept their norms, or entertainment.

So you're aware that Hollywood and other film producers utilize smartphone platforms, correct? Ratings have not been measured by pure TV viewership for quite some time now.

All awards shows suck

Stop stealing money from the peasant. That is all you ave to do. And then things will start to fall in place.

I cannot imagine how much you people's lives must suck in that you cannot even watch a TV show or movie without viewing it through your myopic political prism.

Is there any part of your lives that you do not tie directly to politics? Are you thinking about Trump when you have sex with your significant others?
I can only speak for myself but...

That is not the problem. It is not a case of me wanting to inject politics into a movie or show I am watching but rather the show forcing it there. The best example I can recall at the moment is supergirl. The last season I watched went off the rails trying to force a transgender character in where there was no real story, purpose or reason to do so in the manner that they did and then tried to make the whole damn show about SJW issues. It cheapened the whole story and made the show impossible to enjoy.

There is good storytelling where these issues arise naturally and the tension around them is part of the fabric of the story. Then there is this crap we are getting today where it is thrown in to preach to the viewer, pulls you out of the story line and ultimately does not fit into the experience itself.

There is a real impact on quality entertainment. Hopefully Hollywood will abandon this incessant predilection to preach to its customers.

Supergirl lost me well before that point. It was a show that had a lot to offer. It was quite sad.

The leftists believe that things might be bad now and they are losing money it will get better as the leftist vision infiltrates more and more. Put gays in every tv show and movie. The repetition will make gays familiar and comfortable. Butt fucking will be normal. That's why Mayor Buttplug kisses his boyfriend at every campaign stop. Make every couple interracial and people will no longer care. They believe time is on their side and these failures are investments.

Sometimes even the SJWs go to far. The HBO series, the Watchmen, was so over the top racist that there will be no second season.

Speaking of Watchmen (one of the most pivotal examples for this thread in recent history)

Comics Fanboys Are Pissed About ‘Watchmen’

It’s certainly not unusual for critics and the general public to have differing opinions about TV shows and movies. But it’s a whole other thing when a series like Watchmen gets near-uniform critical praise, with some going so far as to call it “one of the best pilots ever,” and earns a 98 percent fresh score from professional critics on Rotten Tomatoes, yet the site’s audience score comes in at less than half that, at 45 percent rotten.

In this quote the left wing rag (dailybeast) already says "not unusual for critics and the general public to have differing opinions about TV shows and movies." That's not a problem with the general public...that's a problem with the politically hyper-left critic agencies that don't reflect the views of the general public.

In fact we saw the OPPOSITE with the Witcher, who had very high scores from the general public (me) and low scores from the critics for "not being gay enough." Many of these critics were eventually forced to admit that they didn't even watch the Witcher, and simply uploaded a collection of left wing talking points on the subject.

Scathing The Witcher Review Didn't Even Watch 50% of Netflix's Show
https://reclaimthenet.org/entertainment-weekly-netflix-the-witcher/

The review is written by two critics, Kristen Baldwin and Darren Franich, who now admit to skipping most of the episodes.

With critics now openly admitting that they don’t watch the shows before giving their final ratings, this rift between fans and critics looks like it’s only going to get bigger going forward.

Now look at how left wing rag "dailybeast" goes on, in order to explain the disparity.

It appears that Watchmen is the latest target of something called “review bombing,” in which trolls and agenda-driven users flood a forum like Rotten Tomatoes or IMDb with one-star reviews in order to drain its ratings score and create the illusion that it’s hated or unpopular.

Hate to break it to ya bed wetters; people don't have the time to review bomb products UNLESS THEY REALLY FUCKING HATE IT.

I loved the idea of a watchman tv series. Until I heard the details. What the fuck.

It was a great series, Loved every minute of it. You are missing out

Does not sound like it, from what I saw in that review.

I saw the first five minutes of episode one. It was that bad. Most viewers thought so too.

That is what I have heard. I have seen some clips. Looks like complete shit.

All awards shows suck

Stop stealing money from the peasant. That is all you ave to do. And then things will start to fall in place.
da fuq

All awards shows suck

It could be a factor of the poor product coming out of hollywood.

All awards shows suck

There were some good movies up for Best Picture....1917, The Irishman, Marriage Story, Ford vs Ferrari, To Live and Die in Hollywood

Have no idea what Parasite was

I guarantee they aren't losing money.

Except Star Wars lost 1/2 a billion in revenue matching viewer complaints about SJW and far left shit.

SJW Politics Have Handed Star Wars Its First Bomb With ‘Solo’
Except, of course, it isn’t.

“The Last Jedi” made $300 million less than “The Force Awakens,” and the previous year’s “Rogue One” made $100 million less than that. A Star Wars movie almost always finishes no. 1 at the yearly box office, but with “Black Panther,” “Avengers” and “Jurassic World,” “Solo” won’t even medal this year. (And the franchise has utterly failed in China, a country with zero patience for SJW politics.)

Companies don't exist to lose money; they exist to MAXIMIZE their profits. Someone is bank rolling this.
On an occasional basis, yes. They can't win every single time.

Overall they make tons of money.

All awards shows suck

There were some good movies up for Best Picture....1917, The Irishman, Marriage Story, Ford vs Ferrari, To Live and Die in Hollywood

I've barely heard of three of them. Hollywood has really driven me away. And I used to love to go to the movies. And I have the income to take my family or friends on a regular basis.

And I don't because they have spent decades working hard to drive me away.

I cannot imagine how much you people's lives must suck in that you cannot even watch a TV show or movie without viewing it through your myopic political prism.

Is there any part of your lives that you do not tie directly to politics? Are you thinking about Trump when you have sex with your significant others?
Brilliant. Condemn the observer for noticing something is wrong. Yes Virginia, this IS political. Because the scriptwriters of these various shows put it there...Nice try though.

Brilliant. Condemn the observer for noticing something is wrong. Yes Virginia, this IS political. Because the scriptwriters of these various shows put it there...Nice try though.

People see what they want to see. If they want to see something political, they will see something political. Hell, the OP counted the number of homosexual sex scenes they had in GOT!

:21::21::21::21:

But yeah, that is something normal people do!:113:

People see what they want to see. If they want to see something political, they will see something political. Hell, the OP counted the number of homosexual sex scenes they had in GOT!

Nice try. No, this isn't a Rorschach test, the politics are VERY obvious. They even beak the canon of various programs, its painfully obvious to the point of cringe. You could care less, and I am wasting my time...

I recall this debate I had back in the day with this lib about Avatar. I claimed it had all these anti-American messages in it, and this lib said I was being too sensitive and seeing what was not there. We went back and forth a while, until I had a hunch and went looking for interviews with the director/producer/writer James Cameron.

And in the interview, he talked about how he purposefully put all these political messages in the movie, all the ones I had said.

This is not about us being overly sensitive. It is about us not wanting to put up with their shit.

All awards shows suck

I've barely heard of three of them. Hollywood has really driven me away. And I used to love to go to the movies. And I have the income to take my family or friends on a regular basis.

And I don't because they have spent decades working hard to drive me away.

Good movies that even a Conservative could love.
Hardly the material of Social Justice

You don’t go because you are too cheap

The Irishman and Marriage Story were on Netflix, both excellent movies

I recall this debate I had back in the day with this lib about Avatar. I claimed it had all these anti-American messages in it, and this lib said I was being too sensitive and seeing what was not there. We went back and forth a while, until I had a hunch and went looking for interviews with the director/producer/writer James Cameron.

And in the interview, he talked about how he purposefully put all these political messages in the movie, all the ones I had said.

This is not about us being overly sensitive. It is about us not wanting to put up with their shit.
LOL

Avatar was about saving the environment...

THE BASTARDS

i was blown away after

LOL

THE BASTARDS
Avatar was a singular example. Start Trek, or Dr. Who franchises, different matter. They've been co-opted on some politically correct tangent that that were forced and irrelevant.

i was blown away after

LOL

THE BASTARDS
Avatar was a singular example. Start Trek, or Dr. Who franchises, different matter. They've been co-opted on some politically correct tangent that that were forced and irrelevant.
I thought Avatar sucked

But it was about destruction of the environment. Hard to make a movie in favor of destroying the environment

Forum List

Back