SKIN COLOR IS PROBABLE CAUSE

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Driving while brown: KY prosecutor ripped for saying being Hispanic is probable cause for arrest

Driving while brown: KY prosecutor ripped for saying being Hispanic is probable cause for arrest

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:
Assistant County Attorney Travis Combs can be heard saying the defense claims Martinez was “stopped because he was Hispanic.” Carter, who was standing next to Combs, can be heard adding, “That’s probable cause.”

“I’m going to act like I didn’t hear that,” Martinez attorney Dawn Elliott immediately interjected.
“I am too,” Judge Wheeler said.

**WOW, seems cut and dry....That is unless you ignore everything else and prefer to have people TELL you what they MEANT instead of thinking for yourself.

fta: Carter, a Republican who has been the Oldham County attorney since 2011, claims he was not talking about the man’s racial background, stating, “I never made any reference to the ethnicity of the defendant. And you won’t find it anywhere on the tape.”

OOOOOHhhhh no way. All he said was the guy was hispanic and that was probable cause. WHAT?!!?! Ya'll are tripping if you thought he meant what he said, you guys are awful :rolleyes:

FTA: Defense attorney Elliott disagrees, telling reporters, “Clearly he had an opportunity to clear that up on the record over 24 hours ago, but now there’s buzz about it. My reaction and the judge’s reaction speaks for itself. We certainly interpreted him talking about probable cause for my client’s ethnicity.”

Yeah, well, thats only if you listen to words and speak english and stuff

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:
Assistant County Attorney Travis Combs can be heard saying the defense claims Martinez was “stopped because he was Hispanic.” Carter, who was standing next to Combs, can be heard adding, “That’s probable cause.”

“I’m going to act like I didn’t hear that,” Martinez attorney Dawn Elliott immediately interjected.

**WOW, seems cut and dry....That is unless you ignore everything else and prefer to have people TELL you what they MEANT instead of thinking for yourself.

fta: Carter, a Republican who has been the Oldham County attorney since 2011, claims he was not talking about the man’s racial background, stating, “I never made any reference to the ethnicity of the defendant. And you won’t find it anywhere on the tape.”

OOOOOHhhhh no way. All he said was the guy was hispanic and that was probable cause. WHAT?!!?! Ya'll are tripping if you thought he meant what he said, you guys are awful :rolleyes:

FTA: Defense attorney Elliott disagrees, telling reporters, “Clearly he had an opportunity to clear that up on the record over 24 hours ago, but now there’s buzz about it. My reaction and the judge’s reaction speaks for itself. We certainly interpreted him talking about probable cause for my client’s ethnicity.”

Sounds perfectly logical to me.

M

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:

Must be one of those KY Democrats that hate gays.

Your personal repulsion is one thing (legitimately moral & legal) whatever the reason is. Obviously, in this day & age, it won't be "just because of being a different race" nor "being inferior". Legally doing something against his right is another.

I am guessing that town has a high crime rate by Hispanics or something?

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:

It might be easy for me to say, being a 51 year old white male, who has never been pulled over or profiled for being a 51 year old white male.....but.......

I don't want police to be stifled from pulling over a Hispanic male, because he matches the description of someone who committed a crime, and they're looking for that suspect.

Don't know if that's the case here though

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:

It might be easy for me to say, being a 51 year old white male, who has never been pulled over or profiled for being a 51 year old white male.....but.......

I don't want police to be stifled from pulling over a Hispanic male, because he matches the description of someone who committed a crime, and they're looking for that suspect.

Me neither, except he didnt say he matched the description of any criminal. He simply said that because he looked like he could be a Telemundo viewer then obviously he must be committing a crime....somehow

I didn't take the time to read it past what you posted because you immediately misrepresented what he said. When someone does that, they have an agenda and not truth. Just thought I would correct the record.

Good then hit the road phaggot and take your bullshit accusations with you

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:

Me neither, except he didnt say he matched the description of any criminal. He simply said that because he looked like he could be a Telemundo viewer then obviously he must be committing a crime....somehow
Well then, that's just harassment.

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:

I'm not even surprised that the crazies would try to defend such bigotry.

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:

So what are the details of the case? He obviously wasn't ARRESTED FOR being Hispanic. That's not a crime. What are the. details and context? Did he resemble a suspect the cops were out looking for?

ClosedCaption....surely you read up first before assuming. Right?

ClosedCaption....this is NOT racist though. Right?

You said yourself....skin color is NOT race. You were very clear and firm on that.

Soooo, what did he say?

fta:

So what are the details of the case? He obviously wasn't ARRESTED FOR being Hispanic. That's not a crime. What are the. details and context? Did he resemble a suspect the cops were out looking for?

ClosedCaption....surely you read up first before assuming. Right?
I'm inclined to want the same "details"

Arresting someone just because they're Latino is a now win proposition, and I can't imagine anyone doing that unless they're professionally suicidal

The reason used won't erase the tape of him saying it, or the fact the other two said they were going to act like they didn't hear it. But that's the system. .

Forum List

Back