Zone1 Slavery Was Never About Racism.

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
I am sure most folks already know this fact but for those that do not know the real reason for slavery the vid below does a great job of exposing the truth.

Yes, because so many whites were enslaved in America

the subject is slavery,, not slavery in america,,

if you want to make it about us,, then you would have to talk about this country having slavery in a shorter time period than any other country in the world,,

I do not care about the sins of other nations, I care about my own

Americas institutionalization of slavery was a sin

yes it was a sin and why most of the founders wanted to end it in 1776 and 1791,, but those that later became democrats wouldnt have it,,

again the topic is slavery,, not slavery in america,,

That guy in the video goes on about wealthier tribes enslaving poorer tribes. Maybe only insofar as wealthier tribes were more likely to conquer poorer tribes. Poorer people, per se, weren't enslaved; conquered people were. Slaves were spoils of war.

Dude, you don't care about slavery. You just use that part of this country's history as a virtuous hammer to bludgeon your conservative opponents over the heads with it. Except that it was your party that led us into a civil war over slavery, fer Christ's sake.

Call it what you want, but slavery, when boiled down to the basics, is about one group of people believing that another group of people is so inferior that they can be owned like property.

Slavery was endemic throughout almost all of human history. In the Western Hemisphere, slaves were imported from Africa because of their natural resistance to malaria. The United States inherited this practice from Great Britain. It took the U.S. almost 80 years to end 170 years of British slavery. The repercussions are still being felt.

To summarize: Throughout recorded history, there has always been slavery. Even today there are slaves, look at the Uyghurs in China, but of course on a much lesser scale than times past. We should all know this, and sadly, many in America only know of slavery occurring on this continent as a result of white Europeans. That's because Americans are woefully ignorant of world history.

To summarize: Throughout recorded history, there has always been slavery. Even today there are slaves, look at the Uyghurs in China, but of course on a much lesser scale than times past.
BULLSHIT,, there are more people in slavery today than most of human history,,

Right, and that is why we ended it and actually, as an independent nation, we had slavery exist for a very short period of time.... much shorter that any other major nation. The historical fact of slavery is used a lot by LeftWingers as a wedge issue even today as they try to use it to prove how racist we all are. thats why there are some of you who say that the LAW itself is racist, police departments are racist and were formed as a racist institution from the very begining, designed to hunt down runaway slaves...etc.
While your correct slavery was a sin of our nation, it needs to be kept real.

Dude, you don't care about slavery. You just use that part of this country's history as a virtuous hammer to bludgeon your conservative opponents over the heads with it. Except that it was your party that led us into a civil war over slavery, fer Christ's sake.

My friend you do not know the history.....The War Between The States was not about ending slavery.

That a good possibility, considering there were only a billion people on the planet in 1800, and 8 billion today. I honestly can't say if the human trafficking you refer to exceed the number of people captured for slavery.
have you ever googled how many slaves currently exist??

you might want to,,

Forum List

Back