slow lane Senate ..

I'd rather they do it right than do it quick.

eight years later and they dont even have a rough draft ..

sure, by all means take your time ....

Let's be honest here, the GOP had plenty of plans during those 8 years from a lot of people. Problem is they never reached any consensus on any of them cuz there was no point in doing so. And that is because Reid wouldn't do squat on the issue in the Senate and Obama would've vetoed it anyway. So it would've been a big waste of everyone's time.

That said, the Dems rammed through a piece of shit called the ACA that nobody liked. They lied about how many would be covered, lied about keeping your insurance and your doctor, and lied about the cost. So your side has absolutely nothing to be proud of.

Let's be honest here, the GOP had plenty of plans during those 8 years from a lot of people. Problem is they never reached any consensus on any of them cuz there was no point in doing so. And that is because Reid wouldn't do squat on the issue in the Senate and Obama would've vetoed it anyway. So it would've been a big waste of everyone's time.

That said, the Dems rammed through a piece of shit called the ACA that nobody liked. They lied about how many would be covered, lied about keeping your insurance and your doctor, and lied about the cost. So your side has absolutely nothing to be proud of.
The gop has a consenus now?

Just because the Democrats do it, it is okay for Republicans to do it? The Republicans just rammed through a bill that no one liked. They are lying about everything about this bill. Millions will lose their coverage because of the loss of subsidies and higher rates that will result from this. This bill may be even more devious than the Democrat bill. Rather than jettisoning coverage for people with pre-existing conditions and preventing insurers from jacking up rates on some people, they rely on states to do it.

You know what's funny?

Trump and the Chumps are calling the House bill a "repeal of ObamaCare".

It isn't.

The Chumps are too stupid to read the shit for themselves (it's longer than a tweet), and so they parrot whatever bullshit is fed to them by Trump and his propaganda allies.

Trump could tell them the House bill has a ban on birth control, and they'd bleev him.

I'd rather them not do it at all.

Pretty hard to take away a benefit; once given too many people will bitch and complain, it'd be political suicide

Just long enough to get that bill through the House. Apparently the Senate is going to do their own thing and maybe take their time doing it, so no, the GOP does not have a consensus.

Just because the Democrats do it, it is okay for Republicans to do it?
It's Okay When Trump Does It!™

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The Repubs have rammed through a piece of shit call the AHCA that nobody likes. They have lied about how many will be covered, lied about keeping your insurance and your doctor, and lied about the cost.

There's a reason they rammed this second version through before the OMB could comment on it.

Just because the Democrats do it, it is okay for Republicans to do it? The Republicans just rammed through a bill that no one liked. They are lying about everything about this bill. Millions will lose their coverage because of the loss of subsidies and higher rates that will result from this. This bill may be even more devious than the Democrat bill. Rather than jettisoning coverage for people with pre-existing conditions and preventing insurers from jacking up rates on some people, they rely on states to do it.

As I said, I'd rather the Repubs do it right than do it quick. Frankly I do like the idea of relying on the states to formulate their own health care programs, a one size fits all approach doesn't strike me as the way to go. That an allow insurance companies to sell insurance across state line and a few other things.

As I said, I'd rather the Repubs do it right than do it quick. Frankly I do like the idea of relying on the states to formulate their own health care programs, a one size fits all approach doesn't strike me as the way to go. That an allow insurance companies to sell insurance across state line and a few other things.
Insurance companies need to be able to do more than sell across state lines. They need to be able to sell insurance nationwide. Just like auto, home, and life insurance is.

Not even the Republican version allows that.

Trump parrots shit of which he doesn't have an inkling of understanding. He is the sock puppet of Steve Bannon. A rube.

Watch out when you hear Trump or some other dumb shit saying "across state lines". That phrase was invented by a very devious person.

It is completely different from being able to sell nationwide.

You should be able to buy health insurance the same way you buy auto, home, and life insurance. You should be able to pick up the phone, or go online, and contact any health insurance company in the country and buy from them.

Neither ObamaCare or the Republican plan allow that.

Pretty hard to take away a benefit; once given too many people will bitch and complain, it'd be political suicide

Just long enough to get that bill through the House. Apparently the Senate is going to do their own thing and maybe take their time doing it, so no, the GOP does not have a consensus.
This not a criticism of points of view, but it seems to me there are some gopers whose views are diametrically opposed to others'. I think there's still the division there that existed in 08. Some gopers want to even end medicare on the belief that gummit has no role at all (I realize they are about hyperbole because the gummit has been in the HC biz since the 1930s) and others have little problem with expanding Medicaid to cover lower income workers who lost HC due to globalization.

It's hard for me to see them as having any positive effect so long as one part of the party is so intolerant that it will primary fellow gopers.

This not a criticism of points of view, but it seems to me there are some gopers whose views are diametrically opposed to others'. I think there's still the division there that existed in 08. Some gopers want to even end medicare on the belief that gummit has no role at all (I realize they are about hyperbole because the gummit has been in the HC biz since the 1930s) and others have little problem with expanding Medicaid to cover lower income workers who lost HC due to globalization.

It's hard for me to see them as having any positive effect so long as one part of the party is so intolerant that it will primary fellow gopers.

Maybe that is a good reason to block grant health care including Medicaid down to the states and let them come up with their ow unique solutions.

Maybe that is a good reason to block grant health care including Medicaid down to the states and let them come up with their ow unique solutions.

enter partisan politics ...

Forum List

Back