"Smaller government" advocates

You funny..

I like how you call me "Comrade" like you are a 1950s Red scare monger

Do you come up with this stuff yourself or does mommy help you?

Anyone that supports civilization and the taxes that are needed to run one is a communist to this idiot.

Right, we're anarchists. Fucking moron

I'm an anarchist, so I can say with authority that you are no anarchist. You foolishly still believe that government can be limited.

Fair enough, it can't.But you foolishly believe it can not exist. LOL

Either way the moron liberals will be minions to Maos and Obamas and crush us with their armies. So if that's the standard, we should just both give it up now

Aren't you a minion to Obama?

Um .. yeah ... that's what I am, always advocating more government ...

:wtf:

Let's go with that

Anyone that supports civilization and the taxes that are needed to run one is a communist to this idiot.

I'm an anarchist, so I can say with authority that you are no anarchist. You foolishly still believe that government can be limited.

Either way the moron liberals will be minions to Maos and Obamas and crush us with their armies. So if that's the standard, we should just both give it up now

Let's go with that

You live under Obama, right? And you used the term. So.... kind of sounds like that is what you are.

Let's go with that

You live under Obama, right? And you used the term. So.... kind of sounds like that is what you are.

First of all, your reading skills are horrible, I was more specific than that. Or just may you're too biased by leftist ideology.

But that aside, What the Fuck are you talking about? I oppose Obama and his Marxist ideology. In what way do you think you're making sense?

Actually, Republican laws like right to work ( right to get paid less) erode the power of workers to negotiate. Throw in attacks on collective bargaining and you have workers right where the wealthy need them....hungry and desperate
'Right to work' is the 'right' to get paid less, the 'right' to be denied full-time employment, the 'right' to be deny benefits, and the 'right' to lose your job for any reason through no fault of your own.

With so many 'rights' it's impossible for many Americans to find a full-time job or make a living wage.

For most of my life I've never worked for any unions and never experienced any of the problems you listed.

Your day doesn't start with your attitude telling your employer that you hate them, does it?

LOL, you can't do that without a union. I have union story after union story to tell but don't have enough room to tell them all. But what the hell, maybe just one:

When I was a teen back in the 70's I was in a rock band. The other guitarist was older than me and worked at the steel mills. I knew he worked on the trains, but never knew what he did.

One day he stopped over while I was on summer vacation and asked if I wanted to take a ride with him to work so he could pickup his paycheck. I've never been inside the mills before, so I tagged along. On the way there, I finally asked what he did exactly.

He told me that he was a union fireman. Confused, I asked what a fireman did? He said his job was to shovel coal into the engine so that it could run. Confused again, I asked "They don't use coal fired engines anymore, do they?" To that he replied, "No they don't, but the union says you have to have a fireman on every train."

They used to pay this guy to ride around on trains all day and do virtually nothing. When the plant closed down, they were screaming that it was big greedy corporations that were responsible.
Yeah and the government requiring copilots on passenger airplanes that does nothing as did the firemen on the trains is the same thing, except the copilots get paid more than the firemen.

Yes, obviously moving coal when it isn't used is the same as a pilot dying on the job and a plane load of people dying. Great point that. Have they posted the job of idiot yet with you being here and all? And where did you get the requirement of having a co-pilot is a union requirement?

I can agree largely except on banning same-sex marriage. Whatever you think of that issue, allowing it expands government, from the local level where more people have to get the licenses, to the expanded government benefits to the newly"married" couples.

But you talk about same sex marriage and benefits. But straight couples had that. I'd be happy to get rid of all benefits towards marriage for both straight and gay, no problem. But as there are benefits for straight, there HAS TO BE benefits for gay.

NO there doesn't HAVE to be, But I'm not going to argue that point,....the point is that government does have to spend more than it did as a result of the ruling.

So what? Govt spends more, but it spends it FAIRLY. Now, gay people pay their taxes and can get the same tax breaks as other people. Fair.
It counters the premiss of the opening post (or first post I responded to)

Well the premise of the OP was that people who support smaller govt, in the main, don't actually follow this up by supporting other things which would show they're actually in favor of smaller govt.
right

'Right to work' is the 'right' to get paid less, the 'right' to be denied full-time employment, the 'right' to be deny benefits, and the 'right' to lose your job for any reason through no fault of your own.

With so many 'rights' it's impossible for many Americans to find a full-time job or make a living wage.

For most of my life I've never worked for any unions and never experienced any of the problems you listed.

Your day doesn't start with your attitude telling your employer that you hate them, does it?

LOL, you can't do that without a union. I have union story after union story to tell but don't have enough room to tell them all. But what the hell, maybe just one:

When I was a teen back in the 70's I was in a rock band. The other guitarist was older than me and worked at the steel mills. I knew he worked on the trains, but never knew what he did.

One day he stopped over while I was on summer vacation and asked if I wanted to take a ride with him to work so he could pickup his paycheck. I've never been inside the mills before, so I tagged along. On the way there, I finally asked what he did exactly.

He told me that he was a union fireman. Confused, I asked what a fireman did? He said his job was to shovel coal into the engine so that it could run. Confused again, I asked "They don't use coal fired engines anymore, do they?" To that he replied, "No they don't, but the union says you have to have a fireman on every train."

They used to pay this guy to ride around on trains all day and do virtually nothing. When the plant closed down, they were screaming that it was big greedy corporations that were responsible.
Yeah and the government requiring copilots on passenger airplanes that does nothing as did the firemen on the trains is the same thing, except the copilots get paid more than the firemen.

Yes, obviously moving coal when it isn't used is the same as a pilot dying on the job and a plane load of people dying. Great point that. Have they posted the job of idiot yet with you being here and all? And where did you get the requirement of having a co-pilot is a union requirement?

You are well on your way to getting on Frigid's ignore list.

You guys have conributed heavily to the rapid massive expansion of the size of our Government. You're just as bad, if not worse than Communists/Progressives.

So we have terrorists coming over our border, getting on airplanes, killing thousands of Americans, and your libertarian position is to do nothing? Maybe that's why we'll never see a Libertarian President in our lifetime.

There is a piece I would like you to read, it's called the US Constitution. The founders charged our leaders with the protection of our country. It's their duty to protect us from enemies within or outside of our borders.

Maybe our founders were big government people too.......at least by your standards.

Maybe your Government should stop starting wars all over the world? That would be a good start to really securing our country. And i've always supported securing our border. I supported it when it wasn't fashionable for you Johnny-Come-Latelys to. You 'Small Government Republicans' opposed it for years. You couldn't get enough of your Slave Labor.

So, you really wanna secure our country? End the Permanant War and secure our border. We don't need Big Brother taking our rights away in the name of 'Security.' Our Founding Fathers would be appalled at what our Government is doing.

No, they would actually applaud them--at least when it comes to securing the country.

What they would object to is our federal government being in every nook and cranny of our life; from forced healthcare to telling us what we should eat or weigh; From robbing the rich and supporting the lazy.

And how is it my rights were never violated and yours were? Can you tell me what rights you were denied of or what rights of yours were violated?

Boy are you Big Government Authoritarians way off. Our Founding Fathers would be appalled at what you've done to the country. You can't give up Liberty for Security. You'll end up with neither.

I gave up neither. How about you?

Yes you have. And after the next major Terrorist event, you'll beg Big Brother to take more away. You'll continue to do what our Foundng Fathers warned against. You guys aren't for small/less Government. That's just a matter of convenience for you.

So we have terrorists coming over our border, getting on airplanes, killing thousands of Americans, and your libertarian position is to do nothing? Maybe that's why we'll never see a Libertarian President in our lifetime.

There is a piece I would like you to read, it's called the US Constitution. The founders charged our leaders with the protection of our country. It's their duty to protect us from enemies within or outside of our borders.

Maybe our founders were big government people too.......at least by your standards.

Maybe your Government should stop starting wars all over the world? That would be a good start to really securing our country. And i've always supported securing our border. I supported it when it wasn't fashionable for you Johnny-Come-Latelys to. You 'Small Government Republicans' opposed it for years. You couldn't get enough of your Slave Labor.

So, you really wanna secure our country? End the Permanant War and secure our border. We don't need Big Brother taking our rights away in the name of 'Security.' Our Founding Fathers would be appalled at what our Government is doing.

No, they would actually applaud them--at least when it comes to securing the country.

What they would object to is our federal government being in every nook and cranny of our life; from forced healthcare to telling us what we should eat or weigh; From robbing the rich and supporting the lazy.

And how is it my rights were never violated and yours were? Can you tell me what rights you were denied of or what rights of yours were violated?

Boy are you Big Government Authoritarians way off. Our Founding Fathers would be appalled at what you've done to the country. You can't give up Liberty for Security. You'll end up with neither.

Yes you have. And after the next major Terrorist event, you'll beg Big Brother to take more away. You'll continue to do what our Foundng Fathers warned against. You guys aren't for small/less Government. That's just a matter of convenience for you.
why not just vote the right out of office if they do that?

And hey, how bout another 'Stimulus?' Remember that? Another 'Small/Less' Government George W. Bush invention. Talk about 'Freebies?' Yikes! Didn't hear the 'Small/Less' Government Republicans complaining about that Freebie. In fact, most cheered it on with euphoric enthusiasm. He only expanded the size and scope of Government more than any other President in history, other than FDR.

There's so much doshonesty & hyporcisy from both sides on this issue. For instance, the Communists/Progressives had a huge problem with Bush's Stimulus. They whined about it daily. Yet they hailed Obama's massive Stimulus as the 'savior of humanity.' And then of course the Republicans whined about his Stimulus daily. So the OP did nail it Spot On. Very few are really for 'Small/Less' Government. It's only about convenience for most.

The 'Small/Less Government Republican' is a myth. It doesn't exist. George W. Bush is a prime example of that. He expanded the size and scope of Government more than any other President in history, besides FDR.

He's responsible for the 'Stimulus', Homeland Security, the Patriot Act, NDAA, Massive expansion of NSA Spying, and massive Debt. Yet he's hailed by most Republicans as a great 'Small/Less Government' Conservative hero. They are lost souls. The OP did nail it.

Shortsighted idiocy. "SUPPORT". Helluva lot smarter than 3 million good tech jobs going begging with 5% UE etc.

If you want a tech job, go out and get one, just don't expect me to pay for it.
Then you pay for their UE and welfare DUH. Brilliant.

WTF is an UE? And let's cut welfare for all individuals mentally and physically capable of working.
Unemployment. No. Let's make jobs worth having.

Making a higher wage is an investment--not an entitlement like you want it to be. You want to invest in yourself? That's the best investment you can make. Your return is a better paying job than the average worker and much more secure employment future. You should have to pay for it if that's what you want.
Yup, every man for himself in Reaganist NEW BS GOP America. Except for megarich Pubs and their giant corps. Absolutely brainwashed, oblivious, and selfish. And how we're losing our middle class and the global competition. Idiocy.

You funny

Straight up, Comrade big guy. If you were a good employee, you would realize how much power people have over their own fates. That you don't know that and think employees are victims of their employers says what kind of employee you are

You funny..

I like how you call me "Comrade" like you are a 1950s Red scare monger

Do you come up with this stuff yourself or does mommy help you?

You are totally misinformed and duped by the New BS GOP. They win with all these ridiculous nomenclatures and disgust with the whole system. A disgrace.

If you want a tech job, go out and get one, just don't expect me to pay for it.

WTF is an UE? And let's cut welfare for all individuals mentally and physically capable of working.

Making a higher wage is an investment--not an entitlement like you want it to be. You want to invest in yourself? That's the best investment you can make. Your return is a better paying job than the average worker and much more secure employment future. You should have to pay for it if that's what you want.
Yup, every man for himself in Reaganist NEW BS GOP America. Except for megarich Pubs and their giant corps. Absolutely brainwashed, oblivious, and selfish. And how we're losing our middle class and the global competition. Idiocy.

What's more selfish? Somebody or some people wanting to keep more of their money that they earned, or somebody that didn't earn money and demand other people pay for their expenditures?

The 'Small/Less Government Republican' is a myth. It doesn't exist. George W. Bush is a prime example of that. He expanded the size and scope of Government more than any other President in history, besides FDR.

He's responsible for the 'Stimulus', Homeland Security, the Patriot Act, NDAA, Massive expansion of NSA Spying, and massive Debt. Yet he's hailed by most Republicans as a great 'Small/Less Government' Conservative hero. They are lost souls. The OP did nail it.

I've never heard anybody say GW was a conservative yet alone a small government conservative hero.

Some may defend his actions or say some nice things about him, but small government conservative hero isn't one of them.

No, you ranted on about security and liberty. I said I didn't lose either, how about you? Of course you couldn't answer the question because you gave up no freedoms either.

What's more selfish? Somebody or some people wanting to keep more of their money that they earned, or somebody that didn't earn money and demand other people pay for their expenditures?
Selfish, deluded GOP a-holes. Who become the latter as soon as THEY get unlucky. Helping the unfortunate is called CIVILIZATION and SMART. Raygun made blaming the poor acceptable, it's a disgrace. The RWers' belief that they're lazy and stupid will get them a free ticket to hell. Allow training and make jobs worthwhile, dupe.

Selfish, deluded GOP a-holes. Who become the latter as soon as THEY get unlucky. Helping the unfortunate is called CIVILIZATION and SMART. Raygun made blaming the poor acceptable, it's a disgrace. The RWers' belief that they're lazy and stupid will get them a free ticket to hell. Allow training and make jobs worthwhile, dupe.

I see you avoided the question. Good decision on your part.

I see you avoided the question. Good decision on your part.
The second choice doesn't exist, hater dupe. The first choice are selfish GOP liars and dupes like you. Your heroes have wrecked the nonrich and the country the last 35 years. Being civilized and taking care of the unfortunate- mainly victims of Pub policy and thievery- is not greed, stupid. Stop blaming the poor in your thieving GOP mess, and get out of the way of intelligence.

Forum List

Back