"Smaller government" advocates

Many people who never worked for a union still benefit from the rights that unions fought for. A 40 hour week, overtime, fair labor practices, a safe workplace

Thanks. Now QUIT living in the 50's

Unions are needed more today than at any time in the last 30 years.

Companies are making big profits, executive pay is through the roof, productivity is among the highest in the world

Yet, employee pay and benefits are dropping. What is needed is a strong union to demand a bigger slice of the pie for those who bake it

And when you make that demand, the companies will move out to where employees don't need a larger slice of the pie. They will be happy with any piece of the pie.

. You guys are for anything but 'Smaller Government.'
100% stupid liberal has learned 100 times that small govt does not mean small defense!!

There would be no point in having an idyllic country with a small govt that was poorly defended.
Simple but a liberal will lack the IQ to understand.

Pub dupes don't support deporting 11 million people. Only ignorant racist hater dupes.

liberals are happy to turn over 10-20 million of our jobs to illegals!! That way they get the vote of the illegal community and the 10-20 million Americans who lost their jobs.

Its a Nazi tactic but perfectly acceptable to liberals.

t free trade needs to die.

100% stupid and liberal as always. protected and crippled industries makes our goods 3rd rate, our country 3rd rate and subject to military defeat!

in 1980 you paid 10 years pay in Hungary for a car, made in a protected liberal industry, without a gas gage (dip stick instead) that had to be backed up a hill because of a gravity fed carburetor.
They employed engineers by the 1000's all of whom swore that was the best they could do. It is not until you have had years and years of free Republican international competition that you have any idea how many engineers are needed and at what salary to produce a world class car.

Can you have the IQ to understand why the world has moved to free trade ?

Our Federal Government was never set up to be some employment center for the people in this country. they have agencies after agency that is worthless and is now out of control making up their own rules and laws without YOUR say on it and GOING over your Representation in Congress. everyone should be in favor of cutting out some of these agencies. start with the EPA, DOE, NEA, cut down the IRS and lets get it done. take back your Federal government. as it now they are STEAMROLLING over us and save US SOME MONEY of having to FEED this Monster

We all have State Governments. that is how we were set up to run. the Feds were to protect us not be a nanny.
States Rights, the conservative code for bigotry and big corp duped greedy..
Gov't should help with supporting training for jobs going begging now.

It's not the job of federal government to train you for a job.

You cradle-to-gravers will be the end of this country yet.
Shortsighted idiocy. "SUPPORT". Helluva lot smarter than 3 million good tech jobs going begging with 5% UE etc.

If you want a tech job, go out and get one, just don't expect me to pay for it.
Then you pay for their UE and welfare DUH. Brilliant.

t free trade needs to die.

100% stupid and liberal as always. protected and crippled industries makes our goods 3rd rate, our country 3rd rate and subject to military defeat!

in 1980 you paid 10 years pay in Hungary for a car, made in a protected liberal industry, without a gas gage (dip stick instead) that had to be backed up a hill because of a gravity fed carburetor.
They employed engineers by the 1000's all of whom swore that was the best they could do. It is not until you have had years and years of free Republican international competition that you have any idea how many engineers are needed and at what salary to produce a world class car.

Can you have the IQ to understand why the world has moved to free trade ?
Liberal =communist? Absolute idiocy.

The economic model of the 40's, 50s and 60's worked quite well.

100% stupid as always!. That was after WW2 when we had the only economy in the world!! See why we say 100% stupid? What other conclusion is possible??
Worked great until Reaganism. Half of you GOP idiots only care about lowering your taxes, and STILL believe GOP con men....

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb...able=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-c...lity-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

Our Federal Government was never set up to be some employment center for the people in this country. they have agencies after agency that is worthless and is now out of control making up their own rules and laws without YOUR say on it and GOING over your Representation in Congress. everyone should be in favor of cutting out some of these agencies. start with the EPA, DOE, NEA, cut down the IRS and lets get it done. take back your Federal government. as it now they are STEAMROLLING over us and save US SOME MONEY of having to FEED this Monster

We all have State Governments. that is how we were set up to run. the Feds were to protect us not be a nanny.

Shortsighted idiocy. "SUPPORT". Helluva lot smarter than 3 million good tech jobs going begging with 5% UE etc.

WTF is an UE? And let's cut welfare for all individuals mentally and physically capable of working.

Worked great until Reaganism.

100% stupid and liberal of course. Before Reagan govt was tiny and we had the only economy left standing after WW2. In the late 70's the first Datsuns were just coming in from Japan.

See why we say stupid??

Reagans policies fucked this country so hard it will take decades of 1950s like economic policies to unfuck it. We're going to invest in our country and stop the dumb wars.

which policy in particular????? Does the idiot liberal have any idea what he his talking about??

WTF is an UE? And let's cut welfare for all individuals mentally and physically capable of working.
Unemployment. No. Let's make jobs worth having.

Reagans policies fucked this country so hard it will take decades of 1950s like economic policies to unfuck it. We're going to invest in our country and stop the dumb wars.

which policy in particular????? Does the idiot liberal have any idea what he his talking about??
Screwing workers and pandering to the megarich, duh dupe. See sig pp1.

Worked great until Reaganism.

100% stupid and liberal of course. Before Reagan govt was tiny and we had the only economy left standing after WW2. In the late 70's the first Datsuns were just coming in from Japan.

See why we say stupid??
BS- The 240Z was 1970; tiny my ass, The Great Society worked great. Absolutely clueless.

In fairness, I am not saying "workers" are dumb and lazy, I'm saying you are. I have a business full of good employees. I own a business with three product lines, and I do management consulting on the side. I've been in Europe for 4 of the last six months. I'm here now. They run the business for me, and do a great job. They don't need your beloved big government, not at all. They don't suck as employees and they care about the company they work for. That's what gets us all ahead.

Nice story but.......How does that compensate for the 30 year trend of lower wages and benefits even during times of rising corporate profit?

your 30 year wage stagnation is a result of 30 years of you sucking at your job and not giving a shit about your employer

You funny

Straight up, Comrade big guy. If you were a good employee, you would realize how much power people have over their own fates. That you don't know that and think employees are victims of their employers says what kind of employee you are

You funny..

I like how you call me "Comrade" like you are a 1950s Red scare monger

Do you come up with this stuff yourself or does mommy help you?

Actually, I call you "comrade" because of your endless Marxist rhetoric.

And good employees know they are good and they think merit is fair. That you don't know that actually rally does prove you are not one

Nice story but.......How does that compensate for the 30 year trend of lower wages and benefits even during times of rising corporate profit?

your 30 year wage stagnation is a result of 30 years of you sucking at your job and not giving a shit about your employer

You funny

Straight up, Comrade big guy. If you were a good employee, you would realize how much power people have over their own fates. That you don't know that and think employees are victims of their employers says what kind of employee you are

You funny..

I like how you call me "Comrade" like you are a 1950s Red scare monger

Do you come up with this stuff yourself or does mommy help you?

Anyone that supports civilization and the taxes that are needed to run one is a communist to this idiot.

Right, we're anarchists. Fucking moron

That is the way the one percent want it. Keep the workers unstable, in fear for their jobs. Fire those who dare to stand up for themselves.

you're in fear for your job because you have a bad attitude and suck at your job.

Good workers get treated well by their employers. We aren't actually stupid, that's why we ended up with the big pile, comrade big guy

Unfortunately, wage and benefit statistics vs company profits do not support that

Workers as a whole are treated worse than they were 30 years ago. It is not because they are dumb and lazy

In fairness, I am not saying "workers" are dumb and lazy, I'm saying you are. I have a business full of good employees. I own a business with three product lines, and I do management consulting on the side. I've been in Europe for 4 of the last six months. I'm here now. They run the business for me, and do a great job. They don't need your beloved big government, not at all. They don't suck as employees and they care about the company they work for. That's what gets us all ahead.

Nixon and Reagan really fucked the pooch with free trade and lower taxes on the super rich. The economic model of the 40's, 50s and 60's worked quite well and the rich paid a hell of a lot more then today...We did well because a lot more of the population had a chance to move upwards.

A fair trade is ok but free trade needs to die. Trump is right on this one...But he is very wrong about competing with sweat shops in asia...That would be very bad news.

blah, blah, the rich, taxes, proletariat, bourgeoisie, blah blah. Got it, thanks Karl

Forum List

Back