So....a Muslim ban won't work; But a gun ban will??? Explain.

They say a ban on Muslims coming won't help. Muslims are already here.
They say a gun ban will work. Even though millions of guns are already here.

A human without a gun can still kill. A gun without a human cannot kill.

Explain to me how they think a ban on new Muslims won't work. But a ban on new guns....will work???
Neither will prevent any and all attacks but consider this.

If we continue to let Muslims in but don't allow them to buy guns that can kill 100 people we'll be safer

Paris tried that. Let Muslims in. Didn't allow them to buy guns.

Somehow....they slaughter Parisians....twice...with AK47s. Which they weren't allowed to buy.

Well the last AR ban worked out ok. We didn't have the same mass shootings every other month .

At least it makes tHE ARS more pricey for potential mass killers .

Oh, most mass killings aren't done by Muslim kooks.

It didn't stop Columbine. Or Oklahoma City. Or 9/11. Or the Atlanta bombing. And an AR ban wouldn't have stopped VA Tech...or Fort Hood...it didn't stop Paris...or Belgium. Or Paris Part 2.

But maybe we can compromise.

We'll agree to ban AR-15's and AK47s. Done. No more made or imported. If you own one...turn it in for a full value tax credit.

In return....a 10 year ban on anyone trying to enter the US who originated from an Arab nation.

Deal?

If that was feasible ? I think Id go for it !

Here's my plan. Background checks, "titles" for guns so we could follow them like cars when bought n sold . You want to carry ? Fine , but license go thru local police dept as they would better know who the crazies are. And a good appeal process for those who are denied.

I'm not against any of that. I also want mentally ill people housed in institutions....not drugged and released on society.

These shootings happen more now because our crazies are roaming the streets instead of being in an institution....not because guns are available.

Lock up the crazies and watch mass shootings slow down. At least the non Muslim ones.

He's proposing gun registration. You should be opposed to what he posted.

Well man...I'm always honest and I admit...I'm pretty much neutral on gun registration. I say that because having been a cop...I'm not concerned AT ALL about the police en mass coming for our guns. They'd never do it. Could the military?? I highly doubt it. For all I care I'll take photos of my guns and let the government have them if they want.

I respect those who are against gun registration and I won't openly advocate for registration. But I'm just indifferent. If it was part of a great compromise and we got something great in return...I wouldn't oppose it.

Because as I said....they won't come take em. They know it. I knew it when I was a cop. Deep down we all know it.

Thank you for your service to our country.. God bless our Police officers, their families and protect them.

Well the last AR ban worked out ok. We didn't have the same mass shootings every other month .

It didn't stop Columbine. Or Oklahoma City. Or 9/11. Or the Atlanta bombing. And an AR ban wouldn't have stopped VA Tech...or Fort Hood...it didn't stop Paris...or Belgium. Or Paris Part 2.

We'll agree to ban AR-15's and AK47s. Done. No more made or imported. If you own one...turn it in for a full value tax credit.

In return....a 10 year ban on anyone trying to enter the US who originated from an Arab nation.

Deal?

Here's my plan. Background checks, "titles" for guns so we could follow them like cars when bought n sold . You want to carry ? Fine , but license go thru local police dept as they would better know who the crazies are. And a good appeal process for those who are denied.

I'm not against any of that. I also want mentally ill people housed in institutions....not drugged and released on society.

These shootings happen more now because our crazies are roaming the streets instead of being in an institution....not because guns are available.

Lock up the crazies and watch mass shootings slow down. At least the non Muslim ones.

Well man...I'm always honest and I admit...I'm pretty much neutral on gun registration. I say that because having been a cop...I'm not concerned AT ALL about the police en mass coming for our guns. They'd never do it. Could the military?? I highly doubt it. For all I care I'll take photos of my guns and let the government have them if they want.

I respect those who are against gun registration and I won't openly advocate for registration. But I'm just indifferent. If it was part of a great compromise and we got something great in return...I wouldn't oppose it.

Because as I said....they won't come take em. They know it. I knew it when I was a cop. Deep down we all know it.

Whatever we got out of the deal would be temporary and the gun registration would be permanent. You don't make deals with leftists over your fundamental liberties.

Explain to me how they think a ban on new Muslims won't work. But a ban on new guns....will work???

If we continue to let Muslims in but don't allow them to buy guns that can kill 100 people we'll be safer

So rather then limit Muslim immigration you want to infringe on the Constitutional rights of 300 million Americans.

Typical liberal solution: bend over and take it up the ass, America!

Yep. He literally just said that. That we can keep letting KILLER jihadis in....as long as we ban them from buying guns. And we'll be safe.

Paris tried EXACTLY that idea.

Every loser Libbie here knows that a criminal isn't going to stop at the door and say, "Oh wow, no guns allowed.. Let me go back home."

Deal?

Whatever we got out of the deal would be temporary and the gun registration would be permanent. You don't make deals with leftists over your fundamental liberties.

True. As I said...it's just my honest view. But... I acknowledge that world history has shown 100% validity to YOUR view on this.

Deal?

Agreed.. Liberals never stop taking rights away.. FASCISM and registration won't end it either.. HELL NO to all of it.

Somehow....they slaughter Parisians....twice...with AK47s. Which they weren't allowed to buy.
So let's make it easy for anyone to own an assault weapon.

That's what the right to bear arms means: any citizen can walk into a store and buy any gun he wants without a lot of government red tape.

You mean a full auto assault rifle? It's already incredibly hard and almost prohibitively expensive to own one.

Or....do you mean a fancy looking AR15 that shoots a tiny bullet that's less powerful than a standard police pistol?

Yes, lets. Because assault weapons are seldom used in murders or even mass murders. This is not to mention the fact that we already had a ban on such weapons for over ten years, and it produced no positive results. That's why we no longer have the ban.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results each time."

Deal?

One of my best friends is Sheriff of my county (and a great guy). We have talked at length about this very thing. Like me, he agrees that registration is bad on several fronts. One - it allows your identity to be known to local, state, federal databases. Do you REALLY want your information out there in this day and age? Second - if flies directly in the face of the second amendment and "Shall not be infringed". When you register a firearm, you are basically asking permission to exercise your rights. Lastly - IF an order were issued for confiscation, which officer wants to be the first one through the door of a law-abiding house to confiscate? Which one wants to be the "guy" who enforces an unlawful and unconstitutional order?

How the Nazis Used Gun Control

That's what the right to bear arms means: any citizen can walk into a store and buy any gun he wants without a lot of government red tape.
Not true. We can outlaw the future manufacturing and selling these kinds of guns. You can't have a military assault weapon sorry. Keep what you have but no more.

Deal?

One of my best friends is Sheriff of my county (and a great guy). We have talked at length about this very thing. Like me, he agrees that registration is bad on several fronts. One - it allows your identity to be known to local, state, federal databases. Do you REALLY want your information out there in this day and age? Second - if flies directly in the face of the second amendment and "Shall not be infringed". When you register a firearm, you are basically asking permission to exercise your rights. Lastly - IF an order were issued for confiscation, which officer wants to be the first one through the door of a law-abiding house to confiscate? Which one wants to be the "guy" who enforces an unlawful and unconstitutional order?

Yes....you're both right about all that. I'm just indifferent to it because...as he said...if the call came for mass gun confiscation...the cops ain't doing it haha!!! 95% are pro 2nd Amendment anyway. And the military?? It would take martial law for one. And two...I don't think they'd do it either. And if a scenario occurred that was THAT BAD that Marines are going door to door confiscating guns....the America would be no more and it's not like we'd be sitting on the couch watching NFL Monday Night and the Army knocks on the door. Society would be in chaos already and most folks heading to the hills.

We aren't Australia or England. A gun round up...in my opinion...just isn't a concern of mine. HOWEVER you guys opinion against registration is based in 100% historical fact.

Not true. We can outlaw the future manufacturing and selling these kinds of guns. You can't have a military assault weapon sorry. Keep what you have but no more.
An AR-15 is not a "military assault weapon." It's a semi-automatic rifle, no different than a typical hunting rifle.

The only way you can push this shit is by lying about guns.

Last edited:

You do know that the 2nd Amendment guaranteed the right to THE military assault rifle of that time...right? In the 1700s...infantry used muskets. The 2nd allowed citizens to own muskets.

So you're wrong. It literally guaranteed a citizen in 1795 could own the same military assault rifle the Army used.

Deal?

We won't take what you have just stop manufacturing and selling new ones. Or heavily vet anyone buying one. And you're responsible for your crazy fucked up kids

Forum List

Back