So *ALL* Ambassadors as of 1/20/2017 are going to be replaced?

What does an Ambassadorship to Libya go for these days? I mean, you would probably have to pay someone alot of money to agree to do that job. Couple million plus health and life insurance coverage?

Lefty is a Damn Idiot and Hypocrit.

Suddenly you are worried about background checks and security checks for Ambassadors?

WTF is your problem? You showed no concern for back ground checks and security checks of illegals and so called jihadist refugees pouring in here who are killing people in this country left and right.

We have something like 150 of these jobs that pay about $150,000 each. That the Senate has to approve all of their replacements is going to be interesting I think; can you imagine the hearings?

I think we don’t need so many ambassadorships myself. But I am sure we could find better things for the Senate, their staffs, not to mention the FBI and State Department to be doing rather than trying to ram through 150 vettings.

Will they all come from Exxon?

So Obama kept how many political appointment Ambassadors from the Bush Presidency?

The Ambassador nowadays is usually window dressing. All the professional diplomats will remain and will hold over the embassies, just like every other Presidential change.

Not sure. I was more commenting on the FBI having to do backgrounds on the 15 cabinet secretaries, gawd knows how many EO staffers, other new personnel and now, 150 ambassadors????

In some cases, the Ambassador is a FSO who worked their way up. Firing them for no reason is silly.

This is nothing new, people get replaced by the incoming President. Why weren't you concerned when Obama did this? Seems like the partisan nutters are getting worked up over nothing.

We're on the verge of a financial disaster of epic proportions w/the debt ceiling

It's the debt that's the problem. Not the ceiling.

We have something like 150 of these jobs that pay about $150,000 each. That the Senate has to approve all of their replacements is going to be interesting I think; can you imagine the hearings?

I think we don’t need so many ambassadorships myself. But I am sure we could find better things for the Senate, their staffs, not to mention the FBI and State Department to be doing rather than trying to ram through 150 vettings.

So Obama kept how many political appointment Ambassadors from the Bush Presidency?

The Ambassador nowadays is usually window dressing. All the professional diplomats will remain and will hold over the embassies, just like every other Presidential change.

Not sure. I was more commenting on the FBI having to do backgrounds on the 15 cabinet secretaries, gawd knows how many EO staffers, other new personnel and now, 150 ambassadors????

In some cases, the Ambassador is a FSO who worked their way up. Firing them for no reason is silly.

When Bill Clinton was elected in 1992, the first thing he did was fire all the federal US Attorneys in the country. Shit happens.
As does every incoming President. Shit happens.
Tell that to candyass, she is all upset over it.
Obama did indeed grant extensions to sime ambassadors. According to this article Dubya and Obama granted extensions to about 10 each.

https://www.diplopundit.net/2017/01...ve-to-be-out-by-january-20/amp/?client=safari

This is nothing new, people get replaced by the incoming President. Why weren't you concerned when Obama did this? Seems like the partisan nutters are getting worked up over nothing.

We're on the verge of a financial disaster of epic proportions w/the debt ceiling

It's the debt that's the problem. Not the ceiling.

Having 150 slots at $150,000+ each is a lot of money; poorly spent if one were to ask me.

Why is their only 150? There are over 200 countries.

Why is their only 150? There are over 200 countries.

Southern Oceana has one Ambassador for the region. There are other Ambassadors to different organizations...like the UN, OAS, etc...

------------------------------------------------------ seems to me that important countries where an Ambassador is needed will be filled first . Thats probably Western nations and such , plus Russia of course . The rest of the unimportant third world beggar nations can pound sand for awhile Candy .

Last edited:

Why is their only 150? There are over 200 countries.[/QUOTE ------------------------------------ I think that the only ambassadors being replaced on an immediate basis are ambassadors the the TRUMP can't trust . That would be ALL of mrobamas appointees Odium !! ------------- if i am correct Odium !!

Yes Sir!

All Ambassadors will be replaced.

My God I like you so much Mr Trump and helpers! :2up:

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

ALL appointees of mrobama that the TRUMP can't trust should be let go , no exceptions and i think that is how the Trump has things figured . From what i hear they are all gone by January 20 Odium .

Can you imagine?

What a pain for all Obama's people....heheehehhe......

pack your bags......LOL hurry you loony libs scum....

leave Europe leave any country.....go back home....

take the shit.....face the shit.....

ohhhhhh what joy! :banana:

------------------------------------------------------ seems to me that important countries where an Ambassador is needed will be filled first . Thats probably Western nations and such , plus Russia of course . The rest of the unimportant third world beggar nations can pound sand for awhile Candy .

See the problem with that train of "thought" is that the "beggar" nations are developing markets for our large companies. This is why we lend money to nation X to develop an electrical grid. So their citizens can get online through IBM servers, Dell Computers, using HP Printers etc... I'm sure China's ambassador will be happy to take over those contracts we're letting languish...

they have all had 2 months to prepare since the illary obama team was defeated , they shoulda realized that they aren't special at least in the Trump eyes .

Ambassadors don't like to leave just like that

lol

too many freebies my friends

just too many

It was nice while it lasted I can say that LOL

go home and face the music now.

Libs scum.

See the problem with that train of "thought" is that the "beggar" nations are developing markets for our large companies. This is why we lend money to nation X to develop an electrical grid. So their citizens can get online through IBM servers, Dell Computers, using HP Printers etc... I'm sure China's ambassador will be happy to take over those contracts we're letting languish...
------------------------------------------- thats the TRUMPS concern and i am sure that its been taken into consideration Candy.

Can you imagine?

Yes all they have to console themselves is a lifetime pension. We'll be paying them handsomely to do nothing now...while paying a new seat filler $150K per year.

ohhhhhh what joy!

------------------------------------------- thats the TRUMPS concern and i am sure that its been taken into consideration Odium .

yeah...I'm sure Trump knows that....

you have fun as an Ambassador...and family ...etc....

you would not like to like to leave all of a sudden

LOL

it serves loony libs well....I like they will suffer....well....they will be inconvenienced....you know to pack in hurry and all that shit that happens when you have to leave a country in a hurry...etc....yayyyy LOL

Can you imagine?

Yes all they have to console themselves is a lifetime pension. We'll be paying them handsomely to do nothing now...while paying a new seat filler $150K per year.

ohhhhhh what joy!
Yet you're not even capable of a basic thought here such as why do they get a lifetime pension? You jump to why let them go and cost us money and ignore the obvious.

Forum List

Back