So Are Republicans and/or Conservatives No Longer Against Tariffs?

Are Republicans/Self-Professed Conservatives now Pro-Tariffs?

• I'm a conservative, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm a conservative, and I say no

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an independent, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm an independent, and I say no

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs are defacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

Now that Trump has been levying tariffs left and right, seems that the American self-professed conservatives are all for it.

So is that old and historical trope now only good for the garbage bin?

Are Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives in America now PRO-TARIFFS?!??
One thing about those tariffs no one talks about is they are taxation without representation.
Something that's against the constitution.
Republicans stopped respecting the constitution decades ago.
Under Trump they don't even hide it anymore.

Where did you get the idea that Taxation without Representation is unconstitutional? Tourists don't have a vote out of state and have to pay hotel tax, etc. Permanent residents and temporary aliens are definitely taxed as well.

But of course the greatest abomination against the idea of "taxation without representation" is the Euphemistically labeled "death tax" which is just glorified grave robbery.

The same place he gets most of the jewels he posts here: he chugged Ex-Lax, dropped trou, squatted, and bore down mightily.

Do they know tariffs are a tax on us OR do they listen to the bullshit artist in our WH?

We know. We also recognize that any individual or company that relies on foreign good DESERVES to be forced to pay more for them.

Buy/Sell American or GTFO!!!!
The biggest problem in buying American is most of what Americans buy excluding foodstuff and services is either not available or the market is so small there is little choice and this neglects the fact that the prices are generally higher.

Try buying a US made TV. Until 2008, their were two manufactures. Since then one has gone bankrupt and the other is no longer selling in the US market. Need a cell phone? There are several US companies but their products are actually manufactured mostly or completely abroad. Unless you're looking for specialty shoes or a particular style, if you buy in the US they will be manufactured abroad. For large appliances, there are a number of US manufactures however essentially everything that goes inside the case comes from abroad.

Séura Indoor Waterproof TVs

Learn About Séura

Made in the USA
Manufacturing products in our own Green Bay, Wisconsin facility means better quality control, better support, and a better hand on the products our customers receive.

Woman Owned
Séura is a certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise. The certification qualifies Séura to be considered for contracts with corporations and government entities that seek vendor relationships with businesses owned and operated by women.
They make niche market products. How many people do you know that needs a TV in their backyard. A TV set that look like a mirror is pretty niffy if you happen to need one. Also, not many people are going to spend $2500 for a 55 inch TV with less features than brand name products which sell at half the price.

Special manufacturing like this is fast growing and very profitable. The fact that the market is far too small for major manufactures creates an opportunity. However, they will never be a major producer of consumer goods.

I appreciate your honesty and taking the time to read my link that is refreshing around here.

I'm an independent, and I say no

I believe true conservatives are still against tariffs. It's those that practice partisan politics who blindly adjust to their leader's convictions that I don't hold much respect for.

I would have picked Republicans: yes, Conservatives: no.

Now if one player is cheating then they need to be brought into line. China was cheating; stuff them.

Greg

Do they know tariffs are a tax on us OR do they listen to the bullshit artist in our WH?

We know. We also recognize that any individual or company that relies on foreign good DESERVES to be forced to pay more for them.

Buy/Sell American or GTFO!!!!
The biggest problem in buying American is most of what Americans buy excluding foodstuff and services is either not available or the market is so small there is little choice and this neglects the fact that the prices are generally higher.

Try buying a US made TV. Until 2008, their were two manufactures. Since then one has gone bankrupt and the other is no longer selling in the US market. Need a cell phone? There are several US companies but their products are actually manufactured mostly or completely abroad. Unless you're looking for specialty shoes or a particular style, if you buy in the US they will be manufactured abroad. For large appliances, there are a number of US manufactures however essentially everything that goes inside the case comes from abroad.

Séura Indoor Waterproof TVs

Learn About Séura

Made in the USA
Manufacturing products in our own Green Bay, Wisconsin facility means better quality control, better support, and a better hand on the products our customers receive.

Woman Owned
Séura is a certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise. The certification qualifies Séura to be considered for contracts with corporations and government entities that seek vendor relationships with businesses owned and operated by women.
They make niche market products. How many people do you know that needs a TV in their backyard. A TV set that look like a mirror is pretty niffy if you happen to need one. Also, not many people are going to spend $2500 for a 55 inch TV with less features than brand name products which sell at half the price.

Special manufacturing like this is fast growing and very profitable. The fact that the market is far too small for major manufactures creates an opportunity. However, they will never be a major producer of consumer goods.

I appreciate your honesty and taking the time to read my link that is refreshing around here.

Btw that other T.V. manufacture in South Carolina that made them for Walmart was a huge ruse, all they did was take the mother board out reinstall it and said It was made in America.

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs are defacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

Now that Trump has been levying tariffs left and right, seems that the American self-professed conservatives are all for it.

Are Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives in America now PRO-TARIFFS?!??
McConnell came out with 8 or so other GOP senators and complained about tariffs today...they said they were concerned about us in the middle class.....what they don't realize is we in the middle class have been funding cheap labor for greedy farmers and business owners and we are fed up with it....so if they were really concerned about average Americans they would do all they could to shut down illegal immigration....McConnell and his gang don't care about tariffs...they don't want Trump to win this struggle with Mexico...they want a continued cheap labor flow for their rich buddies.....and that will continue to push down the legal inner city residents and keep them in a state of poverty....

They are pro bullying. That's all these tariffs are.

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs aredefacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

I read where a 5% tariff on Mexico could push an extra 800$ a year on American taxpayers.

up that tariff to 25% like Goldilocks said he would do then remind me about tax cuts.
It will hurt Mexico far more. Thats the point. They need to cut the shit.

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs aredefacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

I read where a 5% tariff on Mexico could push an extra 800$ a year on American taxpayers.

up that tariff to 25% like Goldilocks said he would do then remind me about tax cuts.
What shit,,,?you impose tariffs to fix immigration problems?? Really ?? Even many republicans think drump is off his meds

What shit,,,?you impose tariffs to fix immigration problems?? Really ?? Even many republicans think drump is off his meds
If Rs has their way, your son, the coder, would be unemployed.

You know of all the goods Mexico sends to the USA? You really want Americans hurt like Trump does?

The purpose of imposing the Tariffs is to persuade Mexico to get serious about the border.

If the D's in Congress were to get serious, we'd have a 700 foot wall on the border and the problem would have been resolved.

President Trump feels its easier to persuade the Hispanics than the D's in Congress.

The purpose of imposing the Tariffs is to persuade Mexico to get serious about the border.

If the D's in Congress were to get serious, we'd have a 700 foot wall on the border and the problem would have been resolved.

President Trump feels its easier to persuade the Hispanics than the D's in Congress.
Getting screwed goes both ways Trump is a toothless tiger and Americans are getting the short hair

Depends on their values as conservatives. If they're free market conservatives, then they oppose the tariffs. If they're America-first conservatives, they support it.
How long have these types of conservatives existed?

riiiiiiiiiight -

4134.jpg

2.43306009.jpg
I don't know what makes far rightwing bastards like Polishprince lie so damn freely.

It's as if reality isn't a thing to these palookas.

Damn it.

Trump is fulfilling his campaign promises to solve the illegal immigration problem, and for that reason his voters will vote for him again.

I got the impression that Conservatives now support Tariffs. One of the reasons I originally stopped considering myself a Conservative shortly after it 'became an issue'. I'm actually glad it happened, it showed me that party voters have no principles, otherwise I may have taken longer to become an Anarchist.

I'm definitely against tariffs and hope that Mexico is against them too.

All they have to do is cooperate in securing the border with America, and there will be no tariffs.

The Threat of Tariffs is just one of the tools in President Trump's tool chest.

He made a pledge in 2016 to deal with the border. The libs have given him no help, neither have the courts, so this is what he is doing instead to deal with the crisis.

Do you have a better idea?

its the libs fault Senate Republicans voted against his wall and he had to veto them..

daaaaaaaaaaamn, youre dumb as hell.

This isn't really about assigning blame, its about accomplishing the goal of securing the border. Of course, you are right , there are Republicans who have a share of the blame too.

But the idea is to resolve the issue. We have countless millions of Illegals here already, and more are pouring across the border every day saying they want 'asylum'.

look Gomer, I live in Texas

never at any time has a illegal alien interfered with my daily routine- so dont feed me bullshit.

K ?

haha..one of Texas's finest...huh...one the good people of Texas are proud of I'm sure.

Forum List

Back