So Are Republicans and/or Conservatives No Longer Against Tariffs?

Are Republicans/Self-Professed Conservatives now Pro-Tariffs?

• I'm a conservative, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm a conservative, and I say no

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an independent, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm an independent, and I say no

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Republicans in the Senate are against tariffs but they are asfraid to do anything about it. Toomey has spoken out against it but in a whisper.

If Trump goes ahead with the tariffs on Mexico he will:
1) Cost Americabns400,000 jobs
2) Trash the trade deal he just signed that isn't even approved
yet. So much for Truimp's word.
3) Put every Republican Senator to blame as they sit idly by

I'm definitely against tariffs and hope that Mexico is against them too.

All they have to do is cooperate in securing the border with America, and there will be no tariffs.

The Threat of Tariffs is just one of the tools in President Trump's tool chest.

He made a pledge in 2016 to deal with the border. The libs have given him no help, neither have the courts, so this is what he is doing instead to deal with the crisis.

Do you have a better idea?
So you believe in using America's strength to bully other countries.

We should be using our advantages to advance our nation's interests. Not allowing foreigners to take advantage of us.

Republicans in the Senate are against tariffs but they are asfraid to do anything about it. Toomey has spoken out against it but in a whisper.

How do you know that Mexico won't just cooperate with America? Their nation will go through a lot of pain if we have to shut down the border.

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs are defacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

Now that Trump has been levying tariffs left and right, seems that the American self-professed conservatives are all for it.

So is that old and historical trope now only good for the garbage bin?

Are Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives in America now PRO-TARIFFS?!??
/——/ Your TDS is preventing you from seeing the end game.
What's the end game Bubba?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The "end game"is to secure the border so that we can stop the flow of Illegal Aliens into America.

America does need immigrants. But we need ones who are educated, ones who have money and can invest in our nation, ones who are able to do the intellectual work that we have available. When my grandparents came to the country, America needed a lot of big guys with strong backs interested in emerging industries like coal and steel. Don't knead that now, its a different world than it was in 1908.

But the key is vetting. And these countries like in central America or Mexico need to be sending us their very best.

They haven't been doing this, believe me.

And that's got to change, and that's the purpose of the tariffs to bend the Mexican government to our needs.

Translation: We need the white people from Norway & not those from shithole countries?

Too each his own Most folks like to get their money's worth

Which is why most of you need to with be kicked out of this country or get buried under it.
We're the ones who made it great even with the likes of you pulling against us Case in point is this AH you put in our WH who makes America the laughing stock of the world Who gets his tariff next ? Who will he bail out with billions next?

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs are defacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

Now that Trump has been levying tariffs left and right, seems that the American self-professed conservatives are all for it.

Are Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives in America now PRO-TARIFFS?!??
/——/ Your TDS is preventing you from seeing the end game.
What's the end game Bubba?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The "end game"is to secure the border so that we can stop the flow of Illegal Aliens into America.

America does need immigrants. But we need ones who are educated, ones who have money and can invest in our nation, ones who are able to do the intellectual work that we have available. When my grandparents came to the country, America needed a lot of big guys with strong backs interested in emerging industries like coal and steel. Don't knead that now, its a different world than it was in 1908.

But the key is vetting. And these countries like in central America or Mexico need to be sending us their very best.

They haven't been doing this, believe me.

And that's got to change, and that's the purpose of the tariffs to bend the Mexican government to our needs.

Translation: We need the white people from Norway & not those from shithole countries?

It has nothing to do with race at all. President Trump has made it clear that there are a lot of highly educated people from Asia that could contribute to America very well. Ever see how dark people from South India are?

Which is why most of you need to with be kicked out of this country or get buried under it.
We're the ones who made it great even with the likes of you pulling against us Case in point is this AH you put in our WH who makes America the laughing stock of the world Who gets his tariff next ? Who will he bail out with billions next?

America is hardly the "laughing stock of the world", ed.

Queen Elizabeth is very charmed with our President and his lovely family who are visiting Great Britain this week. I understand that the old bag really likes the I-Pod with recordings of the President's speeches that President Trump gave her- along with her own Rush 24/7 membership

How do you know that Mexico won't just cooperate with America? Their nation will go through a lot of pain if we have to shut down the border.

You don;t get it. You never will.

Mexico would help us without threatening them & calling the, names.
If we had a President that could negotiate, we could do this as friends.

If I needed help, I would ask my neighbor.

Trump would pound on his neighbor's door & yell & cakll him nsmes & tell hiom to help thenm opr he is steal their children.

The idea you assfucks can't get that is beyond me.

Mexico has been working with us for years.

The current mess at the border is Trump's doing. He changed ;policies, & it fucked it up & now he wants to force Mexico to solve it for him.

I can't believe you people are this fucking stupid.

Queen Elizabeth is very charmed with our President and his lovely family who are visiting Great Britain this week. I understand that the old bag really likes the I-Pod with recordings of the President's speeches that President Trump gave her- along with her own Rush 24/7 membership
Your AH didn't even know NOT to touch her

With 1,000,000 estimated to be coming over in 2019, it's already costing us 1,000,000 jobs until they become citizens.

You don;t get it. You never will.

Mexico would help us without threatening them & calling the, names.
If we had a President that could negotiate, we could do this as friends.

If I needed help, I would ask my neighbor.

Trump would pound on his neighbor's door & yell & cakll him nsmes & tell hiom to help thenm opr he is steal their children.

The idea you assfucks can't get that is beyond me.

Mexico has been working with us for years.

The current mess at the border is Trump's doing. He changed ;policies, & it fucked it up & now he wants to force Mexico to solve it for him.

I can't believe you people are this fucking stupid.
That's where we differ I believe it

Your AH didn't even know NOT to touch her

The President was just grabbing her ass- I'm sure she was charmed by the attention.

riiiiiiiiiight -

4134.jpg

2.43306009.jpg

I'm an independent, and I say no

I believe true conservatives are still against tariffs. It's those that practice partisan politics who blindly adjust to their leader's convictions that I don't hold much respect for.

I would have picked Republicans: yes, Conservatives: no.

I agree exactly.

Well said.

Can you be against tariffs but for the cause? Just asking for a friend.

I'm an independent, and I say no

I believe true conservatives are still against tariffs. It's those that practice partisan politics who blindly adjust to their leader's convictions that I don't hold much respect for.

I would have picked Republicans: yes, Conservatives: no.

I agree exactly.

Well said.
I'm a democrat and it was well said

The fact thst you care what foreign scum think of the United States tells me you’re the type of “american” we need to get rid of. We cannot become a strong nation again with citizens who have divided loyalties.

To answer your question... EVERYONE. The entire world. If we can’t make it here, we don’t need it.

One thing about those tariffs no one talks about is they are taxation without representation.
Something that's against the constitution.
Republicans stopped respecting the constitution decades ago.
Under Trump they don't even hide it anymore.

I am against all Tariffs but the U.S. has been paying HUGE FOREIGN TARIFFS for decades that are unfair and cost us jobs. I am for NEGOTIATING by using the threat of tariffs, and temporary tariffs in order to cut better trade deals with other countries. Jeez you Libs are CLUELESS.

Econ 101
Negotiatng101

Maybe try taking them before you make yourselves look stupid.

Last edited:
Mexico is more worried about mail trucks not going through for their free money.

Forum List

Back