So athiests..........

Yeah. Pretty much the same here. Roughly half my extended family are Christians, so we play along. Neither I, nor my gf, ever really bring up our beliefs and are happy to respectfully participate in the traditions of our religious friends.

What did you expect? Firebombing churches?

Actually, I was just curious. I don't think I've ever heard an athiest say what they do with the Christmas season. I do know a few, and most actually like getting gifts.

Yeah. Pretty much the same here. Roughly half my extended family are Christians, so we play along. Neither I, nor my gf, ever really bring up our beliefs and are happy to respectfully participate in the traditions of our religious friends.

What did you expect? Firebombing churches?

Actually, I was just curious. I don't think I've ever heard an athiest say what they do with the Christmas season. I do know a few, and most actually like getting gifts.

This one prefers giving. I've got an excuse this time of year.

Actually, that's fascism on display.

That's an atheist/liberal thing.

Naw.

Reichskonkordat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On the Jews and Their Lies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. ...Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. ...

- Adolf Hitler, speech on April 12, 1922

That man almost became a Priest.

Heck..didn't the Crusaders roast up some Greek Orthodox babies when they hit Constantinople?

Fun bunch.

The Nazi party is not a Christian party. Sorry.

The nazi party was the nazi party. I just so happens they were also christians.

Actually, that's fascism on display.

That's an atheist/liberal thing.

Naw.

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. ...Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. ...

- Adolf Hitler, speech on April 12, 1922

Heck..didn't the Crusaders roast up some Greek Orthodox babies when they hit Constantinople?

Fun bunch.

Did you miss the ol' Reichskonkordat?

The Nazis were Christians.

Naw.

Fun bunch.

The nazi party was the nazi party. I just so happens they were also christians.

Yeah..and the ol' going after jews thing was just a coininkydink.. :lol:

I'm non-religious. We always have a christmas tree, stockings on the fireplace, lights on the outside of our house, and even a nativity scene (that my parents bought back in the 1950s). We exchange gifts and usually go to Christmas eve service with my parents. It's not my thing, but I'm not offended by it. I have to be honest, I sit there and ponder the influence of mythology over people's lives. My daughter (who is 18) is also non-religious, so if it gets too over the top fundy, we usually roll our eyes at each other.

Then we come home and eat prime rib. :D

Most of the things we celebrate (Christmas tree, lights, feasting) predate Christmas as pagan traditions and were assimilated by Christianity. So, we don't really feel any weirdness about celebrating them.

Last edited:
Wow, so this has been a great thread as far as drawing the looniest of the loons...who also (I'm sure coincidentally) are ATHEISTS.

The atheists from this board aren't interested in sharing their own beliefs, their primary function (besides getting drunk and taking their kids to the gambling and prostitution capitol of the world, it seems) is to spend time attacking Christians for THEIR beliefs.

Honey, a Christian started this thread so she could criticize atheists...

Perhaps you should care less about what other people believe or don't believe.

I don’t know about ‘atheists’ but those of us free from superstition celebrate it the same way we’ve celebrated for millennia before it was appropriated by Christians: decorated trees, mistletoe, gifts, family, friends, good food and drink, acts of charity and goodwill, looking forward to the New Year, and so on.

I don’t know about ‘atheists’ but those of us free from superstition celebrate it the same way we’ve celebrated for millennia before it was appropriated by Christians: decorated trees, mistletoe, gifts, family, friends, good food and drink, acts of charity and goodwill, looking forward to the New Year, and so on.

I agree, "christmas" is a pagan holiday renamed.

"If you are staying in Las Vegas, both of the brothels in Pahrump offer transportation services that will pick you up from your Las Vegas hotel for free and return you for free as well."
Las Vegas Prostitution - Nevada | Las Vegas Travel Guide

Anyway.

What other fun activities do atheists do with their kids, besides getting plastered and gambling?

You forgot to address this part,

MountainMan said:
Find a post of mine in the past 2 years where I've attacked religion (other than $cientology) or a person for being religious.
Seems that you are just trying to pick a fight (you did claim atheists attack Christians).
Sorry Koshergrl, I'm not gonna crawl into the gutter to satisfy your desire for a fight.

He wants to be a mod something fierce. So he can't do anything that looks like a 'fight'. LOL

Forum List

Back