🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So cvs is going to stop selling tobacco

I don't understand your question.

It is their business. Who cares what they decide to sell or not to sell.

THIS!

CVS decided they didn't want to sell tobacco any more. Sounds like a solid decision for a company in the health business. Doesn't mean they have to quit selling everything that isn't medicine & healthful.

Will they stop selling alcohol and soda and candy too?

Fair point the alcohol at least. Sweets and pop is kinda a toss-up though. Sugar isn't a drug like tobacco or alcohol. So while it's unhealthy in excess, if not in excess it isn't anywhere close to the same not-healthy level of booze and tobacco.

THIS!

CVS decided they didn't want to sell tobacco any more. Sounds like a solid decision for a company in the health business. Doesn't mean they have to quit selling everything that isn't medicine & healthful.

Its probably the simple fact that declining demand coupled with smaller margins due to taxes made it unprofitable.

I can still get my real stogies from cigar shop, and the cheap ones for "other" uses at a bodega

THIS!

Obesity is a bigger problem than smoking, yet the continue to sell junk food yet are in the "health business". When you single out one group you don't approve of, isn't that bigotry?

Bound to happen, sometime or another...

Walgreens will probably follow suit within a year or two...

Pressured by activists and their own internal PR and marketing folk...

THIS!

Obesity is a bigger problem than smoking, yet the continue to sell junk food yet are in the "health business". When you single out one group you don't approve of, isn't that bigotry?

There are safe levels of junk food consumption. There are no safe levels of tabacco use.

THIS!

How old are you? Seriously, I'm 66 and around age 50 some of my contemporaries began to drop dead, the ones who have smoked DIED too early from Heart Attacks, by age 60 Cancers began to catch up.

Obesity isn't addictive, nicotine is a deadly poison and is addictive - tobacco kills and those who grow, produce and sell tobacco are evil; they know they are killing their customers, know they're costing our economy $billions in health care costs and still advertise in the attempt to addict others, especially minors.

THIS!

There are safe levels of junk food consumption. There are no safe levels of tabacco use.

Nice overstatement. I doubt the 2-3 stogies I have a year will lead to my untimely demise.

Plus with E-cigs the combustion products, which are the main cause of cancers in cigarette use, go bye-bye.

Nice overstatement. I doubt the 2-3 stogies I have a year will lead to my untimely demise.

Plus with E-cigs the combustion products, which are the main cause of cancers in cigarette use, go bye-bye.

Nanny staters want ecigs gone

THIS!

You wrote something that is the truth. But forgot to mention that people like you have gone bat shit crazy when cities have tried to control portion sizes.

Of course, private business gave us the "super size" portion. I guess private business could take it away.

Someone needs to do something about 2/3 or Americans being obese or severely overweight.

You know that if we want to bring down health care costs, people not smoking or being obese would help a lot.

Forum List

Back