🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So cvs is going to stop selling tobacco

Yet they sell products that are tested in animals where millions of animals are killed per year

Obesity is a bigger problem than smoking, yet the continue to sell junk food yet are in the "health business". When you single out one group you don't approve of, isn't that bigotry?

There are safe levels of junk food consumption. There are no safe levels of tabacco use.

Nice overstatement. I doubt the 2-3 stogies I have a year will lead to my untimely demise.

Plus with E-cigs the combustion products, which are the main cause of cancers in cigarette use, go bye-bye.

Tobacco is addictive. If you understood what addiction means, you would not be so sure of yourself. That you care to post on this thread defending your 'habit' suggests you are in denial.

Nicotine is addictive, the electric cigerette is a simple 'safe' way to create an addict.

I don't understand your question.

It is their business. Who cares what they decide to sell or not to sell.

THIS!

CVS decided they didn't want to sell tobacco any more. Sounds like a solid decision for a company in the health business. Doesn't mean they have to quit selling everything that isn't medicine & healthful.

Obesity is a bigger problem than smoking, yet the continue to sell junk food yet are in the "health business". When you single out one group you don't approve of, isn't that bigotry?

Does the candy cause harm to everyone who eats it or just those who abuse it and overeat?

This attempt to create scandal where none exists is nonsense. People can become obese without ever touching candy.

And where did you get the idea that obesity is a bigger problem than smoking? A quick Google shows 300k people die every year from obesity, whereas 440k die from cigarettes (that does not include cigars, pipes or smokeless tobacco).

If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it.

THIS!

CVS decided they didn't want to sell tobacco any more. Sounds like a solid decision for a company in the health business. Doesn't mean they have to quit selling everything that isn't medicine & healthful.

How old are you? Seriously, I'm 66 and around age 50 some of my contemporaries began to drop dead, the ones who have smoked DIED too early from Heart Attacks, by age 60 Cancers began to catch up.

Obesity isn't addictive, nicotine is a deadly poison and is addictive - tobacco kills and those who grow, produce and sell tobacco are evil; they know they are killing their customers, know they're costing our economy $billions in health care costs and still advertise in the attempt to addict others, especially minors.

Yeah, apparently he has no problem inventing facts to suit his argument.

So if they stopped selling same sex wedding cards you would be okay with that?

Same sex wedding cards cause cancer? Who'd a thunk it? Besides you.

Anal sex transmits hpv which causes anal cancer. Junk food, processed food causes cancer by the way.

Guess what steve. If they are buying a same sex wedding card, they are probably already having sex of some sort. Just not in the store where they bought the card. And I know you know that HPV is transmitted via "regular", Repub approved sex also. So what was your point?

And I have no problem with curtailing the amounts of junk food offered. How about you?
You want the government to say how much a portion should be or how many grams of fat are in a hamburger?

I would RATHER have the business do the right thing ( and some are trying) than have the government step in more. But I do not have a problem with the government EDUCATING people about the dangers of smoking and obesity.

Do you mind if the government does education on those issues?

There are safe levels of junk food consumption. There are no safe levels of tabacco use.

Nice overstatement. I doubt the 2-3 stogies I have a year will lead to my untimely demise.

Plus with E-cigs the combustion products, which are the main cause of cancers in cigarette use, go bye-bye.

Nanny staters want ecigs gone
So what's your point? Are you saying, as a freedom-loving American, that CVS should be forced to sell cigarettes?

CVS can sell whatever it wants, including items trannies use.

Tobacco is addictive. If you understood what addiction means, you would not be so sure of yourself. That you care to post on this thread defending your 'habit' suggests you are in denial.

Nicotine is addictive, the electric cigerette is a simple 'safe' way to create an addict.

Then why can I limit myself to 2-3 stogies a year?

If they managed to take most of the problems out of nicotine use via E-cigs, then why should people who want to use it not enjoy using it?

First the issue was 2nd hand SMOKE because it affected others, now that the SMOKE has been eliminated, its all about the health of the smoker, except e-cigs remove 95% of the health issues, which were caused by combustion products, not the nicotine itself.

If they managed to take most of the problems out of nicotine use via E-cigs, then why should people who want to use it not enjoy using it?

First the issue was 2nd hand SMOKE because it affected others, now that the SMOKE has been eliminated, its all about the health of the smoker, except e-cigs remove 95% of the health issues, which were caused by combustion products, not the nicotine itself.

What percentage of smokers would you guess smoke only 2 or 3 times per year? 0.1%?? Maybe 0.5%?

Sugar and caffeine are addictive yet cvs will continue to sell those

What percentage of smokers would you guess smoke only 2 or 3 times per year? 0.1%?? Maybe 0.5%?

I know several people who smoke only when drunk, or like me when the mood strikes.

The issue I am combating is that Nicotine is SOOO addictive, and ANY tobacco use is dangerous, which are the exaggerations of zelots.

The evidence that E-Cigs are safe or harmful is not in, no one knows! The fact that E-Cigs deliver nicotine, an addictive drug, should concern all responsible adults. Minors are being marketed to and the purveyors of E-Cigs know they are creating addicts.

The evidence that E-Cigs are safe or harmful is not in, no one knows! The fact that E-Cigs deliver nicotine, an addictive drug, should concern all responsible adults. Minors are being marketed to and the purveyors of E-Cigs know they are creating addicts.

Coffee delivers caffine, an addictive drug. Just ask a person who hasn't had thier morning coffee.

Scotch delivers ethanol, an addictive drug.

E-cigs eliminate the primary cause of health issues in tobacco users, combustion products. Nicotine also has detrimental health effects, but not anywhere near those caused by combustion products.

That is called "control" Marty. You are controlling a most addictive substance because ta da, you know how addictive nicotine really is. Try smoking 2 stogies a day and see how much control you maintain.

I used to listen to some recovering alcoholics talk about trying to quit smoking. To a man, they said quitting cigs was tougher than quitting alcohol. Tough addiction because nicotine goes so well with everything. Coffee in the morning, beer at night, after a meal and because you are hungry, need to unwind, need to get wound up. Nicotine in a really adaptive drug. I know, I smoked for a long time.

That is called "control" Marty. You are controlling a most addictive substance because ta da, you know how addictive nicotine really is. Try smoking 2 stogies a day and see how much control you maintain.

I used to listen to some recovering alcoholics talk about trying to quit smoking. To a man, they said quitting cigs was tougher than quitting alcohol. Tough addiction because nicotine goes so well with everything. Coffee in the morning, beer at night, after a meal and because you are hungry, need to unwind, need to get wound up. Nicotine in a really adaptive drug. I know, I smoked for a long time.

If I tried smoking 2 cigars a day I would be sick. To me they are an occasional treat, nothing more. Same as pot.

If I tried smoking 2 cigars a day I would be sick. To me they are an occasional treat, nothing more. Same as pot.

There is also something called an "addictive personality". Maybe you don't have one. You be a lucky one. My wife doesn't have an addictive personality. I do. I come by it honestly. My dad was a smoking alcoholic. I do the best I can to mitigate this trait. Mostly successful.
Once I quit smoking.

For the overwhelming majority of smokers it is an addiction. And cigarettes (as I said, leaving other forms of tobacco use out) is far deadlier than obesity.

There is also something called an "addictive personality". Maybe you don't have one. You be a lucky one. My wife doesn't have an addictive personality. I do. I come by it honestly. My dad was a smoking alcoholic. I do the best I can to mitigate this trait. Mostly successful.
Once I quit smoking.

No my additicton was far worse, World of Warcraft. I've been on the wagon for 1.5 years now, and the pain lingers on.

Of course I found the perfect cure for Warcraft addiciton. Its called "A Girlfriend."

That and ive been fat since college, got rid of that mostly, which probably led to the Girlfriend.

If all smokers were able to limit themselves to a couple of cigars a year tobacco would not be a problem. The fact is that this exstremely limited use of tobacco by people is exstremely rare. CVS is not removing packs of cig's from their shelves because they are worried about folks that have control over their very limited use of tobacco products. They don't make money off of you. Nor are they doing this because of concern for the health of the general public. They are doing it because activist have been making noise about the ethics of selling tobacco at one end of the store and medicine at the other end for the treatment of the tobacco illness's they have been and continue to supplie you with. They have been making money from causing you illness and they make money treating you for the illness and alot of the money happens to be tax money. Being the first major pharmacy to quit selling tobacco will beinifit CVS. Some people will switch to CVS from other pharmacies. Even when the other pharmacies make the same tobacco free decision, the customers that switched will stay with CVS because they will have no real reason to make another switch. Hence, the move by CVS may be meant to be a kind of gimmick to increase the number of regular customers.

Forum List

Back