🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So cvs is going to stop selling tobacco

Dead early is Dead early, no matter what the pathway.

For each individual, that may be true. But if cigs cause far more death and have far, far fewer users enjoying "safe levels", it explains why CVS chose to stop selling tobacco and is still selling candy. Which was the point of the OP.

Because there are more people butthurt over tobacco in any form than over candy in any form. Dont worry. after alcohol has its turn, M&M's will be next for the anti-fun brigade.

E-Cigs remove the main cause of health issues with tobacco, i.e. the combustion products caused by burning it. and it probably reduces the required dose of nicotine due to the easier absorption from a vapor carrier than a smoke carrier. Why then all the opposition to a new technology that solves most of the problems with cigarettes (i.e. somek and second hand smoke?)

Because they are ignorant. What about e-cigs that don't have nicotine at all? They may try to ban e-cigs but they won't be able to do it.

For each individual, that may be true. But if cigs cause far more death and have far, far fewer users enjoying "safe levels", it explains why CVS chose to stop selling tobacco and is still selling candy. Which was the point of the OP.

Because there are more people butthurt over tobacco in any form than over candy in any form. Dont worry. after alcohol has its turn, M&M's will be next for the anti-fun brigade.

E-Cigs remove the main cause of health issues with tobacco, i.e. the combustion products caused by burning it. and it probably reduces the required dose of nicotine due to the easier absorption from a vapor carrier than a smoke carrier. Why then all the opposition to a new technology that solves most of the problems with cigarettes (i.e. somek and second hand smoke?)

Because they are ignorant. What about e-cigs that don't have nicotine at all? They may try to ban e-cigs but they won't be able to do it.

NYC has already extended the smoking ban in bars to e-cigs, which is a joke considering a person can pull one out of thier pocket, puff, and have it back in thier pocket in about 5 seconds.

Coffee delivers caffine, an addictive drug. Just ask a person who hasn't had thier morning coffee.

Scotch delivers ethanol, an addictive drug.

E-cigs eliminate the primary cause of health issues in tobacco users, combustion products. Nicotine also has detrimental health effects, but not anywhere near those caused by combustion products.

Classic Red Herring ^^^.

Much research has been conducted on the use of Coffee, and the withdrawl from caffine is mnor in most people, not so with nicotine.

Scotch is addictive, and alcohol in large amounts is lethal. We learned that prohibiion didn't work, hence large resources of spent to treat those addicted to alcohol. People can die from alcohol withdrawl, not so with caffine.

E-Cigs are expensive and create addiction. How do you know that they are not the new gateway drug?

Same as pot not being a gateway drug. I am an occasional user, and used it alot in college. Never went to other drugs.

E-Cigs remove 95% of the health issues from nicotine use. They have come up with a safer product. However the anti-tobacco zelotry in some people is so great (probably miserable ex smokers) that even that is not enough.

And my points are no red herring at all. I get it, you heart caffine and alcohol but hate tobacco, so naturally everyone else has to toe the line. Typical progressive statist mentality.

Hey, smoke 'em if you got 'em, I really don't give a shit. I do feel for the kids who smoke today and die early, and I understand as a Callous Conservative empathy isn't your cup of tea. BTW, proof read your posts, I don't "heart" caffine or alcohol (I've had two cups of coffee, my limit, already) and have been known to sip Irish Whiskey, neat, from time to time (but never before the late afternoon.

Classic Red Herring ^^^.

Much research has been conducted on the use of Coffee, and the withdrawl from caffine is mnor in most people, not so with nicotine.

Scotch is addictive, and alcohol in large amounts is lethal. We learned that prohibiion didn't work, hence large resources of spent to treat those addicted to alcohol. People can die from alcohol withdrawl, not so with caffine.

E-Cigs are expensive and create addiction. How do you know that they are not the new gateway drug?

Same as pot not being a gateway drug. I am an occasional user, and used it alot in college. Never went to other drugs.

E-Cigs remove 95% of the health issues from nicotine use. They have come up with a safer product. However the anti-tobacco zelotry in some people is so great (probably miserable ex smokers) that even that is not enough.

And my points are no red herring at all. I get it, you heart caffine and alcohol but hate tobacco, so naturally everyone else has to toe the line. Typical progressive statist mentality.

Hey, smoke 'em if you got 'em, I really don't give a shit. I do feel for the kids who smoke today and die early, and I understand as a Callous Conservative empathy isn't your cup of tea. BTW, proof read your posts, I don't "heart" caffine or alcohol (I've had two cups of coffee, my limit, already) and have been known to sip Irish Whiskey, neat, from time to time (but never before the late afternoon.

Empathy that results in government action to force people to act a certain way is not empathy, it is statism at best, and fascism at worst.

BRAVO! I smoked those lung suckers for 26 years and I hate to see a young person who lights one up now.

Get ready for rw heads exploding ...

Just heard that President Obama said this is 'good for the country'.

NYC has already extended the smoking ban in bars to e-cigs, which is a joke considering a person can pull one out of thier pocket, puff, and have it back in thier pocket in about 5 seconds.

That's why it's ignorant. They think that smoking an e-cig is the same as smoking a cigarette. The vapor itself is gone in two seconds. The ignorant believe that an e-cig is smoked the same way as a cig, you light it up, smoke as it burns, then throw the butt away.

They're also stopping selling chewing tobacco.

Statement on air said it doesn't make sense to work with patients who are suffering from smoking-related illness while also selling the cause. This is very much like hospitals having McDonald's or other anti-health products in their lobby while treating cancer, heart disease, diabetes upstairs.

Good for them.

They're also stopping selling chewing tobacco.

Statement on air said it doesn't make sense to work with patients who are suffering from smoking-related illness while also selling the cause. This is very much like hospitals having McDonald's or other anti-health products in their lobby while treating cancer, heart disease, diabetes upstairs.

Good for them.

They still cell medication for people who suffer from alcohol related diseases and obesity related diseases.

They can do what they want. Tobacco shops are cheering the decision. More business for them. The ideal place to open a Cigarettes Cheaper store is right next to a CVS.

I don't understand your question.

It is their business. Who cares what they decide to sell or not to sell.

THIS!

CVS decided they didn't want to sell tobacco any more. Sounds like a solid decision for a company in the health business. Doesn't mean they have to quit selling everything that isn't medicine & healthful.

True, but it's bad business. I have a cousin who says he feeds the deer in the winter. He owns a big body shop. :cool:

That's why it's ignorant. They think that smoking an e-cig is the same as smoking a cigarette. The vapor itself is gone in two seconds. The ignorant believe that an e-cig is smoked the same way as a cig, you light it up, smoke as it burns, then throw the butt away.

If you read their rationale they make no health claims, just that they want to denormalize smoking. Bigotry. Even things that appear to be smoking must be banned

Same sex wedding cards cause cancer? Who'd a thunk it? Besides you.

Anal sex transmits hpv which causes anal cancer. Junk food, processed food causes cancer by the way.

Guess what steve. If they are buying a same sex wedding card, they are probably already having sex of some sort. Just not in the store where they bought the card. And I know you know that HPV is transmitted via "regular", Repub approved sex also. So what was your point?

And I have no problem with curtailing the amounts of junk food offered. How about you?
You want the government to say how much a portion should be or how many grams of fat are in a hamburger?

I would RATHER have the business do the right thing ( and some are trying) than have the government step in more. But I do not have a problem with the government EDUCATING people about the dangers of smoking and obesity.

Do you mind if the government does education on those issues?

i have no problems with "public service announcements"....

If you read their rationale they make no health claims, just that they want to denormalize smoking. Bigotry. Even things that appear to be smoking must be banned

Who do YOU think should control what products businesses sell?

I wasn't referring to businesses. I was referring to ecig bans being done by governments.

Funny how you throw a limp wristed fit when a business doesn't support a cause you like. Remember when bakers refuse to make gay wedding cakes? I recall you libs throwing the biggest limp wristed fits of all time, saying businesses shouldn't have the right to do that.

Same sex wedding cards cause cancer? Who'd a thunk it? Besides you.

Katzndogz

she thinks a lot of strange things......like if you smoke Pot occasionally.....you are an addict....what else can you be?....

I missed that. Will someone please link to the post where I said anything about same sex wedding cards.

People who use pot occasionally are drug addicts and should be shot on sight. There. That's what a statement looks like.

I wasn't referring to businesses. I was referring to ecig bans being done by governments.

Funny how you throw a limp wristed fit when a business doesn't support a cause you like. Remember when bakers refuse to make gay wedding cakes? I recall you libs throwing the biggest limp wristed fits of all time, saying businesses shouldn't have the right to do that.

You didn't answer the question but I'll let you off the hook.

Sorry, I didn't know that government forced either CVS or a baker to act against their will. Link, please.

I was also unaware that government has banned e-cigarettes. I thought that some have banned their use at indoor places where people gather but of course, you would be in favor of people having the freedom to avoid e cigarettes just as smokers should have the freedom to smoke.

And of course, saying that something is banned is completely different than banning a thing in a particular place, right?

Forum List

Back