🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So cvs is going to stop selling tobacco

Will they stop selling alcohol and soda and candy too?

I just learned yesterday, their decision to discontinue selling tobacco products will cost them 2 billion a year. ( Someone must have really gotten to them )

Is that in sales or profit? If its sales then a lot of that cost actually goes right to the state and federal governments in taxes.

I just learned yesterday, their decision to discontinue selling tobacco products will cost them 2 billion a year. ( Someone must have really gotten to them )

Is that in sales or profit? If its sales then a lot of that cost actually goes right to the state and federal governments in taxes.

Or it goes to the government(s) as part of the Big Tobacco settlement that happened in 1998.
Look that settlement up. Big Tobacco gave up a lot of money. But they got back that they couldn't be sued for the illness caused to individual smokers. Even class action suits I believe.

But they make payments to states designed to offset the Medicare costs from treating smoking related illness.

And to educated the general public about the dangers of smoking. Especially kids.

Just think if gun manufactures were held liable like that.

Or it goes to the government(s) as part of the Big Tobacco settlement that happened in 1998.
Look that settlement up. Big Tobacco gave up a lot of money. But they got back that they couldn't be sued for the illness caused to individual smokers. Even class action suits I believe.

But they make payments to states designed to offset the Medicare costs from treating smoking related illness.

And to educated the general public about the dangers of smoking. Especially kids.

well you are a little misinfoirmed there. it was a one time payment. none of the money went to offset any healthcare costs. Tobacco companies got the biggest monkey at the time off their backs, lawsuites. they also had legislation written that makes it virtually impossible for any new competition to enter the market.

and look whats happening. smoking is on the rise again.

well you are a little misinfoirmed there. it was a one time payment. none of the money went to offset any healthcare costs. Tobacco companies got the biggest monkey at the time off their backs, lawsuites. they also had legislation written that makes it virtually impossible for any new competition to enter the market.

Where?

cvs does a total of about $125 billion a year so that has to be total sales.

Where?

where what?

Where?

where what?

Where is smoking on the rise?

Its their choice

No big impact on smokers. They will just buy their smokes elsewhere

This could bring more business to CVS from ex smokers. Like me. I will now look for a CVS to give my business to as opposed to a Rite Aid or some other drug store still selling cigs. I mean, why not. I know smoking is bad, that's why I quit. About time a drugstore figured that out.

Again all of you folks who don't think too much. CVS doesn't give two shits about your health, cigarettes or whether you quit sis boom bah. It is a business angle they have been working towards for years.

Its their choice

No big impact on smokers. They will just buy their smokes elsewhere

This could bring more business to CVS from ex smokers. Like me. I will now look for a CVS to give my business to as opposed to a Rite Aid or some other drug store still selling cigs. I mean, why not. I know smoking is bad, that's why I quit. About time a drugstore figured that out.

Again all of you folks who don't think too much. CVS doesn't give two shits about your health, cigarettes or whether you quit sis boom bah. It is a business angle they have been working towards for years.

I hear it is a test program for Obama to ban cigarettes. Smokers should start stocking up. I have been for months and will make millions on the black market. It will be like an old prison movie

I don't understand your question.

It is their business. Who cares what they decide to sell or not to sell.

THIS!

CVS decided they didn't want to sell tobacco any more. Sounds like a solid decision for a company in the health business. Doesn't mean they have to quit selling everything that isn't medicine & healthful.

Obesity is a bigger problem than smoking, yet the continue to sell junk food yet are in the "health business". When you single out one group you don't approve of, isn't that bigotry?

Gov. is trying to find a way to tax sugar. It will be a trend to come after obesity people soon just like they came after tobacco users. It is the ways to tax people. The legalization of pot had much to do with tax too. People are sheep. The group thinking that made this trends. Coca cola ad is another example of marketing to those who want what seems to be popular right now.

I hear it is a test program for Obama to ban cigarettes. Smokers should start stocking up. I have been for months and will make millions on the black market. It will be like an old prison movie

do you have a tunnel to get out?.....

Ahm gonna offer a package deal on ebay ... old French fries from McD's, incandescent light bulbs and cigarettes. Thinking I should add WallyWorld Duck Dynasy t-shirts.

Bet I'll clean up, especially now that smoking is increasing again.

this won't reduce smoking one bit. no one is giving up their habit just because cvs will stop carrying them. $10 a pack didn't make smokers quit. what a bonehead move by cvs

Pharmacies are one of the most expensive places in any town to buy smokes, anyway.

No wonder CVS quit stocking them, there's absolutely no incentive to buy them there.

As smokers can't smoke inside a CVS, all CVS is doing is driving customers who smoke to Walgreens.

It's there prerogative, but a rather silly business decision, imo.

CVS is trying to change their image. They do not want a bunch of seedy looking cigarette smokers hanging around

But they're fine with a bum buying a 40 of beer and a bunch of lottery tickets!

If I wanted to do that, I'd buy them in New Hampshire (~$55/carton) & sell them in NYC ($10+ per PACK).

Forum List

Back